查看: 82|回复: 0

[考试试题] 2003年专业英语八级考试真题(5)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 11:54:21 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  ANSWER SHEET TWO
0 s! |4 z' f& ?4 m  TEST FOR ENGLISH MAJORS [2003]
' L0 V+ t6 m  |  f& y; p  -GRADE EIGIHT-5 \5 d9 D! F3 V/ \: q
  PART II PROOFREADING & ERROR CORRECTION (15 MIN)8 b9 l7 k1 ]6 U
  The passage contains TEN errors. Each indicated line contains a maximum of ONE error. In each case, only ONE word is involved You should proof, read the passage and correct it in the following way:
9 M0 q& E1 l0 Z, C- d; t  For a wrong word, underline the wrong word and write the correct one in the blank pro-vided at the end of the line.; s4 |: U9 X: _8 s- V, i* K
  For a missing word, mark the position of the missing word with a "^" sign and write the word you believe to be missing in the blank provided at the end of the line." O7 }5 A" e8 N/ m
  For an unnecessary word, cross the unnecessary word with a slash "/" and put the word in the blank provided at the end of the line.
  N' j4 a" l: r5 k5 \! f' o. A9 ^  EXAMPLE
/ ?: c" O& `! e( C  When ^ art museum wants a new exhibit, it never buys things in finished form and hangs them on the wall. When a natural history museum wants an exhibition, it must often build it.
2 i  n2 C% O7 D4 f, Y7 L  Demographic indicators show that Americans in the postwar  p! n8 R8 w0 n/ X$ v  n5 A
  period were more eager than ever to establish families. They quickly, ]. _5 s- F& P1 B5 o: @! }
  brought down the age at marriage for both men and women and brought
7 K5 D: V+ Y- e$ ~. W" Z( q  z% Y+ a  the birth rate to a twentieth century height after more than a hundred (1)__
* \8 J" w5 F4 z! D3 a* D  years of a steady decline, producing the “baby boom.” These young (2)__* s& i. L! r# F, e7 H% S; a
  adults established a trend of early marriage and relatively large
7 D4 L; w' s% x5 g  families that Went for more than two decades and caused a major (3)__: \* b/ _+ B) I
  but temporary reversal of long-term demographic patterns. From- v2 V' F2 E/ `* G* }- r5 o
  the 1940S through the early 1960s, Americans married at a high rate (4)__
2 ], y4 M8 w7 t, Y* }9 Y  and at a younger age than their Europe counterparts.(5)__
7 ^5 [) ?9 \3 ?  Less noted but equally more significant, the men and women on who (6)__% K+ |$ e+ ?6 X# o7 T  s
  formed families between 1940 and 1960 nevertheless reduced the (7)__% i3 A7 O. S/ O6 K! H
  divorce rate after a postwar peak; their marriages remained intact to0 w6 L5 R. C7 r0 B" L
  a greater extent than did that of couples who married in earlier as well (8)__1 X2 P: B+ D* p( V; f; Q
  as later decades. Since the United States maintained its dubious (9)__$ A* e( G; f& K" D6 F1 ]
  distinction of having the highest divorce rate in the world, the
) B' [- j1 U. z: ?* Z2 q2 M  temporary decline in divorce did not occur in the same extent in (10)__$ E7 n1 |9 b8 I+ l+ e: r
  Europe. Contrary to fears of the experts, the role of breadwinner and$ P7 H% [- l' T+ L" C
  homemaker was not abandoned.- e+ e# B3 c& y  V
  TEST FOR ENGLISH MAJORS (2003)$ e1 K" b; k# c5 T/ a3 Z9 _
  -GRADE EIGHT
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-21 21:58 , Processed in 0.361352 second(s), 21 queries .