立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 49|回复: 0

[专八辅导] 专八英语考试自测冲刺题-改错篇18

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 11:35:50 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  There are three main groups of oils: animal, vegetable and mineral.
! p; m: k+ k: Y; _  t  Great numbers of animal oil come from whales, those enormous __1__ creatures of the sea which are the largest remaining animals in the world. To protect the whale from the cold of the Arctic seas, nature has provided it with a thick cover of fat called blubber. When the __2__ whale is killed, the blubber is stripped off and boiled down, either board the ship or on shore. It produces a great quantity of oil which __3__ can be made into food for human consumption. A few other creatures yield oil, and none so much as the whale. The livers of the cod and __4__ the halibut, two kinds of fish, yield nourishing oil.
- ~" ~$ I" w9 S& s  Both cod liver oil and halibut liver oil are given to sick children and other invalids who need certain vitamins. These oils may be
! {* W( D' x+ E1 n0 S9 T5 ~6 G. Z  bought at any chemist. Vegetable oil has been known from antiquity. __5__ No household can not get on without it, for it is used in cooking. To __6__ the ordinary man, one kind of oil may be as important as another.
; H' ^2 {/ N- w3 u  But when the politician or the engineer refers to oil, one almost always __7__ means mineral oil, the oil that drives tanks, aeroplanes and warships,motor-cars and diesel locomotives; the oil that is used to lubricate all kinds of machineries. This is the oil that has changed the life __8__ of the common men. To it we owe the existence of the motor-car, __9__ which has replaced the private horse-drawing carriage. __10__9 c& o) X% P5 o+ S% x, Q3 ?7 v" }
  答案:
0 K& l) s# ~- H' r; q  1.numbers改为quantities.animal oil 是不可数名词,不能用number of 来修饰。可以修饰不可数名词的限定词有:a bit of,a large amount of,a great deal of,a lot of,plenty of,a large quantity of。
" k/ _8 h" ]; i# K  2.cover改为covering.cover和covering虽然都是名词,意思却不一样。前者是“封面,盖子”,后者是“遮盖物,覆盖物”,可以说蓝鲸的脂肪是它防寒的遮盖物,而不能说是“盖子”。8 a6 G& e" y, |) i9 G' x
  3.board前面加on.board可以作为名词和介词on连用表示“在(船,飞机,车)上”,如:on board the ship 就是“在船上”。
: Q0 U8 h0 Q, _" G+ Y; C  g$ V4 N  4.and改成but.前后两个分句是转折的关系。+ G* b7 n" Z8 R$ e# Q7 z4 R" Q1 [: l
  5.chemist改为chemists.文中要表达的是“在药店”,那么应该“介词+名词属格”表示地点。所以应该是at any chemist’s.
3 r7 Q8 L) A4 }3 m$ H  6.去掉not   7.one改为he/he or she.代词的先行此是politician和engineer,这是一类通性名词,既可以是男性也可以是女性,这类名词以单数形式表示类指时,通常用相应的阳性代词he,有时也用he or she。8 H6 |8 ~8 q5 R, x4 l5 ~
  8.machineries改为machinery/machines.machinery是不可数的集体名词,没有复数形式。
7 |/ f- a8 I* k5 X) B0 F0 ?  9.men改为man或者the(common men)的the去掉.the common man 是类指,既然有定冠词,那么应该用man的单数形式,或者保留复数men而去掉定冠词。: {- f  n7 d+ {4 e" u  h3 T
  10.horse-drawing改为horse-drawn.“用马拉的车”,draw和carriage是被动关系。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-4 22:20 , Processed in 0.155934 second(s), 21 queries .