QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 114|回复: 1

[考试试题] 1999年 专业英语八级考试真题(1)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 11:54:21 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  Part Ⅰ Listening Comprehension (40 min)- d! E# M8 r: v$ ^
  In Sections A, B and C you will hear everything ONCE ONLY. Listen carefully and then answer the questions that follow. Mark the correct response to each question on your Coloured Answer Sheet.4 F  R* }: N/ j, c+ C0 ^
  SECTION A TALK0 P6 S/ R4 J$ K. g
  Questions 1 to 5 refer to the talk in this section. At the end of the talk you w ill be given 15 seconds to answer each of the following five questions. Now list en to the talk.; c8 x# {4 u& u6 X
  
; c. P  p1 B6 O  1. The technology to make machines quieter ___.  q  |0 Q3 L- M; v+ N4 v9 B3 C
  A. has been in use since the 1930’s9 L! O6 B- S; m, j
  B. has accelerated industrial production& o9 N  I. {) i6 u8 I
  C. has just been in commercial use* M! h- A9 j  S1 e3 c# O  d
  D. has been invented to remove all noises9 ^% I# ~2 u( A  |! o- v3 T3 l
  2. The modern electronic anti-noise devices ___.# y3 c9 n; U, |3 t7 {; H
  A. are an update version of the traditional methods' ?# B. x; Y. Q2 r! S! F7 g) J
  B. share similarities with the traditional methods
2 \' x$ u! F: V, n& y+ ~1 E& a  C. are as inefficient as the traditional methods
( `. N: ^2 V4 @# c. u8 D1 Y  D. are based on an entirely new working principle
' I# r# _6 a" E% p" @( q5 O( q  3. The French company is working on anti-noise techniques to be used in a ll EXCEPT ___.
3 Z! L" O3 S( k: k  A. streets
) e! ~+ o3 e% y/ J  B. factories: e+ v' D# w$ p% O
  C. aircraft# u! N# h' r  ], f  B( c
  D. cars* Y; D/ s! F  {- I- F
  4. According to the talk, workers in “zones of quiet” can ___.
0 P" `" y/ {) m; w# v) c3 d  A. be more affected by noise! u. O- X" p5 I: N. C
  B. hear talk from outside the zone1 n" ]5 X5 E6 j. R) K0 g
  C. work more efficiently, U) l& c/ e* u  H# |0 t
  D. be heard outside the zone" q- E: _; G0 I0 m2 l- r: Z
  5. The main theme of the talk is about ___.
7 H; L( X+ ^- i8 Y$ M& @  A. noise-control technology
  ~0 a8 G) s7 i  B. noise in factories
" M' d! A& }% ?7 I& O5 s/ V" x. t  C. noise-control regulations$ \, S- Z' y+ F9 l: ^; f
  D. noise-related effects) G1 a6 ~6 ^3 y: V( P) R
  SECTION B INTERVIEW
. B8 b- N$ t, l: W  Questions 6 to 10 are based on an interview. At the end of the interview you wil l be given 15 seconds to answer each of the following five questions. Now listen to the interview.; E! N$ @9 I$ G. g4 ^& _
  6. Employees in the US are paid for their time. This means that they are supposed to ___.! ~- r' `( c1 p% q8 Q1 a, n0 k& n% F
  A. work hard while their boss is around
7 ^: _( r, o/ L% X, X2 D  B. come to work when there is work to be done1 I$ j7 P# b, j) Z
  C. work with initiative and willingness8 U, o; i* |0 t, A% V4 a
  D. work through their lunch break. f8 y: H1 m! F4 J
  7. One of the advantages of flexible working hours is that ___.% @1 G* w. n' S# v1 c
  A. pressure from work can be reduced
2 J2 {2 \+ o( o/ W  B. working women can have more time at home( v1 |8 X' b5 R/ Z
  C. traffic and commuting problems can be solved
$ O- w- W3 D/ G9 c, R; H  D. personal relationships in offices can be improved" a4 i/ T1 s$ J0 ]. M9 H
  8. On the issue of working contracts in the US, which statement is NOT co rrect?
, K2 h8 C. D  o+ `0 ?" p$ R& L  A. Performance at work matters more than anything else.
2 c1 T5 _8 O* L5 q5 g1 P; Q5 A  B. There are laws protecting employees’ working rights.
2 d; M4 c: G9 A. m8 }: G  C. Good reasons must be provided in order to fire workers.
* s0 ?+ k2 [* Y0 ~. X2 ]$ N2 m  D. Working contracts in the US are mostly short-term ones.
2 x& u" x& B; p  }9 l( ?* C  9. We can be assumed from the interview that an informal atmosphere might be found in ___.' G( A/ U: |. }* e
  A. small firms
; D* {0 J& D9 S3 i; m: `9 R  B. major banks2 t4 s7 \3 r$ `* {# O8 A( b
  C. big corporations# C0 _! w1 T! J: z1 p
  D. law offices  c* F$ ~* r% f0 t- u
  10. The interview is mainly about ___ in the USA.# [' l9 u! c" `4 p* y  t, s
  A. office hierarchies
) D' V# E3 Q' U& S  S7 W. U' H' y  B. office conditions
; \8 g# f+ }- A& p6 H3 Q$ K; ?  C. office roles
" A( O5 t' r, Q$ J' ]' h  D. office life( }" P) W, L+ }
  SECTION C NEWS BROADCAST" Q# w, D! `1 `( K. D3 D& f. w
  Question 11 is based on the following news. At the end of the news item, you wil l be given 15 seconds to answer the question. Now listen to the news.
- a. Z9 U: m- Z. _! }' i0 j2 W  11. Senator Bob Dole’s attitude towards Clinton’s anti-crime policy is that of ___.
* e" K- \* J: y( ?  A. opposition
7 }& d! A$ w7 `  B. support2 U, Y' I, O& n; B. L( K
  C. ambiguity
" B! G( @- h( u( q  D . indifference- l- f! ?8 q+ \6 n* I
  Questions 12 and 13 are based on the following news. At the end of the news item , you will be given 30 seconds to answer the questions . Now listen to the news.
! k! t# Y+ |2 o( Y% z8 p- h  12. Japan and the United States are now ___./ }- J  j9 W4 s
  A. negotiating about photographic material+ z6 ]  P7 Q. o6 N; _6 N+ [* ?
  B. negotiating an automobile agreement& I  r* S6 x4 B9 j* {
  C. facing serious problems in trade- I% I. f9 w, K! o
  D. on the verge of a large-scale trade war3 @! V% i$ S9 c- J6 I6 o
  13. The news item seems to indicate that the agreement ___.! o* t8 x0 A! v5 p0 r4 p
  A. will end all other related trade conflicts
7 z* |  U2 a& R7 [" x4 s. w. ^  B. is unlikely to solve the dispute once and for all
; |2 |5 N% d* g( g) l/ f0 `# y7 e2 C5 \, S  C. is linked to other trade agreements
/ K0 r* R' L* {& b3 r- X. I  D. is the last of its kind to be reached
6 O/ u6 H6 \  e3 U  b! z4 L1 D  Questions 14 and 15 are based on the following news. At the end of the news item, you will be given 30 seconds to answer the questions . Now listen to the news.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-14 11:54:22 | 显示全部楼层

