a我考网

找回密码
 立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 119|回复: 0

[考试试题] 2010年专四真题范文01:Should College Students Hire Cleaners?

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 11:54:21 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  Direction:
/ S- c- N& e( b$ m6 a) `  It is recently reported in a newspaper that six students who shared a dorm at a local university hired a cleaner to do laundry and cleaning once a week. And each of them paid her 60 yuan a month. This has led to a heated debate as to whether college students should hire cleaners.
  L+ |. v5 E$ F/ f* E3 Q  Write a composition of about 200 words on the following topic:
) m: L3 b% J6 D, c  I( @  `  Should College Students Hire Cleaners?
- v( Q$ r$ z  d, _. Z  You are to write in three parts:
# A8 |# a! Y- ^& n- I  In the first part, state clearly what your view is.
- i- v2 E8 M0 V- p  In the second part, support your view with appropriate reasons." o. d2 z) f, L: K% ]' V
  In the last part, bring what you have written to a natural conclusion or a summary.9 R. h, B+ c* \7 R
  Marks will be awarded for content, organization, grammar and appropriateness. Failure to follow the instructions may result in a loss of marks. " h  @7 d3 E: s" n% k
  范文:
9 {; W0 y- e. R# v3 ]( V' X4 \, c. ]% d7 h0 ]( |. w
Should College Students Hire Cleaners?
  Y, C, a# b3 C$ N3 e" R" ~5 m  It was recently reported that a few college students hired a help to do some cleaning in their dorm. These students attribute this behavior to their limited spare time. They claim that it can help them to save time and pay more attention to their studies. As far as I am concerned, such a chain of reasoning is seriously flawed, and they are just making an excuse for their laziness. College students should not hire a help for their dormitory cleaning. ! R9 }# I5 m( H6 t( S0 d) r
  To begin with, it is not necessary for college students to hire a cleaner. As boarding-school students living in tiny dorms, we don’t have much cleaning to do at all. What we need to do every day is just washing or some basic cleaning, which we learned to do in childhood. Undoubtedly we can manage them ourselves. In addition, cleaning up a dorm won’t take much time. Conversely, it may help us to divert our attention away from studies and reduce our pressure. As a result, we don’t need to hire a cleaner to keep our dorms clean.
+ |0 t- `! j: [* d( ~  A more important reason why university students should not hire a cleaner is that university education involves both knowledge learning and character building. In the university we should try our best to be more independent and self-reliant. Otherwise, we cannot shoulder greater responsibility when we step into the society. If now we still rely on cleaners for dorm sanitation, how can we earn our own living in the future? Consequently, the most basic thing we should do now is to take care of ourselves and prepare for our future, instead of evading responsibility by hiring a help.   In summary, college students should learn to stand on their own feet. Hiring a cleaner is definitely not a wise choice.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-1 04:38 , Processed in 0.306541 second(s), 21 queries .