QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 43|回复: 0

[专八辅导] 英语专业八级改错练习题及答案解析(九十九)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 11:29:10 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  The Big Ben is very famous throughout the world, but nobody
* U7 Q' L. u  o/ N% o- ^  really knows the reason why it is called Big Ben. However, there% e9 ?7 o) Y  _% p- t. B+ U3 `
  are two stories may explain the reason. Some people say that it was __1__
! z+ k+ P, O% L$ T4 f0 Q  named Benjamin Caunt, a boxer, who was called Big Ben. __2__
& ^; f. ]9 H" e2 w  More people believe the name comes from a Welshman,Sir Benjamin Hall. __3__
  I: _: R6 Z6 b8 b  He commissioned the work in 1859. A story arose that, during a debate
% {, U# }$ R1 B8 s" [! {! U) D  in House of Commons on what to call the bell, Sir Benjamin was about __4__1 g$ \8 q: i" F5 b8 _/ i3 y  {
  to give his ideas that someone who sat behind the front bench shouted, __5__
5 _; P) s2 X2 G% v  "Let's call it Big Ben!"
3 m& l2 t$ `( q/ A  The history of the bell tower, since the beginning of its design, is+ z+ k& G. Q: ^3 N
  by no means smooth, however. Due to disagreements about the clock's
$ R1 C* v1 |. z1 r3 w! ?. M  design, it takes fifteen years to build. In 1857, the structure was __6__0 [+ u6 ^% K+ W+ q) O1 y
  completed and tested on the ground, but a four-foot crack appeared,# n# \3 j' Z5 d% U+ c
  and the bell had to cast again. Finally, the clock started ticking __7__3 x8 P- J+ k4 t+ f) o  T/ {
  on May 31,1859, and stroke its first chime on July 11. Then, in __8__
. |/ V/ B5 |  p( M8 S  September, the bell cracked again. It was silent for four years
1 Q  G, n8 t6 _8 O  but was eventually turned a quarter of a revolution. As a result,( n3 _! o) G6 k, W4 ~
  the crack was not under the striking hammer. Craftsmen made a
3 t# y0 H" e1 K5 t" I; H/ ?  square above the crack to stop it to cracking further and it can __9__( x* p9 `: u6 `& h8 R
  still be seen today./ d  I% B5 d4 f. M
  The Big Ben is famous not only for its thirteen-ton weight, but also8 n9 t) I- t' I: T- O
  for its accuracy, that is a result of its presise mechanism. __10__
% _6 W2 e+ n/ Z# K" R5 O  Even one extra penny's weight on the balance would cause a gain
: v4 a8 [' y0 w: q( p  w) _0 F2 J  of two fifths of a second in twenty hours. Although there have been
  r( {' x  b" K1 W) L1 x7 z  several problems, the bell still chimes today.
3 o7 N9 z( r1 [' @/ g/ h  答案及解析:& }# {, t8 w  A5 y- S% r. |
  1.^may--that/which
) Z4 I1 O) }8 m6 W& ~5 D  two stories 后面添加that/which。此处缺少关系代词,关系代词作may explain the reason的主语不能省略。3 f1 }# B% T+ l# L2 U5 }8 \
  2.named^--after
$ i# s, C& ~4 P2 j" K  根据上下文意思,这里是说大本钟是根据一个拳击手GenjaminCaunt的名字命名的,所以用固定搭配be named after。4 D/ y3 s- ^  V4 s
  3.comes--came
  a: Z# G% v5 H, I* d  根据上下文的时态综合看来,这里是说过去的情况,所以要用一般过去时。9 t& ^9 m, }9 M( U$ e4 W. W$ i
  4.^House--the
8 p+ O8 U$ B7 t+ t0 l/ t; n% ?  House of Commoms是专有名词,前面需要定冠词。
' d! Y5 v; p- \3 a  5.that--when) }% R! T& s7 o- d3 q4 B
  根据上下文意思,此处是说当Sir Benjamin正要书哦自己的看法时,坐着第一排座位后面的某个人喊道:“我们就叫它大本钟好了。”事实上,此处句中的was about to已经给了我们提示,让人不禁想到be about to do sth.when 的习惯用法。
: B. o+ \3 m6 E" O  c8 s' H. S  6.takes--took
/ K: D& Y+ E' {8 {! E  这里还是时态上前后一致的问题。
% Y$ d# H# [1 }. d# n; D4 ^  7.^cast--be
" W% n! _5 |* \: u  此处需要的是被动态,“大本钟不得不被再次浇铸”4 Z8 a5 Y* \  ?( E* E' o
  8.stroke--struck9 B& t. z$ D  f# K" ^* W0 O. Q6 `
  此处的意思是大本钟“敲响”了,struck是原型动词strike的过去式,而stroke是动词原形,意思是“抚摸,轻抚”。" n* K; m$ C" ?3 Z( j
  9.to--from
4 |9 D: H) {: ]! {& e  ~  这里需要的意思是“阻止……的发生”,所以用固定搭配“stop...from doing...”0 W; y9 @' k5 c4 {
  10.that--which
. O* R0 W7 i+ m. A2 w  此处是非限定性定语从句,that不可以使用,要用关系代词which。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-21 14:48 , Processed in 0.485838 second(s), 21 queries .