1999年 专业英语八级考试真题(1)

14. According to the news, the ice from Greenland provides information ab out ___." ?% w' V$ G3 A- m+ z
  A. oxygen* R' O. \9 J; R$ @7 F, a
  B. ancient weather
: ]; |9 R# y3 @. W/ L9 j  C. carbon dioxide1 Z& ]3 M; |9 U/ P" h
  D. temperature$ C6 m5 v9 ]5 Z' P  _- a" z
  15. Which of the following statements is CORRECT?
6 e$ o3 ?, x" ^) V  A. Drastic changes in the weather have been common since ancient times.0 v7 h6 j" j0 C( }( @
  B. The change in weather from very cold to very hot lasted over a century.
/ U- _& V5 d$ X  C. The scientists have been studying ice to forecast weather in the future.1 j2 c0 o! p" }
  D. The past 10,000 years have seen minor changes in the weather.2 M! _3 ~2 e2 e0 B- Y( w# ~
  SECTION D NOTE-TAKING AND GAP-FILLING
9 K# ^# e  G0 w: D- f  Fill in each of the gaps with ONE word. You may refer to your notes. Make sure the word you fill in is both grammatically and semantically acceptable.
; j0 q6 @; c. Z/ ^1 L7 E+ m0 p  At present companies and industries like to sponsor sports events. Two reasons are put forward to explain this phenomenon. The first reason is that they get (1)___ throughout the world. 1.___
; G9 [2 v0 W! \1 F0 g- U  The second reason is that companies and industries(2)___ money, 2.___ as they get reductions in the tax they owe if they sponsor sports or arts activities.& o  f/ c% Q( S) v9 P; o0 C
  As sponsorship is (3)___, careful thinking is required in deciding 3.___ which events to sponsor.
7 _; M3 E8 t( G  It is important that the event to be sponsored(4)___ the product(s) 4.___ to be promoted. That is, the right(5)___ and maximum product coverage 5.___ must be guaranteed in the event.* H/ l/ J1 g/ A" h% [
  Points to be considered in sports sponsorship. Popularity of the event
4 g+ s: {, G9 m7 v/ {. u  International sports events are big(6)___ events, which get extensive 6.___ coverage on TV and in the press.( Z2 }4 ~8 J; y  |
  Smaller events attract fewer people. Identification of the potential audience
% c1 O3 T' Z5 v/ j2 _  M1 Y  Aiming at the right audience is most important for smaller events.2 A% m8 Y) M4 {$ u% N1 u+ H
  The right audience would attract manufacturers of other related products like(7)___ , etc. 7.___ Advantages of sponsorship* g  k5 s* N' x
  Advantages are longer-term.
+ @3 G, X( P1 X1 u  People are expected to respond (8)___ to the products promoted. 8.___ And be more likely to buy them.
$ q& i  ?. r& H  t  Advertising is (9)___ the mind. 9.___
  h- x7 B' I* g8 u' c  U  Sponsorship is better than straight advertising: a)less(10) ___ 10.___
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-6 05:57 , Processed in 0.231929 second(s), 23 queries .