QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 118|回复: 0

[考试试题] 2012英语专业四级考试真题(文字版)4

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 11:54:21 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  PART IV GRAMMAR &VOCABULARY 【15 MIN】) \' @$ v& e' A" o
  There are thirty sentences in this section.Beneath each sentence there are four words, phrases or statements marked A,B, C and D.Choose one word, phrase or statement that best completes the sentence.Mark your answers on Answer Sheet Two.: g. u* P+ d: x+ W8 L9 K
  51.Which of the following sentences is INCORRECT?
- @6 P2 S* i6 d. K0 b" x  A.Twenty miles seems like a long walk to him.7 x. i4 @- n  E* ?
  B.No one except his supporters agree with him.
9 I$ I# w/ \$ o5 c  f  k2 q, o  C.Neither Julia nor I were going to the party.$ B" w1 z6 n; ~1 i& v( d! U
  D.Few students in my class are really lazy.% V* F7 V5 F: i3 ^1 S9 q+ t
  52.Which of the following determiners(限定词)can be placed before both singular count nouns and plural count nouns?
7 g: L* I9 [7 f* F# A  A.many a B.few C.such D.the next
1 H+ m! u+ D' ~; }/ M8 c! B! G  53.Which of the following reflexive pronouns(反身代词)is used as an appositive(同位语)?6 Y- _9 b& F. J4 x, @$ A
  A,He promised himself rapid progress.
& U) d- L4 _! g; E0 G8 e  B.The manager herself will interview Mary.
8 g8 b( S: J8 B2 p' x% M  C.I have nothing to say for myself.2 L/ `( S( }3 B* O) E: P6 r
  D.They quarreled themselves red in the face.  g9 a2 M7 ?2 W* ], c4 z+ ?; S
  54.My boss ordered that the legal documents ____ to him before lunch.
; C* ^" X" Q* e3 ~( W- t  A.be sent B.were sent C.were to be sent D.must be sent
: i2 s/ M' T) d* B6 E# }5 ]3 u6 h  55.Which of the following sentences expresses WILLINGNESS?
; y' D# k& U0 r  A.By now she will be eating dinner.+ b0 u# N( T& W. P. M6 N
  B.I shall never do that again.
: t$ X) N! m1 F  h3 U) {" B  C.My brother will help you with the luggage.1 H; A* r( e* b) W* O
  D.You shall get a promotion.
6 ?+ }6 _9 u# C3 G  56.Which of the following sentences is INCORRECT?
- z, `. i0 o# V  A.How strange feelings they are!/ _9 f7 z% k4 l" ^% B0 t
  B.How dare you speak to me like that!
) h  }+ i' l) B0 \! D; K  C.What noise they are making!; Q7 t) \, a  H1 u* Z
  D. What a mess we are in!0 }. C, u+ b6 o. P: U
  57.which of the italicized parts functions as a subject?
6 ]0 ]# d( u, C# ~5 r; g  A.We never doubt that her brother is honest.
) r- [0 n2 Y% U1 G5 [/ `- `1 j  B.The problem is not who will go but who will stay.' O4 c* K* e/ U5 a# z
  C.You must give it back to whoever it belongs to。6 [' y1 u' L) |
  D.It is clear that the crime was done deliberately.5 [" n* N. c( C! u7 @. v
  58.which of the italicized parts functions as an object?6 d# s& d' t6 p0 y. W  B& u
  A.He doesn’t like the idea of my speaking at the meeting.4 r; w' U# z/ }5 a# k  q2 E) l9 w: [3 T
  B.It is no use your pretending not to know the matter.
: j) k% q0 ?& {/ Y1 w  C.My parents strongly object to my going out alone at night.
7 O; g' J1 `( F: K" G% }/ n  D.Her falling into the river was the climax of the whole trip.
# R* r7 i. e1 k+ q# I- v3 {  59.All the following sentences have an appositive EXCEPT
, t$ ^: e; ?% {" Z% G3 h) w0 a% t* j  A.She bought herself a pair of new shoes." o: s5 C5 D( x, r3 L  D+ n
  B.Only one problem still remains-the food.
1 C& D1 T, A" R' F  C.My friends all understand and support me.
- r8 I1 S1 ^, b* h$ a8 i2 K  D.She liked her current job,teaching English.
; o( r# q  c3 C& X  60.Which of the following best explains the meaning of“Shall we buy the tickets first”?7 u, [6 n7 i, ?& B
  A.He said that we were going to buy the tickets first.. x3 I  D2 |7 j% u
  B.He requested that we buy the tickets first.
* y/ u* X1 y& w! C  C.He suggested that we buy the tickets first.
% x4 v6 h- A, q/ ?. W, j# X. W! N  D.He advised us to buy the tickets first.) i$ Y' h0 ~* A% u
  61.Which of the following contains an adverbial clause of cause?- d3 o( Z& X9 y6 Y/ @
  A.I got a job as soon as I left university.
4 d2 l1 j0 e# Y5 T+ ]  B.As there was no answer, I wrote again.8 M/ t- X, q9 C" {" Y  m. W
  C.You must do the exercises as I show you.8 Q( l$ E6 \1 a* K+ {
  D.Wealthy as he is,Mark is not a happy man.
* O& O+ ?2 P& S6 E, C% g+ n  62.Which of the following prepositional phrases can function as an adverbial?
