QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 69|回复: 0

[专八辅导] 英语专业八级改错练习题及答案解析(101)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 11:29:10 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  The second most important constituent of the biosphere is
7 [3 ~1 m: n# q0 q8 f# y' d  liquid water. This can only exist in a very narrow range of temperatures,
( _9 B  K4 k- B4 ^& Q# H  since water freezes at 0°C and boils at 100°C. This is
5 z1 _6 D& V0 |; r  only a tiny range compared with the low temperatures of some. a6 N& M, T/ `3 O% M
  other planets and the hot interior of the earth, let the temperature __1__
7 P. n. I2 B3 w8 _8 b  of the sun.
/ J8 P4 s% b8 S; K" v- [$ Q+ e) }  As we know, life would only be possible on the face of a __2__( q  v) @$ S) Y0 r/ X# G/ m
  planet had temperatures somewhere within this range. __3__
4 N  z! \- ]/ F1 `# ^: k7 V# C  The earth’s supply of water probably remains quite fairly constant __4__
- D: l" q% w: V5 B$ E! h7 b! H  in quantity. A certain number of hydrogen atoms, which
0 u% U/ s7 V$ K/ d9 F0 P  are one of the main constituents of water, are lost by escaping
& E) ~3 e, y& K- Q  from the atmosphere to out space, but they are probably just __5__
2 i* j& q+ }* ?# U$ L& c* m- ], _  about to be replaced by new water rising away from the depths of the __6__
  f1 k1 W+ l. e  Y* {- }( _4 t" s  earth during volcanic action. The total quantity of water is not
+ q1 T- C* j- x$ |: Q  known, and it is about enough to cover the surface of the globe __7__
1 z' q: t6 e% Q8 X# e+ N  to a depth of about two and three-quarter kms. Most of it—97%
! n$ j: a) d. }9 t5 [- x2 R$ p  is in the form of the salt waters of the oceans. The rest is
7 Z+ N) y6 j8 P+ C  @  S  fresh, but three quarter of this is in the form of ice at the Poles __8__" p4 a$ m" N$ e" |0 R
  and on mountains, and cannot be used by living systems when __9__, j, W, i0 V+ \3 N- I
  melted. Of the remaining fraction, which is somewhat fewer __10__
' R! ~$ H: e- }: Z  than 1%of the whole, there is 10-20 times as much stored as underground. V5 X/ U# q# V6 r( e
  water as is actually on the surface. There is also a minor,
6 s8 v6 r/ S: x3 K, U. A* z7 ]7 q  but extremely important, fraction of the water supply
% F) K. V# m2 b7 U. ?+ g  which is present as water vapour in the atmosphere.
  z: M7 c6 z, Q$ `  答案:
0 b0 B8 p, s( s- ^' I' W! Z  1.Let ^the 加入alone. Let alone 意为“更不用说”, 表示一种让步关系。
! D: I+ ]& Z  e5 \) k, B+ t  2.face-surface 根据上下文理解,应该指地球的表面。
7 r) N* r; M4 @8 B  3.planet^had 加入which或that。这样使得planet后面的句子成为一个定语从句。
% ]( a! x" F+ R: T0 B2 S  4.去掉fairly或quite 意思重复。
2 s1 ?" K+ |7 }0 ]5 u  5.out改成outer 这里指外层空间。
8 s. S" {/ A6 b" o  6.去掉away rise后面不接away。4 L! b8 M$ Q! `; Y" k
  7.and改成although 短文中这里是让步关系,而不是并列关系。9 C5 Q5 C; x, S/ p0 _
  8.quarter改成quarters 英语表达中,当分子是二以上的数时,分母应为复数。
; m: z/ e' B. c  9.when改成until或者unless 根据上下文,这句话的意思应为:除非(冰雪)融化,否则(地球上的)生命系统就无法利用水。所以when在这里的意思有误。0 S/ u+ J3 `5 f$ u- J, M
  10.fewer改成less 文中的remaining fraction 仍指水,因此不能用fewer,要用less。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-21 14:44 , Processed in 0.409293 second(s), 21 queries .