立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 40|回复: 0

[专八辅导] 趣味阅读 :瑞士男子驾太阳能的士环游世界

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 11:29:10 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
French Louis Palmer sits inside his solar taxi at the venue of the UN Climate Change Conference 2007 in Nusa Dua, on Bali island, 07 December 2007. Swiss national Louis Palmer fulfilled a childhood dream when he set off from his home country on July 3, travelling over desert, city and sea in 17 countries by a “solar taxi” to reach UN Climate Change Conference in Bali, Indonesia. "In 1986, I was a 14-year-old boy, I was dreaming that when I will be an adult, I want to drive around the world," he told reporters. "Then it came to my mind, how can I travel around the world and enjoy the beauty of this world with a car that is polluting the world? Then I thought the perfect car would be a solar car." His car, which has become a major attraction at the gates of the summit of some 188 nations, was built in three years with scientific help from four universities and 15 Swiss companies. The car pulls a trailer with six squares metres of solar panels which soak up the sun. The electricity is fed into the battery which powers the car, and can run for up to 100 kilometres a day. "It‘s the first time in history that a car is driving around the world without a single drop of petrol," boasted Palmer, a teacher by training. His epic solar journey is not his first adventure -- he traversed Africa on a bicycle and North America in a light aircraft. So far, Palmer has gone by land through Europe and the Middle East, then by sea to India and on to Indonesia. After traversing much of Asia, Australia, North America and Africa, he will return to Switzerland to try and drum up support for the commercial possibilities of solar cars. For the moment, he has his hands full, with more curious customers waiting
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 01:15 , Processed in 0.213702 second(s), 21 queries .