QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 141|回复: 1

[考试试题] 2001年专业英语八级考试真题(1)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 11:54:21 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  Part Ⅰ Listening Comprehension  (40  min); ?3 \4 X+ O0 Q) a
  In Sections A, B and C you will hear everything ONCE ONLY. Listen carefully a nd then answer the questions that follow. Mark the correct response to each ques tion on your Coloured Answer Sheet.* V% T! Y9 U/ H: ~! P/ a
  SECTION A TALK
# X% }' N$ n9 f* U% n  Questions 1 to 5 refer to the talk in this section. At the end of the talk you w ill be given 15 seconds to answer each of the following five questions. Now list en to the talk.. j9 [4 _; [+ k! m
  1. Changes in the size of the World Bank’ s operations refer to ___.- @7 Y: _8 X! P  @9 c; W+ i4 U( C2 `
  A. the expansion of its loan programme5 I$ L3 a# a+ v/ @) m
  B. the inclusion of its hard loans5 _/ h/ c( r2 @( m( U7 _$ d4 [& K
  C. the inclusion of its soft loans 
; v8 b0 m( M+ y3 L+ P2 A  D. the previous lending policies
/ e# {. h0 I# E/ P, e7 x  2. What actually made the Bank change its overall lending strategy?6 e: }! e2 V8 u  P( D8 [" A- U9 E3 I
  A. Reluctance of people in poor countries to have small families.
! M% m- M% _! |  B. Lack of basic health services and inequality in income distribution.
+ X0 f" x* j$ G7 ^  C. The discovery that a low fertility rate would lead to economic development.1 }2 g2 ^3 e/ \3 I
  D. Poor nutrition and low literacy in many poor countries of the world.
! \+ R& q/ g2 Q$ X  3. The change in emphasis of the Bank’s lending policies meant that the Bank would ___., P- A0 t1 T$ W+ I/ K
  A. be more involved in big infrastructure projects
% {- b9 M! J! f  B. adopt similar investment strategies in poor and rich countries
* F& W/ s+ H! X# R9 [9 u9 P2 ~  C. embark upon a review of the investment in huge dams and steel mills' E, I6 u6 w9 `8 D& h& ~
  D.invest in projects that would benefit the low-income sector of society
. n% N3 q% W/ P8 ^5 q  4. Which of the following is NOT a criticism of the bank?$ f: y5 T* i" [4 [% m0 u
  A. Colossal travel expenses of its staff. 
" I  C- x" D( z0 {1 b+ j% u  B. Fixed annual loans to certain countries.; x2 x5 D- U% T% W" U# a/ f
  C. Limited impact of the Bank’s projects. ) l& @# Q4 s& q2 Z
  D. Role as a financial deal maker.
7 m+ {# N1 \4 l+ v7 I  5. Throughout the talk, the speaker is ___ while introducing the Wor ld Bank.
2 P# w- n, u  S& X8 U4 I/ k6 ~  A. biased
* |7 i0 y. o/ S+ D% H% B  B. unfriendly' m! t$ e0 z2 W( Z: b# ^5 o
  C. objective8 S( [8 F9 {5 Q5 e# r) }
  D. sensational6 L: ~5 C8 L3 j
  6 E# n: n' _: ?1 B& \4 ]( u
  SECTION B CONVERSATION6 G, ?. g/ F5 r: Q1 C7 q& u( `
  Questions 6 to 10 are based on a conversation. At the end of the conversation yo u will be given 15 seconds to answer the question. Now listen to the conversatio n.
1 g3 |) @, u" W/ ~% F8 W8 k  6. The man sounds surprised at the fact that ___.. M/ l; |+ v4 V/ T5 o0 o/ G1 H
  A. many Australians are taking time off to travel: w& z+ j! V3 D+ z2 Y
  B. the woman worked for some time in New Zealand1 V% X3 f# @3 p9 e0 v0 X3 a
  C. the woman raised enough money for travel- n5 a) O0 P; q; B2 ~, ~
  D. Australians prefer to work in New Zealand
2 x  c* q; Y7 u" [1 \; v, H  G( N  7. We learn that the woman liked Singapore mainly because of its  ___.
7 ^' |1 m3 M2 F5 c  A. cleanness" R: W& b) r3 X% b6 g- ?
  B. multi-ethnicity
: p  w9 Y% U( D& K6 P" t8 X- R  C. modern characteristics
4 Q3 V: K$ _) X5 s" Y  D. shopping opportunities
. y0 j1 n3 O4 K6 [. d9 ^  8. From the conversation we can infer that Kaifeng and Yinchuan impressed the woman with their ___
+ q. W% ^+ i5 T  A. respective locations
7 L( U+ B" t5 B/ E' v3 z  B. historic interests     
; ^! g+ Q0 Z3 ~+ C2 {  C. ancient tombs
: ?$ `, T/ v' ]( b/ l+ I  R" i) E6 K4 }( Q4 N4 a' k/ Q
  D. Jewish descendants
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-14 11:54:22 | 显示全部楼层

