立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 56|回复: 0

[专八辅导] 专八英语考试自测冲刺题-改错篇16

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 11:35:50 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  A history of long and effortless success can be a dreadful handicap, but, if properly handling, it may become a driving force. When __1__ the United States entered just such a glowing period after the end of the Second World War, it had a market eight times larger than any other competitor, given its industries unparalleled economies of scale. Its __2__ scientists were the world’s best, its workers the most skilled. America and Americans were prosperous beyond the dreams of the Europeans and Asians whose economies that the war had destroyed. __3__ It was inevitable that this primacy should have narrowed as other countries grew richer. Just as inevitably, the retreat from predominance proved painful. By the mid-1980s Americans found __4__ themselves at a loss over their fading industrial competition. Some __5__ huge American industries, such as consumer electronic, had shrunk __6__ or vanished in the face of foreign competition. Foreign-made cars and textiles were sweeping into the domestic market and America’s machine-tool industry was on the rope. For a while it looked as __7__ though the making of semiconductors, which America had sat at the __8__ heart of the new computer age, was going to be the next casualty.
* ?8 ^1 Y4 O' j7 V6 d4 \: d/ ?% @  All of this caused a crisis of confidence. Americans stopped talking prosperity for grant. They began to believe that their way of doing __9__ business was failing, and that their incomes would therefore shortly begin to fall as well. The mid-1980 brought one inquiry after __10__ another into the causes of America’s industrial decline. Their sometimes sensational findings were filled with warnings about growing competition from overseas.
7 U8 B" Z4 t; F2 Y& C  答案:1 N( l, E- d/ R* ?
  1.handling改为handled。这里handle和主句的主语it是被动关系。1 u' [6 ]4 U4 Y  X3 i* {
  2.given改为giving。动词give的主语是前面整个分句“it had a market eight times larger than any competitor”,它和give的关系是主动的,所以用giving。. A% U# a4 l" @, {
  3.去掉that。whose在这里引导关系从句修饰the Europeans and Asians,因此这里不能再出现一个关系代词that了。
% O' {- H) f( m6 {  4.found前加上had。by引导的时间状语出现在一个句子里,它的主句动词往往是完成体。* X6 \2 L3 |. ~# S& {
  5.competition改为competitiveness。fading在这里表示“日益丧失的”,后面的名词短语应该表示“ 工业竞争力”,而competition表示“竞争”,并不表示“竞争能力”。  6.electronic改为electronics。electronic是形容词表示“电子的”,这里应该用electronics,表示“ 电子装置和组件”、$ }* r% \* a# @. c( ^0 K
  7.rope改为ropes。on the ropes 表示“濒于失败或崩溃”,其中rope是以复数形式出现的,所以应该为ropes。在另一个短语 the end of one’s rope,rope则是单数,表示“某人耐心,耐力的限度”。* [, M! c5 ]$ D/ G9 I7 q' a( |
  8.had后面加上which/that。这句话里面有两个关系从句,而且一个之中套另一个:which America had 是第一层关系从句,which sat at the heart of the new computer age 是第二层,它们所修饰的都是semiconductors,所以如果看不出两层关系从句就很难找出错误来。
, x. x. `! P" z8 _8 n1 x2 d  9.grant改为granted。take for granted 是一个短语表示“ 想当然”。
- g( i' i# }3 H  10.mid-1980 改为 mid-1980s
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-5 01:56 , Processed in 0.298750 second(s), 21 queries .