立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 119|回复: 0

[考试试题] 2011专四考试:听力预测试卷原文与答案(1)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 11:54:21 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  Questions 1 to 3 are based on the following conversation.
  I& s' a3 E8 A5 J  M: [1] I've been studying too much and need a change, so I just made plans to go away during the January break.
; G' u6 L0 n; T) f  W: Really? Where are you going?. q: a( m0 i0 M
  M: I'm planning to visit New Mexico.
: H: p! j5 z( j2 \+ m; ]! T  W: Hey, my sister and I vacationed there last year. We had a great time.; z3 \! a' v+ i3 o
  M: Did you get into Albuquerque?
5 _" t' g( B4 B$ b# L& l' I  W: Sure, whenever we were skiing.
4 g% z. {! N- x$ ~- i8 r0 w- v  M: Is it far from the mountains?% w4 F5 A2 D* G" d5 [  ^
  W: Not at all. See, even though [2] Albuquerque's on a high, flat plateau, there are even higher mountains near it. Just half an hour away from the city, there are snow-covered slopes.
3 h* L. n3 a- \3 k+ x, |6 I1 n  M: Well, if the mountains are only thirty minutes away, I guess I should take my ice skates and my skis.& R& W4 b  f: a7 s' e2 [) I" l
  W: Definitely.
/ U$ c# `# `, B! X3 F  M: I heard that the weather there is great.
' B( T% i' e; X6 v  W: It is--low humidity, moderate temperatures. [3]But you do need to be careful of the high altitude.
( ~- U4 H5 a/ Y) u, P8 b' O! e  M: What should I do about that?' N. N' C+ Z3 M  \; A
  W: Oh, just take it easy for a few days. Don't go hiking up the mountains or exercise too vigorously. Just do everything gradually.8 b1 P) S3 U: X9 B2 a& ?
  M: I'm sure I'll be fine, and I'll let you know all about my trip when I come back.  c) q  X0 T  S5 R% ]# q
  Keys: 1. [B] 2. [D] 3. [C]" n* R# C! X% R) [2 j7 m
  Questions 4 to 7 are based on the following conversation.
) G7 B. h# e- W4 ~; e: I  W: Welcome to visit our city, Mr. Lorden. But, of course, you have been here before, haven't you?
/ w2 T/ q$ R# s  M: Yes, I have. What a good memory you have! I was here for the Arts Festival last year.: A8 f# Q0 m1 x
  W: [4lAnd what will you be doing on this visit?( `/ p( }& ^# F# G
  M: Oh, [4] I came here primarily for a holiday and to see some friends. But I will also be giving some private cello lessons as well.
5 P8 W; a- Y: [% o- @  v" Y  W: I believe that your cello is rather special. Is that true?+ Y* G/ Y7 T4 S5 L% F; R$ o, n
  M: Oh, yes. It was made for my uncle by a very expert Italian cello maker called Mario. When I began cello lessons at the age of eight, [5] he said that when I grew big enough to handle a full-sized cello, he would give it to me.4 S; p4 x4 E  n9 b! C- r5 z- a% E
  W: So when a child begins to play the cello, he or she starts on a smaller instrument?) U$ n! \" ?7 w5 z; L4 E
  M: Of course, or he would be very uncomfortable. Many children begin with a half-sized cello, but as I was big for my age, [6] I began with a two-thirds-sized cello.
1 L: x- x: s2 |- ^; g* A. z" D- O' [  W: Are you going to other places on this trip and will you take your cello with you?
2 a. p0 V2 f$ K$ K: k- k  M: Yes, very definitely.7 I( L/ K' X! E% L; U/ @( E7 \
  W: But, isn't it difficult taking a cello around with you?7 x5 n5 o/ u3 R* U7 b2 r! u
  M: Not really. [7]I just reserve two seats when I'm traveling anywhere, one for me and one for my cello. It's such a precious instrument to me that it hardly ever leaves my side.
# y2 }2 Y9 Z: F: U9 n: k  Keys: 4, [B] 5. [B] 6. [B] 7. [A]9 A+ s, [1 ]" O4 K
  Questions 8 to I0 are based on the following conversation.6 {" ~2 d2 }0 M( X) p! y3 j
  W: Oh, Steve, you're early! I'm happy you're here early today because I'd like to discuss your attendance for a moment.# v( `+ M" r' {! N5 F# Y/ P
  M: Gee, Dr. Olivia, [8] I'm really sorry about missing class yesterday.- Q1 D+ E5 Z/ V' `' t- T* G0 |
  W: Actually, it's been several days. Counting today, we've only had 6 classes, yet you've already missed 4. It's more than a half. You won't be able to pass if you're constantly absent. And I really don't want to fail anyone.
