扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 141|回复: 1

[考试试题] 2001年英语专业八级考试答案及解析(1)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 11:54:21 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  听力原文5 X0 w/ i0 w  p/ X
  PART Ⅰ LISTENING COMPREHENSION
, E% d0 s& W1 t; C4 @  SECTION A TALK
, ^9 g5 Z$ p# a, k( m; y* F* h9 r' S  The World Bank is one of the major channels through which development aid i s passed from industrial west to the poor and developing nations of the world. I ts scale of operations is vast, which is why its lending program exceeds 7 billi on a year, and its work force numbers about 4500. In the last decade important c hanges have taken place in the size of the bank’s operations and in the emphasi s of its lending policies. What immediately strikes anyone looking at the lending figures over the last 10 years is the tremendous expansion in the bank’s loan p rogram. This has increased from 1 billion to nearly 7 billion. The figure includ es hard loans, which are made at the current rate of interest, and soft loans, w hich are allocated to poor countries at concessionary rates, and usually channel led through the bank’s affiliate—the International Development Association.
. {: ~4 C0 \7 i0 F" d# s9 S* K  In deciding the emphasis of its lending policy, the bank has had to take i nto account the population explosion which is occuring in many poor countries of the world. It is a fact that the fertility rate of the poor countries is often very high. This is one of the main reasons for these countries remaining poor. U nfortunately, wide-ranging country section programs do not usually reduce this r ate because this was a strong and deeply rooted tradition among people in these countries to have big families. What the bank discovered was that there was a li nk between economic and social development on the one hand, and reduction of fer tility rate on the other. Thus by improving basic health services, by introducin g better nutrition, by increasing literacy, and by promoting more even income di stribution in a poor country, a lower and more acceptable fertility rate will be achieved. This advanced thinking persuaded the bank to change its overall lend ing strategy,(略,内容不完整,给你带来的困扰请见谅.). `) F/ ^7 y2 X  p1 S
  PAPER ONE: P/ D' G. _5 z' g; h/ B
  PART Ⅰ LISTENING COMPREHENSION
, ]4 K9 i0 U5 z( `! A( \& s  SECTION A TALK) F* ]0 f- c/ E9 C! l8 Q9 X. d
  1.答案:A- h! b4 o, \$ {' u2 {
  【问句译文】世界银行运行系统变大系统的变化指的是什么?+ y! [0 Z# M" r9 f
  【试题分析】本题为细节题。  O3 N! Y' R" [3 a
  【详细解答】解答本题的关键句是“What immediately strikes anyone looking at the len ding figures over the last 10 years is the tremendous expansion in the bank’s lo an program.”由此可知,选项A为正确答案。1 E, K. `. q, O% [
  2.答案:C
; d& Y- r) ]# y; _  【问句译文】是什么使得银行改变其借贷政策?
7 y0 w* p; `" b" g( F- q  【试题分析】本题为细节题。$ n! _$ ^- d3 O8 n1 f5 }! a
  【详细解答】录音在提及银行借贷政策的改变时说“Thus by improving basic health servi ces, by introducing better nutrition, by increasing literacy, and by promoting m ore even income distribution in a poor country, a lower and more acceptable fert ility rate will be achieved. This advancing thinking persuaded the bank to chang e its overall lending strategy.”这里提到了一些改变贫穷国家现状的措施,由“a lower and more acceptable”可知,从根本上促使政策改革的原因应为选项C。# C! c! y. F8 P# b! O, p
  3.答案:D
# p4 G  n9 P. \$ A/ K( i1 a  【问句译文】银行借贷政策重点的变化意味者银行将会怎样?
/ ?$ c$ c8 j# }! T' o1 _* v& @( u% E  【试题分析】本题为细节题。
8 K; Z! E) G  a1 q, }6 V  【详细解答】在提到投资对象时,谈话者说“Many of its major capital investment had s carcely touched the lives of urban and rural poor, nor have they created much em ployment.”因此银行决定加大对劳动密集型活动的援助,故答案选D。: O9 H& |) N# R5 P( d6 ~- \
  4.答案:D1 p0 R) C+ @+ |" R) @- g+ S
  【问句译文】下列哪一项不是对银行的批评?: ^) `; g+ w# o" E2 K4 ]# \; T
  【试题分析】本题为细节题。7 [& j0 H5 U2 a& _6 j. i4 `: s" T" T4 |
  【详细解答】谈话者说“…the bank should begin to think of itself less as a foreign aid agency and more of financial deal-maker,…”即世界银行应该作为财政的决策者 ,这一点应得到肯定,而不是批评,故选项D为正确答案。) w' O' N# x8 j) `* E
  5.答案:C
& r! n  [% M/ v. O: X  【问句译文】在整个谈话中,作者在介绍世界银行时是什么态度?
$ ]  ]: |# Z! X4 b* T9 \  【试题分析】本题为推理题。
9 A' K2 ~+ g0 t* h) O$ r+ w  【详细解答】谈话者对世界银行的职能、现状、改进作了客观评论,并未表达出自己的个人感 情。因此选项C“客观的”为正确答案。5 T% ^9 j& o( I) J- \
  SECTION B CONVERSATION0 a- H9 }$ M+ y4 D! l4 K4 J/ S
  6.答案:B
* F0 |, c6 ?0 ?- b' O: k  【问句译文】男士对什么事实感到吃惊?
* T1 k- k8 P  x! [1 J% _  【试题分析】本题为细节题。3 ?3 _# n& G3 q; H/ K+ d
, Z. _! a* b" e# M  u
  【详细解答】当女士说她在新西兰找了一份在计算机公司做秘书的工作时,男士说“Really? You can do that, can you? I mean it’s possible for anyone to get a job in New Ze aland, without being a New Zealander?”不是新西兰本土人也可以找到一份工作,因此 他感到惊奇,故选项B为正确答案。
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-14 11:54:22 | 显示全部楼层

