立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 62|回复: 0

[人文知识] 专八考前冲刺辅导:人文知识训练(十一)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 11:42:11 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  1 The two areas in Britain where a lot of immigrants live are _____.; \$ `' n) w$ E. l' u4 w% F
  A London and Cambridge
6 d3 j) V1 Z; U" i' z' E  B London and heart of England! a& R: `4 M$ v8 E( G  e% r: U
  C Manchester and Birmingham2 f3 e; |# }$ X. E& x5 V
  D Edinburgh and Nottingham
- W' W# J' V2 F  2 The flag of the United Kingdom, known as the Union Jack, is made up of _____ crosses.
2 x- J0 g0 m: a9 d  A one B two C three D four6 S, x" \4 ]$ ~4 ]3 \5 e" H2 m& ^
  3 Which flower is symbol of England?
' K( ~! }/ E# Y& G  A Thistle B Shamrock C Daffodil D Rose
7 P$ Y% v) q* K! h3 p: h0 w  4 _____ was the home of the Lake Poets William Wordsworth, Samuel Taylor, Coleridge and Robert Southey of 19th century Britain." P: |/ ~/ r6 q
  A Lough Neagh B Windermere C Lake District D Coniston Water
, g4 p+ t1 }: T  5 The first known settlers of Britain were the _____.7 g8 G1 [' V* D) p6 j+ L9 Y  L
  A Iberians B Beaker Folk C Celts D Anglo-Saxons! O5 u! M  z0 o& Q; ?
  6 Who invaded and conquered Britain for the first time in 55 BC?" Y1 z( g8 z, r$ \
  A Emperor Claudius B King Alfred C King Ethelred D Julius Caesar
: k  Z4 v* q4 T0 |' S  h  7 Which one is not the reason for the very limited influence of Roman to Britain?! m; I2 C, K7 m& I& C/ b8 u; p7 e
  A The Romans always treated the Britons as a subject people of slave class.; s+ d+ c8 q5 C: ?! p
  B The Romans and Britons never intermarry during the 4 centuries
) i0 D3 S3 ^; T) N  C The Romans didn’t like the Britons.
* f1 O( [, q- J, L9 T  k  D The Romans had no impact on the language or culture of ordinary Britons.+ D8 x3 k; X7 k) U3 h1 \- T* g
  8 The Hundred Years’ war with France ended by the English being driven out of France. By 1453 _____ was the only part of France that was still in the hands of the English.
. o* Q  ^2 F0 g0 M  A Dover B Calais C Southampton D Portsmouth" s( E7 K+ X! L1 r: Z
  9 Which war had little effect on ordinary people but gave a death blow to feudalism?+ B$ @& K) x: y: y0 }# Q9 z$ i
  A The Wars of the Roses B The Hundred Years’ War
, y( t0 c. z* v2 }  C The English Civil War D World War I+ i4 X: ]2 u9 Y3 h
  10 The English Civil War, also called the Puritan Revolution, is generally regarded as the beginning of modern ____ history.
/ Y, x5 X5 ?; G  A European B Scottish C Welsh D world# S' i( v' c9 H6 M/ R1 V
  练习题答案及题解:& J0 p7 N5 P% n3 p6 l
  1 B, 现在,英国移民主要集中在伦敦及英格兰心脏地带的一些城市和城镇,诸如 Slough, Leicester, Wolverhampton, Birmingham, Luton, Bradford, Coventry, Bedford 和Reading等等。
4 t7 B  B( m4 F( r9 L: s  2 C, 英国国旗为红白蓝三色的米字旗(也叫“Union Jack”),是由三个十字组成。
6 \, X. L% ?/ X  3 D, A,蓟是苏格兰的象征,用作苏格兰的国徽;B,三叶苜蓿花为爱尔兰的国花;C,黄水仙花是威尔士的国花;D,玫瑰则是英格兰的国花。
4 R9 V' s- N# r4 `" x6 ~  4 C, 位于英格兰西北部和威尔士北部的湖区是英国著名的风景区之一,也是英国十九世纪湖畔诗人聚居的地方。
3 @; r4 i" J' S" i  5 A, 最早来英国定居的是伊比利亚人。大约在公元前3000年左右,也就是新石器时代,他们从伊比利亚半岛(即今天的西班牙)来到英国。
) m% i* v, {' K3 k2 N0 H& _  6 D, 英国的历史是从罗马人的入侵开始的。恺撒,这位伟大的罗马将军,在公元前55年第一次带兵入侵并征服了英国。; h1 w+ f- ]3 v: P% M* a& `+ [
  7 C, 尽管罗马人征服了英国,但是罗马文化对英国的影响十分有限。这主要是因为:罗马人一直把英国人看作是社会地位相当于奴隶的被降伏的民族;在长达四个世纪的时间里从来没有罗马人跟英国人通婚;罗马人对英国平民阶层的语言和文化没有任何影响。+ {" b; y! v# O# w
  8 B, 英法之间的百年战争以英国人被赶出法国而告终。到1453年战争结束时,只有法国北部的加莱港还在英国人手里。
+ u2 ?, l- V+ d8 s' \  9 A, 尽管玫瑰战争持续了30年,但对老百姓的生活几乎没什么影响,反倒使英国的封建主义受到致命打击,贵族阶层受到了削弱。
( N+ M6 J0 x: w$ r8 G) d  10 D, 英国内战也叫“清教徒革命”,这是因为反对国王的人大部分是那些清教徒。英国内战不仅推翻了英国的封建制度,也动摇了欧洲封建统治的基础。所以,从这个角度讲,英国内战通常被看作现代世界史的开端。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 02:11 , Processed in 0.433198 second(s), 21 queries .