6 p& ~& W  j. {1 E6 P5 m" B3 n1 M  A.Are you sure of Simon's disappearance?+ [* m. t; D6 C( |/ v
  B.The man with a beard is talking to the manage.% R; V3 O, Y3 L
  C.Every precaution was taken against the failure of the plan.
5 m, I; k5 W+ B$ A( ?3 r  Y  D.Despite the rain,everyone enjoyed the trip.) a/ m# k- A% j; Z
  63.A:Mother.you promised to take me out. B:Well_____
6 A) V' O0 W6 n/ @# J4 K  A. so I did! B. so did I. C. so I do! D. so do I8 Y2 b: B% L1 _/ t% Y, C! A( {* v
  64.Which of the following prepositional phrases is an adverbial of concession?
- i" [2 x* H% o) g  A.They used the box for keeping treasures.' u8 V5 `( B1 ^) v$ W: ^5 A2 I
  B.I stepped aside for her to get in first.! W9 \3 I4 w  S: H1 x! x" F* |
  C.For all that he seems to dislike me,I still like him./ ?9 S' P/ ~$ k: N# L- }9 c
  D.The parents bought a birthday cake for their son.
0 t& _/ B. m& }7 F8 z! T  65.Which of the following sentences is INCORRECT?+ {! o" m3 N5 ]8 q2 r. K4 [+ e4 ?
  A.Poultry are very expensive in the city.& x+ C- O) }- G& v8 F
  B.New machinery were introduced in the factory.0 Q/ r( H6 L+ F6 k
  C.The police are investigating the murder case.9 b! G; Q! F1 V  A; Y6 P' p% f1 Y$ d( U: f
  D.The militia were called out to rescue flood victims.5 l. @+ X  S( e5 c- b8 O4 R+ }) O2 c
  66.The girl cannot come to school today on account of the flu.The underlined part means_____.
) f/ a* ]6 h3 P0 [' q  A.concerning B.because of C.as to D.for
9 i& G* E1 {& n7 ~$ O- Y" \  67.Mary and John are busy looking for a hotel for their wedding _____.
$ k( A8 ]1 i0 a  A.meal B.snack C.refreshment D.banquet  m  A0 |* n- H5 ^4 Y3 k3 v
  68.Mini-skirts first _____ in the 1960s.( |2 z. d8 C/ _; |
  A.caught out B.caught in C.caught on D.caught up: U# o) t% W' @. K' M
  69.That outburst at the meeting was ____ of his bad temper.) X% J' f+ Y+ q; V
  A.illustrative B.explanatory C.expository D.revealing
" ^& y  t5 S. O  70.The earthquake refugees are ____ for food and blankets.
7 }- e; ^9 R4 n/ U& x. N. \5 h! e  A.desirous B.ambitious C.seriously off D.badly off
$ Y) a# c( }. W5 `8 f  71.When Linda heard the good news she tried to sound casual,but her excitement was obvious.
; w: {9 `" f. Q" E7 l, W, j" N1 k  The underlined part means _____.$ V  s7 z2 m2 Y6 _! k2 M$ d
  A.uncaring B.disinterested C.without plan D.without warning
  n9 q( A6 t: y& h4 p  X/ e  72.Most Chinese people went to work by bike within living _____.0 c+ `5 {3 l& S' A
  A.mind B.knowledge C.memory D.scope5 d' Q2 E* T; w4 v& G% ]
  73.The speaker was very good at ____ his ideas during the discussion.
3 W" J; K+ [8 J. `5 Q  A.putting aside B.putting across C.putting back D.putting off
$ a5 W6 O6 C3 h9 p0 t: H  74.The food is good at this hotel,but the ____ is poor;the waiters don’t seem to be well trained.
, A/ ]5 d& N% [- {; S  \/ v  A.maintenance B.repair C.charge D.service
/ p/ m7 O0 |+ P  75.Slavery was ____ in America in the 19th century., Y6 n* g5 e% R
  A.abolished B.cancelled C.abandoned D.terminated
' y  b" c+ q" Y! V1 R! b% x  76.Mercifully,I was able to complete all I had to do within a few days.The underlined part means _____.
' N' ]8 Q. K2 T. q  A.efficiently B.surprisingly C.fortunately D.shortly
6 k0 |4 Z6 x: Z5 g% \  77.The boys in the dorm ____ a coin to decide who would clean the floor.: l% T6 s+ q$ G/ w2 z5 P6 J0 v
  A.held B.tossed C.put D.collected1 ]9 r( g; |+ A3 H6 G) C% P  j
  78.The patterns of spoken language are ____ from those of writing.! z& E( p* J+ ]$ o4 n9 @
  A.distinct B.distinctive C.distinguished D.distinguishing
1 h" t8 e& C9 w5 t! b9 c  79.A(n)____ shape has four straight sides at 90°to each other, two of which are much longer than the other two.
8 G- G* C  t% I  A.square B.oval C.oblong D.circular
( Y: u, r6 z) P+ r7 x3 e% B& I) P7 R- c  80.I’d like to have a ____ word with his parents.
  z. a4 `$ U$ y5 F9 N  A.peaceful B.quiet C.silent D.personal
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-6 05:29 , Processed in 0.159765 second(s), 21 queries .