[人文知识] 英语专业八级人文知识精讲NO.39

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 11:42:11 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  __1__ Henry James’ novels are referred to as ___.% u$ J! @  b: a* Z& |' Z
  A novels of humor" @, s- M1 E/ Y5 U& V: k* M7 y
  B novels of criticism
0 s0 }/ T; ^" J# {8 S" }  C novels of manners. o# p; A/ W& K! f) D
  D novels of history
+ k3 w$ ^: N- j! l9 r7 a  __2__ Henry James’ fame rested largely upon his handling of his major fictional theme, “the international theme”, which includes all the following but ___." [" v+ ], m' j3 y6 q+ T! B
  A the meeting of American and Europe
% n* g, }  Y( ^/ ~. V& m, t  B American innocence in contact and contrast with European decadence
7 _+ z- `) g# k* C% o  C the moral and psychological complications
3 b. }! m# q7 x( W3 A3 \  D the nostalgic feeling of ancient Europe% ?3 }& A( ^! X  B# X5 }  ^/ B
  __3__ In his whole writing career James was concerned with ___ which is at the center of his aesthetic of the novel.
1 x& r. v7 b. P) p8 ]8 p, G) |( L  A “point of wiew”! Y1 ]: e6 i7 x3 n# q
  B “character”) u- t; h. t+ a
  C “plot”% f+ h+ u  ~; Z0 y  a# p* X" g0 g
  D “theme”2 e" I& g3 D, E5 d: P
  __4__ Most of William Dean Howells’s literary-aesthetic ideas are best elucidated in his ___.3 |" `( a4 g* I: f$ _2 c! g( Q
  A Aspects of fiction6 K7 }9 Y! n! m/ k6 P' `
  B Philosophy of Composition" G* G2 U& t6 R9 l* ]
  C Arts of Fiction
. _5 `4 h6 k9 [: h% p- d  N  D Criticism and Fiction
' V3 E6 p. Z' Y; e- u0 I! G  __5__ As a poet, Ezra Pound is best known for his active involvement in ___.
. a7 J2 E; ]* S6 @% S2 [  A the Beat Generation movement# E" x1 f$ e! j$ h" [- E" n
  B the radical political protests9 ^. l4 q* P' w3 R
  C the poetic revolution- W5 Y0 h! Q1 W+ x; j' {
  D the school of Naturalism
3 H$ U$ M) S9 o( l  __6__ F. Scott Fitzgerald shows an interest in the spiritual predicament of ___ in his fiction.
2 H9 U" u6 \$ w2 i; Z  A the working class people( O: V9 C+ q2 W9 D2 u
  B the upper class society% R1 n" o. u. K. \
  C the exiles in Paris
+ A# o$ i/ E  C0 ^7 a+ _  D intellectuals and artists
+ N" `0 \6 Y  c9 e" M  __7__ which of the following is NOT written by Theodore Dreiser?.
( v4 {+ I, F7 Y" A5 j0 h7 \/ E  A The Genius2 `: c% }) T- Y  @
  B The Titan6 v0 ?6 n* i9 B1 g9 n7 E
  C Light in August
; z& Y: ?& q6 _  D: b) `8 z  z7 F  D Jennie Gerhardt* P" p& E! j: e; O
  __8__ Which of the Hemingway’s novels describe the drifting life of American exiles in Europe?
/ S$ I' G) F) s5 K4 `  c9 x! r) F  A The Sun Also Rises