2001年英语专业八级考试答案及解析(1)

</p>  7.答案:D9 u9 t) b% c6 n1 _9 Z, j
  【问句译文】那位女土喜欢新加坡的主要原因是什么?
+ R. t8 A0 E6 y' E$ t; t2 v  【试题分析】本题为细节题。
1 I0 `8 `" Y0 {  【详细解答】当男士提出由于新加坡过于的现代化,所以人们觉得它很乏味,接着他问女士的 感受。女士回答说:“And it’s a great big shopping center and I really enjoy it f rom that point of view.”由此可知吸引女士的是购物机遇,故答案选D。
5 f7 a! @9 f* x. c4 B  8.答案:B4 E2 Y% l0 A3 X+ b
  【问句译文】从对话中我们可得知开封和银川留给这位女士的怎样印象?
+ e4 G9 R# j+ \3 {& f# c. X1 }  【试题分析】本题为概括题。
' X1 q2 `' o8 ^/ b+ B3 P  【详细解答】对话中提到了开封和银川的地理位置,犹太人的后代,古老的宝塔,归纳起来便 是历史情趣吸引了她,答案选B。
9 G2 \6 T! {8 k. @) ^3 ]  h  9.答案:C4 d/ Y4 {0 K- K8 P- q. P
  【问句译文】下列哪一项最能形容女士对西藏的感受?
6 ^; o+ h# \  ^9 e. ?) e  {  【试题分析】本题为推理题。
' D2 S$ X5 e  m% Q6 p' J, [. j, M  【详细解答】当男士问到她游历过的最有趣的地方时,女士回答说“I think actually Tibet is the most fascinating and exciting. I’ve never been anywhere so different.” ,由此可知,选项C“狂喜”最能体现她的感受。
; K  a' B# n8 N0 ^% v/ w  10.答案:A' z% J/ {: [( g
  【问句译文】根据谈话内容,是什么使得她暂停了旅行?# o3 n8 c6 b1 g3 D6 Q2 p9 Q# _
  【试题分析】本题为概括题。1 }7 M0 w& M/ W
  【详细解答】在谈到准备暂停旅行时,女士说“You get pretty sick, wearing the same cl othes, and washing them in the different hotels. I never stay in the same place for longer than two days.”穿着同样的衣服,在不同的旅馆里去洗它们使她感到厌烦, 在同一个地方呆的时间从没有超过两天,由此可推知:她想停下居无定所的生活,故答案选 A。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-22 00:33 , Processed in 0.335190 second(s), 23 queries .