QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 87|回复: 0

[专八辅导] 英语专业八级改错练习题及答案解析(104)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 11:29:10 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  Halloween’s origins date to the ancient Celtic festival __1__
" }. i; s1 y& Q2 T: c  of Samhain(pronounced sow-in). The Celts, which lived __2__" r% _5 [. n. R+ s
  2,000 years ago in the area that is now Ireland, the United Kingdom,; s: ]: P; e# \2 z1 b( k
  and northern France, celebrated its new year on November 1.
% N$ W4 p& H4 I2 V) t  This day marked the end of the summer and the harvest and __3__* G5 c3 a0 f  u
  the beginning of the dark, cold winter, a time of year that was: ?8 L2 k& ^# @" R5 @; u" ]' a
  often associated with human death. Celts believed that at the __4__
% G6 a, Y! I* ~$ }  night before the new year, the boundary between the worlds
% U. a1 h5 }, n# V  of the live and the dead became blurred. On the night of October __5__
  I4 d" U0 {* d4 Z8 h* q- n  31, they celebrated Samhain, when it believed that the ghosts __6__* B9 \! X9 ^) F4 R% ?3 Z, t+ `
  of the dead returned to earth. In addiction to causing trouble and3 ^  X$ Q& [) Z  t, [" m
  damaging crops, Celts thought that the presence of the6 ?+ D& o, E* u+ K9 ~: W; m, R
  other worldly spirits made it easier for the Druids, or Celtic Priest,) f% y0 ~' {, c, ]8 @# s0 c
  make predictions about the future. For a people entirely dependent __7__
% e; s3 _% R/ b, C! R  on the volatile natural world, these prophecies were an important* R- j7 S8 O6 f; z9 E
  source of comfort and direction during the long, dark winter.
1 |( [% a" S3 r2 `! ~% X  To commemorate the event, Druids built huge sacred bonfires,4 D" g" A; K# O4 f) P! Y
  Which the people gathered to burn crops and animals as sacrifices __8__
+ z7 R/ }5 J$ c! Z# L  to the Celtic deities. During the celebration, the Celts wore
* y0 ~; {2 u+ o3 ~' \2 |3 _; ]3 e  costumes, typically consisted of animal heads and skins, and __9__
2 g4 ?- p" v4 _; I+ y* g$ Q  attempted to assume each other’s fortunes. When the celebration __10__; z( e3 _) L+ g" U: l) o1 R
  was over, they re-lit their hearth fires, which they had extinguished
, f0 _2 Z& q: g% _* Y" J' e  earlier that evening, from the sacred bonfire to help protect them4 z. r" ~& a: E( S! }, Y
  during the coming winter.
7 q' T3 z* ?* ]3 j2 x  答案:
) W. h+ u: l- w( C  g  y  1.^to—back date back to 固定搭配,意为“追溯至”。  V. L/ e" L) w# u
  2.which—who Celts 是“盖尔特人”的意思,应该用who来引导非限制性定语从句。5 d+ c1 g4 c( m8 j4 E& |$ Z
  3. the summer-- / summer 季节前面不用加冠词。
+ f4 R) c$ _3 p& y0 {8 y  4.at—on 在某个特定日子的晚上用介词on。
+ X& |3 n, A$ i) q  5.live—living the living 表示“活着的人”与the dead “死者”相对。7 p+ L% m. Y0 V8 X. ?, S& v
  6.^ believed—was 这里应该用被动句。# N, F* B4 o) N3 U
  7.^ make—to 动词不定式短语做真正的宾语。4 Q8 @0 g( S  z- \3 y9 L1 v6 A
  8.which—where 或者^which—around 先行词bonfire在这里是表示地点的名词。  u/ Q( t! @5 w* d2 e
  9.consisted—consisting 用现在分词表示主动。  y) K! g) B" x+ b+ \# A+ y
  10.assume—sell “算命”英语用“tell one’s fortune”.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-21 14:44 , Processed in 0.268615 second(s), 21 queries .