; E: l: [# k& y: y% L# i  M: Sorry, I've been extremely busy. I can explain for it. Dr. Olivia. I have a part-time job, so...
0 M( f; f- P9 C* q# R# P  W: Well, I hope you're already for today's exam.6 N" n  x$ s& O, a7 f0 e! i
  M: Today? I thought it was Monday!
7 Y9 c1 k; i" P* N; G; f0 X  W: Read the syllabus, Steve; this is precisely what I'm talking about. You should either make an effort to attend, or you should consider withdrawing while it's still possible.- _% {& E9 g$ K
  M: What do you mean?  w/ [9 i/ U3 n
  W: [9] Today's the final day you can withdraw and get a full refund.+ N) I- |% j; ]! T
  M: Maybe I really should. What do you suggest?
, j  f+ h) ^# \4 o+ I  W: I wish you could attend classes regularly; however, if you don't believe you're capable of this, then don't waste your money.
# [. }) g2 q3 B3 M. g  M: Thanks, Dr. Olivia. I really appreciate your advice. [10]If it's okay, I suppose I'll go ahead and drop the class.$ `( L/ v, M4 R, o/ T+ u$ }3 B
  W: It's entirely up to you, but that might be best if you don't think things are going to change. Excuse me, the students are coming, and I've got to get ready for class. I wish you the very best of luck, Steve.
* P+ ^# c5 I" t$ a  M: Thank you, Dr. Olivia. Goodbye.
4 P8 p9 o; W  x' Z' W+ R  Keys: 8. [B] 9. [B] 10. [C]  o/ }/ n! |* ]
  SECTION B PASSAGES" A( p& j/ W0 e4 S1 w, E
  Questions 11 to 13 are based on the following passage.6 N1 i" ]& G$ f( |) x* i" P
  Next time you bring your kids for a check-up, don't be surprised if the doctor asks about their tastes in entertainment. The American Academy of Medicine suggested last week that doctors work with parents to evaluate [11] how much TV kids watch and what they see, what video and computer games they play, which websites they visit on the Internet, whether they view R-rated videos without the company of their parents, what music they like and what books they read. Doctors are worried that kids who spend too much time in front of the tube don't get enough exercises, and can become overweight. The Academy is also concerned that the messages kids get from entertainment media can make them more violent and sexually active. The Academy recommends that children under age 2 not watch any TV. [12]"Children need activities to stimulate their brain during the first two years of life," says Dr. Miriam Barren, who chairs the Academy's Committee on Public Education. “They need feedback and socialization." Older children, she says, should watch TV in a common area.
( B  B/ n- {, L6 v! M$ L: a4 J  W  [13]Their bedrooms should be "electronic media-free" zones where they can have a quiet place to read, study, play or just relax.11. [D] 12. [B] 13. [C]
' l1 L$ Q$ c- b5 B: S2 e6 C1 X  Questions 14 to 17 are based on the following passage.. [; R1 {) W& `9 J
  Watches and clocks seem as much a part of our life as breathing or eating. And yet, did you know that watches and clocks were scarce in the United States until the 1850s?* z$ k! D+ R( U2 O
  In the late 1700s, people didn't know the exact time unless they were near a clock. [14]Those delightful clocks in the squares of European towns were built for the public. After all, most citizens simply couldn't afford a personal timepiece. Well into the 1800s in Europe and the United States, the main purpose of a watch was to show others how wealthy you were.& i1 i" F5 V+ d/ K9 q
  [15]The word "wristwatch" didn't even enter the English language until nearly 1900. By then the rapid pace of industrialization in the United States meant that measuring time had become essential. How could the factory worker get to work on time unless he or she knew exactly what time it was? Since efficiency was now measured by how fast a job was done, everyone was interested in time. [16]And since industrialization made possible the manufacture of large quantities of goods, watches became fairly inexpensive. Furthermore, electric lights kept factories going around the clock. Being on time had entered the language and life of every citizen.6 v' r! n6 L. y0 M$ V4 T" @3 m
  Keys: 14. [C] 15. [D] 16. [A] 17. [D], I0 K5 C( G( W1 c# [. r
  Questions 18 to 20 are based on the following passage.- {$ C0 z+ W8 w
  A bit of rain and wind in summer can be nice. But bad storms are quite different. [18]Some of the worst storms are typhoons. The strongest ones are usually around the Pacific Ocean and the South China Sea. Most of them happen in July, August and September.