2001年专业英语八级考试真题(1)

</p>  9. Which of the following words can best describe the woman’s feelings a bout Tibet?2 ?2 H6 d3 D1 @# ]2 a6 D
  A. Amusement.
; a; ]% S1 K& y9 _$ I  B. Disbelief.
% T" v$ ~/ n! ~3 x3 n) i( l- \  C. Ecstasy.
( ?6 ^6 \( h# G0 |6 \) {) J; q  D. Delig ht
8 C, B4 ~6 D. y" F( k( J7 g  10. According to the conversation, it was___that made the woman ready to stop traveling.5 ^+ {) t. O2 V% C
  A. the unsettledness of travel2 g  _0 {9 r9 c9 u7 b4 s; x
  B. the difficulties of trekking% `# X1 w" S7 Q  y$ u' Q! z& Z& p
  C. the loneliness of travel
% O* E1 X* o- B' a9 _  D. the unfamiliar environment
' j0 V; T" F& Y6 P+ ~  SECTION C NEWS BROADCAST
/ V: l) i$ Q' P( b4 P4 N7 }  Questions 11 and 12 are based on the following news. At the end of the news item , you will be given 30 seconds to answer the questions. Now listen to the news.
/ }. {+ P9 K) k: B- ?! m9 z  11. Mike Tyson was put in prison last August because he  ___.
1 f1 N/ r! q9 _# ?7 s# e  A. violated the traffic law
/ u8 e$ R3 h8 D4 _  B. illegally attacked a boxer
  i6 k3 B$ h4 W+ i; H6 \  k  C. attacked sb. after a traffic accident
4 r) z! x  c+ e0 e- C; |: d3 I4 i1 t4 {  D. failed to finish his contract8 g$ D; Y' M3 M6 Q4 r
  12. The license granted to Tyson to fight will be terminated ___.; s; u+ q/ m  N
  A. by the end of the year
5 ~+ l& E' L8 G- Z  B. in over a year
3 ^" ]& ^6 A: I1 ?$ M  C. in August9 W/ C0 M  ~, R; A: r% z* p
  D. in a few weeks
2 E2 y' r- I1 V' J0 T! r% i  Question 13 is based on the following news. At the end of the news item, you wil l be given 15 seconds to answer the question. Now listen to the news.' t. m6 z5 `' P# V- `% [
  13. The Russian documents are expected to draw great attention because  ___.
% p. O  u* o" P; i! {  A. they cover the whole story of the former US president
: Y! j- o! c0 U. M" m- j  B. the assassin used to live in the former Soviet Union
- _% a# H% k2 l( J  C. they are the only official documents released about Kennedy4 @# c1 v' L+ _1 g
  D. they solved the mystery surrounding Kennedy’s assassination2 b) Q; r& a. j# C; d
  Question 14 and 15 are based on the following news. At the end of the news item,
& ?; m: ^! T5 p* n  you will be   given 30 seconds to answer the questions. New listen to the news.- e: x; o# ]$ o) n
  14. In the recent three months, Hong Kong’s unemployment rate has ___.9 E  }+ Q$ d# k. J- V% q& i2 k6 Y. C
  A. increased slowly" I9 f% y0 D; J: E
  B. decreased gradually5 O+ Z( V9 g2 |! Z& l) _1 A
  C. stayed steady
' ]- t1 I1 M  ~( Y$ f2 G2 O% j  D. become unpredictable
7 |+ i8 x* J( [1 n6 X8 s  15. According to the news, which of the following statements is TRUE?7 x  I/ q0 W5 A4 W* w+ Q. Z! J1 }3 ~6 w
  A. Business conditions have worsened in the past three months.5 m- z) Q  P- q2 {
  B. The past three months have seen a declining trend in job offers.
0 q  T$ ^6 z% T& P  C. The rise of unemployment rate in some sectors equals the fall in others.
# O# D+ |7 ]! v& @8 o  D. The unemployment rate in all sectors of the economy remains unchanged.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-21 19:00 , Processed in 0.210776 second(s), 23 queries .