只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 200|回复: 1

[考试试题] 2000年专业英语八级考试真题(1)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 11:54:21 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  听力6 o0 x1 h7 o% X- Z$ a
  Part Ⅰ Listening Comprehension (40 min)
7 t$ K+ d" J. F+ d  In Sections A, B and C you will hear everything ONCE ONLY. Listen carefully and then answer the questions that follow. Mark the correct answer to each ques tion on your Coloured Answer Sheet.
8 _0 f# i: R. c2 \+ j5 w  SECTION A TALK* n: `% r, o3 B" w0 o% l( s
  Questions 1 to 5 refer to the talk in this section .At the end of the talk you w ill be given 15 seconds to answer each of the following five questions. Now list en to the talk. ( c( {) l# x( q0 K; ~6 x
  1. The rules for the first private library in the US were drawn up by ___.- ?  ]2 r  ?4 s
  A. the legislature B. the librarian C. John Harvard D. the faculty members! S8 h. c/ U- k, ?: b  k5 W" j
  2. The earliest public library was also called a subscription library bec ause books ___.: L6 a( F7 d6 V
  A. could be lent to everyone. U7 e+ W4 F+ u! w
  B. could be lent by book stores
7 h  F/ H1 \+ k  C. were lent to students and the faculty
( b" o: {8 J+ m; }* e- I4 g  D. were lent on a membership basis' x* S7 a$ H# \, k
  3. Which of the following is NOT stated as one of the purposes of free pu blic libraries?
; J) f, b9 d; S3 Q# ?: \: a( r  A. To provide readers with comfortable reading rooms.6 i& }6 W* R& ^
  B. To provide adults with opportunities of further education.
! B" x+ |6 N: Y8 F  C. To serve the community’s cultural and recreational needs.
2 U& u, F! f9 m9 g: g% B1 |& |  D. To supply technical literature on specialized subjects.
0 l0 C* F" a( p" F1 C( G% \+ f  l9 p  4. The major difference between modem private and public libraries lies i n ___.
1 @* L4 O7 v5 v# a$ d/ m  A. readership B. content C. service D.function
% d! F2 H+ y) z6 X: g- u  5. The main purpose of the talk is ___.
5 o9 Y4 K% G2 `1 o3 t2 B. V  A. to introduce categories of books in US libraries* \! R9 i) b" n, o( g
  B. to demonstrate the importance of US libraries
* a- e6 m- O6 `  C. to explain the roles of different US libraries) D+ {9 P" c0 y; K, o
  D. to define the circulation system of US libraries2 V8 t7 s7 v- G4 c+ [
  SECTION B INTERVIEW  q0 w$ p: k3 }( q
  Questions 6 to 10 are based on an interview. At the end of the interview you wil l be given 15 seconds to answer each of the following five questions. Now listen to the interview.
. C3 S, Q: q0 `+ m  6. Nancy became a taxi driver because ___.
2 ~% U+ u# _4 {, _1 r' u: |" p  A. she owned a car
  F7 d' h7 f  V+ F% J4 P4 q* W  B. she drove well8 ]0 I) X( u* L5 d
  C. she liked drivers’ uniforms! m6 Z7 A  p0 C& P4 Z
  D. it was her childhood dream
8 D) B+ h$ a1 J3 I6 v; L  e  7. According to her, what was the most difficult about becoming a taxi dr iver?6 l- m8 S4 Q; ~  Y$ U
  A. The right sense of direction.
, Z4 n! v1 F: {3 i6 y- q! i  B. The sense of judgment.5 y1 Z. @- Q$ \0 P3 ]& \- Z
  C. The skill of maneuvering.$ b3 K: t8 _' c: l
  D. The size of vehicles.
+ U2 r; Z' |* J. \# f3 h; O  8. What does Nancy like best about her job?
/ Z3 x  N( X: q8 l) Q  A. Seeing interesting buildings in the city.
( k* Z% A3 Q) |' B# W3 }  B. Being able to enjoy the world of nature.! R% q/ p9 Z0 F, @- f
  C. Driving in unsettled weather.
/ f! h: D9 S0 z% d9 ~* r3 d$ [  D. Taking long drives outside the city., H! L3 H+ r5 Z. `' T: ~/ l  h
  9. It can be inferred from the interview that Nancy in a(n) ___ moth er.
" _( U9 X/ y( v( o" i  A. uncaring B. strict C. affectionate D. perm issive
4 u( V7 g+ x, T' g  10. The people Nancy meets are
9 K$ `$ Y: T0 T8 B+ O+ `+ |  A. rather difficult to please
% q' J: t  w5 N) N  B. rude to women drivers
3 [. y- ^/ l% i" ?& n% N  C. talkative and generous with tips. M' M! V$ B4 E' \( e- e3 G
  D. different in personality
: s' \& p: V9 T% o0 ?5 j1 C& j7 g% p  SECTION C NEWS BROADCAST
6 n+ z4 b# E% Z6 M  Question 11 is based on the following news. At the end of the news item, you wil l be given 15 seconds to answer the question. Now listen to the news.
  h" s; B1 e; V' q- @5 R7 M  11. The primary purpose of the US anti-smoking legislation is ___.
+ H5 Y; j+ h+ U( c- x) [0 }  A. to tighten control on tobacco advertising4 A9 k0 T, R9 s; ^6 G  v
  B. to impose penalties on tobacco companies
9 x; `! k' v2 ~+ \6 S& Z; }2 z  C. to start a national anti-smoking campaign
, r' [+ N' f9 A. _  D. to ensure the health of American children. Q7 X; ~: x$ `$ j
  Questions 12 and 13 are based on the following news. At the end of the news item , you will be given 30 seconds to answer the questions. Now listen to the news.* Z: S" j, f8 j5 l; K: o, }
  12. The French President’s visit to Japan aims at ___.
% F' G- @4 [- E8 P' }7 C  A. making more investments in Japan
0 {) x# u) W8 ~; X" H2 W& e& a; S  B. stimulating Japanese businesses in France
6 d, p1 i; v7 r& ?' j  C. helping boost the Japanese economy$ Y6 G' [! r# L  X! `
  D. launching a film festival in Japan
8 r4 K  Q8 _! n5 L  13. This is Jacques Chirac’s ___ visit to Japan.- S5 k. i$ V# W" z! x: ~6 K0 B
  A. second B. fourteenth C. fortieth D. forty-first
( Z: O5 R6 s0 A  Questions 14 and 15 are based on the following news. At the end of the news item , you will be given 30 seconds to answer the questions. Now listen to the news.
& `4 Y% l- M2 t  ^: C) w- r; q/ [6 F- i/ e( i
  14. Afghan people are suffering from starvation because ___.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-14 11:54:22 | 显示全部楼层

2000年专业英语八级考试真题(1)

</p>  A. melting snow begins to block the mountain paths
$ r* ]4 `6 m5 b0 s  B. the Taliban have destroyed existing food stocks( v! `7 \  D, O$ ^1 i
  C. the Taliban are hindering food deliveries
/ P8 _0 u% g/ k3 g) z: i5 W  D. an emergency air-lift of food was cancelled' m$ v( I2 Y; T
  15. people in Afghanistan are facing starvation.
8 e6 I! T1 r9 ^# t8 \8 q  A. 160,000 B. 16,000 C. 1,000,000 D. 100 ,000
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-22 07:06 , Processed in 0.246450 second(s), 23 queries .