立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 59|回复: 0

[专八辅导] 英语专业八级人文知识辅导资料(12)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 11:35:50 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  1 The two areas in Britain where a lot of immigrants live are _____.
; Q0 V# e: F0 T8 }' Y0 o9 @0 v  A London and Cambridge
6 ~  e' Q! n) b, Q0 r  B London and heart of England* m9 l3 [+ z8 `. k" P* p
  C Manchester and Birmingham% @9 i. |7 J+ s3 T$ ^
  D Edinburgh and Nottingham
) j6 W$ }$ F7 |3 o  2 The flag of the United Kingdom, known as the Union Jack, is made up of _____ crosses.+ C" P, Y6 z3 K" t
  A one B two C three D four3 n1 N6 V) N. {
  3 Which flower is symbol of England?
$ s( I5 J' l2 o/ o% b4 W  A Thistle B Shamrock C Daffodil D Rose
8 u. V% b; z) i1 y5 x  4 _____ was the home of the Lake Poets William Wordsworth, Samuel Taylor, Coleridge and Robert Southey of 19th century Britain." K6 F6 D: x! K! x: D% L
  A Lough Neagh B Windermere C Lake District D Coniston Water
- |9 r2 Z. \2 c) B  5 The first known settlers of Britain were the _____.
% X# ?8 ^! }  d9 a  A Iberians B Beaker Folk C Celts D Anglo-Saxons
  U4 o( Z- Y; Y1 q1 |* r  6 Who invaded and conquered Britain for the first time in 55 BC?  m& l/ w' T$ |$ p7 H
  A Emperor Claudius B King Alfred C King Ethelred D Julius Caesar( b2 M# h* N5 _& Q3 g
  7 Which one is not the reason for the very limited influence of Roman to Britain?
; f8 {' c: n% w5 k  A The Romans always treated the Britons as a subject people of slave class.
# @6 o  Z/ u! g  B The Romans and Britons never intermarry during the 4 centuries( @, [! |! x6 a6 p8 J' L) o7 a
  C The Romans didn’t like the Britons.
7 a0 ~+ ], Q$ D" L7 k/ w  D The Romans had no impact on the language or culture of ordinary Britons.
) Q! I! S# I6 ~9 F+ m  ~) v  T2 ^  8 The Hundred Years’ war with France ended by the English being driven out of France. By 1453 _____ was the only part of France that was still in the hands of the English.
+ M% L  i, o! G7 l( d4 ~9 F; \  A Dover B Calais C Southampton D Portsmouth
9 D  Q# ]4 q- l( X  9 Which war had little effect on ordinary people but gave a death blow to feudalism?. ~) i4 k! T& m/ A( b/ m2 U
  A The Wars of the Roses B The Hundred Years’ War
' ^  [) r- t! e. V* L$ R( ^+ f  C The English Civil War D World War I3 x; h+ U1 T- M' K" x3 \/ x0 k/ u
  10 The English Civil War, also called the Puritan Revolution , is generally regarded as the beginning of modern ____ history.; J6 H+ M" J1 c1 q1 h; H1 {
  A European B Scottish C Welsh D world
( x# `9 s2 r' ]* X. P+ b  练习题答案及题解:2 V! J! c$ }* m+ i! e
  1 B, 现在,英国移民主要集中在伦敦及英格兰心脏地带的一些城市和城镇,诸如 Slough, Leicester, Wolverhampton, Birmingham, Luton, Bradford, Coventry, Bedford 和Reading等等。
3 w8 H( q/ p: N  2 C, 英国国旗为红白蓝三色的米字旗(也叫“Union Jack”),是由三个十字组成。
4 Y9 S1 V) v" t  }; D( H  3 D, A,蓟是苏格兰的象征,用作苏格兰的国徽;B,三叶苜蓿花为爱尔兰的国花;C,黄水仙花是威尔士的国花;D,玫瑰则是英格兰的国花。/ ^# M  T4 N$ l& Y& D+ j
  4 C, 位于英格兰西北部和威尔士北部的湖区是英国著名的风景区之一,也是英国十九世纪湖畔诗人聚居的地方。
% |0 p0 ?2 c  R2 ~" |* h! P% x  5 A, 最早来英国定居的是伊比利亚人。大约在公元前3000年左右,也就是新石器时代,他们从伊比利亚半岛(即今天的西班牙)来到英国。- c) `$ H+ P0 j
  6 D, 英国的历史是从罗马人的入侵开始的。恺撒,这位伟大的罗马将军,在公元前55年第一次带兵入侵并征服了英国。; {* \6 e+ ~/ a1 ]: m
  7 C, 尽管罗马人征服了英国,但是罗马文化对英国的影响十分有限。这主要是因为:罗马人一直把英国人看作是社会地位相当于奴隶的被降伏的民族;在长达四个世纪的时间里从来没有罗马人跟英国人通婚;罗马人对英国平民阶层的语言和文化没有任何影响。7 G9 r- B# ~# X5 r5 S& P; U
  8 B, 英法之间的百年战争以英国人被赶出法国而告终。到1453年战争结束时,只有法国北部的加莱港还在英国人手里。
; G. r! g  I( W0 b, R5 j3 n  9 A, 尽管玫瑰战争持续了30年,但对老百姓的生活几乎没什么影响,反倒使英国的封建主义受到致命打击,贵族阶层受到了削弱。5 d& _3 A! R( {7 G
  10 D, 英国内战也叫“清教徒革命”,这是因为反对国王的人大部分是那些清教徒。英国内战不仅推翻了英国的封建制度,也动摇了欧洲封建统治的基础。所以,从这个角度讲,英国内战通常被看作现代世界史的开端。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-1 08:48 , Processed in 0.298724 second(s), 21 queries .