立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 153|回复: 0

[考试试题] 2012年英语专业八级真题(word版)改错部分

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 11:54:21 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  PART IV PROOFREADING & ERROR CORRECTION (15 MIN) 0 n9 a* @; N# z2 ~0 ?
   The passage contains TEN errors. Each indicated line contains a maximum of ONE error. In each case, only ONE word is involved. You should proof-read the passage and correct it in the following way:
% O* }! R; ?7 D) Q$ v/ R3 I/ {  R) l& g  For a wrong word, underline the wrong word and write the correct one in the blank
9 n3 b/ |+ t5 c) x$ _   provided at the end of the line. & r2 ~4 b7 j7 R' K7 ]' D
  For a missing word, mark the position of the missing word with a "L" sign and write the
9 T( u2 D# h* G6 G) ^" n* j   word you believe to be missing in the blank provided at the end of the
* n" Y6 ~7 g6 }# P8 K; L  M" ^# x   line. ! j0 K( x9 q7 X
  For an unnecessary word, cross the unnecessary word with a slash "/" and put the word in the # l: z1 M2 K( d2 E1 j) j
   blank provided at the end of the line. - p( C6 [6 U/ a0 y  c3 \
  EXAMPLE
3 c$ S' u) a- W+ y0 f  When A art museum wants a new exhibit, (1) an ) [) u! A& D# k
  it never buys things in finished form and hangs (2) never 9 z; X6 f2 ]: F& O
  them on the wall. When a natural history museum / ^; z* E$ A5 ~5 P
  wants an exhibition, it must often build it. (3) exhibit
6 _. u7 I2 j# ~  Proofread the given passage on ANSWER SHEET TWO as instructed.
- q7 m$ u3 H/ q$ w& q  The central problem of translating has always been whether to translate literally or freely. The argument has been going since at least the first (1) ______ , ~0 Q1 f: _8 k
  century B.C. Up to the beginning of the 19th century, many writers
3 F2 e$ R+ j+ ^# W# Z( t9 d3 |6 N  favoured certain kind of “free” translation: the spirit, not the letter; the (2) _______
7 _% E2 u: u) P$ o) f: z  x  H  sense not the word; the message rather the form; the matter not (3) _______ ' i5 `! H8 }4 H: x! I
  the manner. This is the often revolutionary slogan of writers who (4) _______ , a8 i% [' d2 p
  wanted the truth to be read and understood. Then in the turn of 19th (5) _______
1 `" T$ g5 q9 |; Z& |5 K- _  century, when the study of cultural anthropology suggested that
6 D5 a( I+ @& W  the linguistic barriers were insuperable and that the language (6) _______
) E& i* `# L7 @* V( _  was entirely the product of culture, the view translation was impossible (7) _______ % F1 t& K0 J1 C0 ?- m
  gained some currency, and with it that, if was attempted at all, it must be as (8) _______
' N% r. L. x, {% c8 V  literal as possible. This view culminated the statement of the (9) _______ 4 k+ W( B* T- D2 q: R  d
  extreme “literalists” Walter Benjamin and Vladimir Nobokov.
0 u$ w8 g! ~5 V, U  The argument was theoretical: the purpose of the translation, the , f2 j8 B; @' f
  nature of the readership, the type of the text, was not discussed. Too
% j/ i! Q$ x' {- {' D: ]  often, writer, translator and reader were implicitly identified with
' j  J# P& `+ T0 w  each other. Now, the context has changed, and the basic problem remains. (10) _____
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-6 15:20 , Processed in 0.175700 second(s), 21 queries .