2 l: q# i' [5 b9 x% t/ V% W  Why? When lots of seawater gets hot in the summer sun, it evaporates into the air. This makes the air hotter, too. When the air gets warm enough, it starts to move higher up into the sky. Then, cooler air around it rushes in to fill the space that is left. Once the air gets warmer, it starts to move more quickly, making wind. The wind goes in circles, and it keeps moving higher in the sky. [19]The warmer the air gets, the quicker the wind moves. And when the wind moves faster than 30 meters a second, a typhoon begins.: O+ Y8 c0 f' q$ g0 g
  A typhoon has two parts. One is called the "eye". [20]This is right in the middle of a typhoon and is calm. In the eye, the wind does not move so fast. The other part of a typhoon is the wall of clouds around the eye. This is where the strongest winds and hardest rains are.+ T% ?' f$ J) n
  Keys: 18. [D] 19. [B] 20. [A]
8 L; i3 \: b2 u! \* L6 U  SECTION C NEWS BROADCAST/ N1 T6 U$ H# [4 b7 B. d* ?) _
  Questions 21 and 22 are based on the following news.
* n; [) u! f6 e  The United States and Vietnam signed an agreement Tuesday that may pave the way for U.S. firms to help build nuclear plants in the Southeast Asian country [21]5 W) n& }! x' C6 o5 K  g! F
as it strives to meet booming energy demand. The new agreement addresses nuclear safety and nonproliferation concerns and is a prerequisite to a deal that could allow companies like Westinghouse and General Electric to participate in Vietnam's nuclear energy sector. Vietnam's demand for power is expected to grow by 16 percent a year until 2015, according to government projections, and the country's booming economy has made it difficult for supply to keep pace with demand. [22]Vietnam has already signed nuclear energy cooperation agreements with Russia, China, France, South Korea, India and Argentina.1 L9 G) A0 u0 h4 j
  Keys: 21. [D] 22. [C]8 P2 D7 C( v. L: Q
  Questions 23 and 24 are based on the following news.# K$ K& u$ R( k
  This week, leaders of the top industrial and developing economies gathered in the eastern United States. They met in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, [23] for a summit on the world's financial future. Leaders of the Group of Twenty have now met three times in less than a year to deal with the worst recession since the nineteen thirties. Many of their governments have used spending programs to inject five trillion dollars into their economies. These stimulus efforts have had some success. [24]Now, the question is how and when to withdraw that support without harming a recovery, and how to avoid a repeat of the financial crisis." I0 l" B$ k8 ~! v- n! b
  Keys: 23. [C] 24. [A]  a- q! z9 f1 c! l! ^" W# [
  Questions 25 to 27 are based on the following news.
7 m5 x5 w# z% Y' U$ i  Divers have been hammering on the hulls of the front and rear sections of a sunken South Korean navy ship, but no signs of life have been detected, military officials said Monday. The 1,200-ton patrol ship was carrying 104 sailors when an apparent explosion caused it to capsize Friday night in the Yellow Sea near a disputed maritime border between the Koreas. [25]Fifty-eight sailors have been rescued, but hopes were fading for finding the remaining 46. [27]No cause has been determined for the ship's sinking. [26]South Korea's defense minister said it is possible an old mine could be behind the explosion. He said North Korea brought in about 4,000 sea mines from the Soviet Union during the war and placed about 3,000 of them in the Yellow and East seas. "Though many sea mines were removed, it must have been impossible to retrieve them 100 percent," he said., h0 B" ]5 M0 N4 A, ]1 u
Keys: 25. [B] 26. [C] 27. [C]
5 k/ ]. w& l. X: C3 D  Questions 28 to 30 are based on the following news.
/ I( L$ H. `: O! U+ R* i  On World Health Day the World Health Organization has released a report saying that [28] there is a serious problem in developing countries because there are not enough health workers, such as doctors and nurses. Many of these professionals are leaving their countries for better-paying jobs, but this is having a bad effect on the world's health services.
) m8 R+ u- w/ z$ }  [29]Of the fifty-seven countries which lack health workers, thirty-six of them are in sub-Saharan Africa, the very same countries which are struggling to cope with the AIDS epidemic. The World Health Organization says the shortages are undermining not just the battle against deadly diseases like AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria; they're affecting childhood vaccination campaigns and basic care for pregnant women.1 p* `% a$ J3 X
  [30]The report calls for ethical recruitment policies for migrant health workers and international investment to help poor countries train more staff because at the moment the world is short of four-million health workers and one-point-three-billion people lack even the most basic health care., a) Q8 a  G3 c* G2 i$ L- j1 J
  Keys: 28. [C] 29. [A] 30. [C]
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 16:16 , Processed in 0.226727 second(s), 21 queries .