; K( D  Y8 B) n$ ?8 Q' O  B A Farewell to Arms
  ?# r$ b" h6 L3 S/ O# U  C For Whom the Bell Tolls
/ d$ \$ t$ ~! p/ i' }  D The Old Man and the Sea
. a1 P" @5 s. L" U  __9__ Which statement about Eugene O’Neill is NOT true?' a, X" n- F( x, b* [( Q6 X
  A He was awarded the Nobel Prize
. X6 @4 U& }  W  F# Q  B He experimented with expressionism5 U8 m6 u. m- r8 q  ]
  C He has produced over 40 plays in his lifetime8 e$ k$ F0 |# |) S( N
  D His later works are generally inferior in quality
+ }% d0 j& R8 S. D. F  __10__ Apart form the dislocation of time and the modern stream-of-consciousness, the other narrative techniques Faulkner used to construct his stories include ___, symbolism and mythological and biblical allusions.- d. G+ a- l* q* X; f% R, e4 @% m
  A impressionism! r& \7 C8 @/ Z
  B expressionism
, T+ W! m- k- }- g8 s1 ]- u1 f  C multiple points of view: Q6 {& S- h8 e, j) }5 D8 X2 C
  D first person point of view# w# w' Z, a' ?+ Y1 v2 ~$ j
  答案:
9 e% f3 [. j* Q" [3 K/ Y1 l  1. 选C。亨利.詹姆斯(Henry James)的作品属于“世态小说”(novels of manners)。
8 D  N  \& j8 [, K7 ^6 w4 U  2. 选D。亨利.詹姆斯(Henry James)的作品的基本主题是:纯真而粗俗的美国人和虚伪但有教养的欧洲人之间的矛盾与对比;物质与精神的矛盾和人生的道德选择;现实生活同艺术的矛盾以及艺术家的孤独。更多信息: t" W6 l6 |# F3 u" L
  3. 选A。亨利.詹姆斯(Henry James)在长期的艺术实践中发现和使用了不少新的小说技巧,其中最大的贡献是“叙事视角”(point of view)和“多视角叙事”(multiple point of view)。+ n; L7 m" {. ?
  4. 选D。豪威尔斯(William Dean Howell)在美国文学史上的作用在于为现实主义文学提出了一系列的理论原则和指导方针,这些理论和观点集中在他的论文集《批评与小说》(Criticism and Fiction)中。
& T8 o; R8 t0 {+ h  5. 选C。庞德(Ezra Pound)是美国诗歌革命的重要代表,他曾创立意象派(imagism)诗歌,虽然后来脱离意象派,但他的诗歌理论冲击了陈旧的诗歌传统,为美国诗歌的发展开辟了道路。
! j8 V: W1 {( q5 n- v6 }' c) b+ l  6. 选B。菲茨杰拉德(F. Scott Fitzgerald)是典型的迷惘一代作家,他的小说真实地反映了爵士时代上层社会人们醉生梦死的空虚精神面貌。
9 f- a4 _5 f! L  7. 选C。《八月之光》(Light in August)是威廉.福克纳(William Faulkner)的小说。
) d% j+ p- n: ?/ \  8. 选A。《太阳照样升起》(The Sun Also Rises)反映大战后再欧洲彷徨游荡的美国青年绝望和幻灭的情绪。《永别了武器》(A Farewell to Arms)表现战争如何粉碎人们的理想和生活。《丧钟为谁而鸣》(For Whom the Bell Tolls)描写的是西班牙内战。《老人与海》(The Old Man and the Sea)则体现了海明威推崇的在失败中保持尊严从而取得精神胜利的原则。8 q$ v1 x+ z$ G
  9. 选D。奥尼尔的戏剧创作随着实践的推移不断实践创新,他的后期剧作最终达到完美的境界。
! {3 l, A9 M) Z' R% b
  D# Q" c0 @* ]2 |5 u* H) Q  10.选C。福克纳(Faulkner)以他的出色技巧和试验手法获得世人的称赞,除了意识流的技巧,他的作品还大量采用多视角叙述(multiple points of view)、象征、隐喻等手法,运用这种扑朔迷离,纷乱复杂的文体表明世间实物和人心的复杂性。
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-14 11:42:12 | 显示全部楼层

英语专业八级人文知识精讲NO.39

</p>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-18 20:12 , Processed in 0.154026 second(s), 23 queries .