立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 134|回复: 1

[考试试题] 2011专四考试:听力预测试卷原文与答案(2)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 11:54:21 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  Questions 1 to 3 are based on the following conversation.
, {! p3 F/ \2 s: ~$ V  M." We've got a lot of work to do now, but take your time over this project. We don't want to make any mistakes.- T6 S8 A$ g- M# d
  W: Ok. I should have it finished by Friday afternoon. Then I can check those accounts over the weekend. We need to have them finished by Monday, right?" R$ ^& r1 O5 B  A0 c5 o6 a
  M: That's right. We'll finish them just in time. The financial analysis project can wait for the time being. We need to spend several days on that project, [l]but it isn't due to be finished until the end of the month, so we have plenty of time to get it done.& P, }% n, O' E
  W: From next week on, we should be in less of a rash.: |. ^) F" j6 H: f$ L* W& }
  M: [2] I'm going to give everyone on the team an extra day off. Everyone deserves it.
) ^/ a8 `/ u5 m5 o! c- \  W: [2] Don't say that yet. A new project could suddenly appear.$ v/ ~+ R1 v; F
  M: That's true. Right, [3] I'm going back to the meeting. It's been going on for hours and there's no indication that it'll end soon.
$ D' J8 u* G; R# w! y/ c  W: Carol said that she would spend some time checking that everyone is up-to-date with their work.3 Q3 F9 I" I; j! d/ }/ J2 x; l
  M: Good. I have to go right now. I really hope this meeting doesn't last too long.8 j& ]$ B" e4 [
  W: They usually go on for ages.8 n) ~8 _7 E. k# {6 H
  M: I'll stop by if I have time later. Make sure everyone knows that we must stick to the deadlines.
! h( }4 J( U9 B8 b; h! ~2 V& {  W: I will. Enjoy your meeting!" k  o; a* S2 x0 E0 N( _
  Keys: 1. [D] 2. [C] 3. [D]" ^8 H1 E7 Q& u) K0 L! O
  Questions 4 to 6 are based on the following conversation.( K) Z2 D5 }2 U4 H( h
  M: Hello. Is this the registration office?
! h5 b  S5 U# B* K5 P4 l  W: Yes. This is Kate speaking. How can I help you?
: S) G9 p6 ?( g/ b  M: Well, I have a slight problem here. [4]I have been in Chemistry 302B class for a month, and today Prof. Anderson told me I wasn't registered in his latest class list. I thought all the while I was registered in his class and this really comes as a surprise.  \1 e2 k) ]8 w3 w+ L
  W: Well, why don't you give me your student ID and I'll just check to see if you are officially registered.
# A% d6 t2 R' ]: I  M: 37754.3 n! {! \/ `$ G- a/ Z# r$ f
  W: Just a minute. And you are John Ashton, right?
# X8 ]. r" M! M/ x% `) a  M: Yes, that's me.4 W7 Q1 g1 h' ?% W, r( l  ~; I& `
  W: John, the computer shows that you are registered in Chemistry 302A and that's Dr. Bolton's class. Perhaps you have mixed up the two.
4 c7 O; N+ f7 s$ b1 l9 ^) @" v# J  M: Oh no, I thought I'd made a switch from Bolton to Anderson. How did this confusion occur? I dropped Bolton's class and switched to Anderson's in the first week. I still have the add/drop form with me.and we'll try to sort it out for you. [51I don't role out there could have been a mistake that occurred during the add/drop process.- Z8 T3 D7 |/ C! m
  M: I'll be there first thing in the morning to sort out this mess. You know, I wouldn't want to switch professors when I'm now half way through.
8 H( p  h! l7 ~  W: I can understand that. See you tomorrow.
) _( w$ T: n/ X$ r6 Z' ^" Z7 d, z  Keys: 4. [D] 5. [C] 6. [A]
- G" q) N! R5 t8 O" K6 Y6 s8 c* e  Questions 7 to I0 are based on the following conversation.4 K+ Y0 L- q- g) M& R
  M: Honey, the basketball game is about to start. And could you bring [7] some chips and a bowl of ice cream? And... uh... a slice of pizza from the fridge.! i2 t6 H$ ?! }; `3 O) J- w
  W: Anything else?
: @7 N" c9 f" W/ B9 k1 w3 m  M: No that's all for now. Hey, honey, you know, they're organizing a company basketball team, and I'm thinking about joining. What do you think?
. [$ P: _( B$ i0 K  W: Humph.
' ]1 O( `5 y* m2 H  M: "Humph"! What do you mean "Humph"? I was the star player in high school.
0 |+ x; l, G" L9 ~3 l2 t4 O3 u* \! p  W: Yeah, twenty-five years ago. Look, I just don't want you to have a heart attack running up and down the court.
. Q( k5 p4 a7 x- |  M: So, what arc you suggesting? Should I just abandon the idea? I'm not that out of shape.1 p7 q" B$ X. B: C1 T6 _* A
  W: Well... [8] you ought to at least have a physical check before you begin. I mean, [9] it has been at least five years since you played at all.: j7 r. r+ M6 Y, ^( J% g' v
  M: Well, okay, but...
/ i1 u- o% G+ z# t. I! E  W: And you need to watch your diet and cut back on the fatty foods, like ice cream. And you should try eating more fresh fruits and vegetables.4 G8 A* V7 N. m1 j: ?$ w7 [
  M: Yeah, you're probably right.4 R. u$ q! ^/ Z8 \; u9 w
  W: And [10] you should take up a little weight training to strengthen your muscles or perhaps try cycling. Oh, and you need to go to   bed early instead of watching TV half the night.! I3 t  l, J! c' O3 q1 f
  M: Hey, you're starting to sound like my personal fitness instructor!% x& G3 c2 P# e+ m3 V$ D/ ^: Z
  W: No, I just love you, and I want you to be around for a long, long time.
1 p* B5 P1 [8 K  Keys: 7. [D] 8. [A] 9. [C] 10. [A]
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-14 11:54:22 | 显示全部楼层

2011专四考试:听力预测试卷原文与答案(2)

</p>  SECTION B PASSAGES. T5 I* {; D' I/ W
  Questions 11 to 13 are based on the following passage./ o. `( u" d3 T3 q) M, }6 P9 h; i# a
  Most children in the United States have a summer holiday of almost three months mostly because it was difficult to hold classes in the hot summer weather.
: V! l: T$ Z$ n  American schools began to experiment with changing this system. One idea was for children to attend school all year round. [11] Students who attend year-round' schools in the United States do not go to class every day of the year. But the time is organized differently. For example, some students attend school five days a week for nine weeks. Then they have three weeks off before going back to school for another nine weeks. In the summer they have about five weeks of holiday.0 T- G. d. n  ~7 J6 R
  Supporters of year-round schooling say it improves student learning. They say students in the traditional system often forget what they have learned during a long summer holiday. They say schools can offer special classes during the short holidays for students who need extra belp.
; ~0 ^# R; z% A! b0 L* }  [12]People opposed to year-round schooling say the research has not proved that it improves learning. Families report problems organizing activities and travel when children in different schools have different holidays. Some parents want their children to have an extended summer away from the pressures of school. People who operate summer camps for children oppose the idea. So do businesses that employ teenagers in the summer.
8 R+ ^+ }6 \% J  Keys: 11. [C] 12. [A] 13. [D]
- D) u9 Y5 x! Y3 X$ n2 `  Questions 14 to 17 are based on the following passage.
4 v; V/ B, Z" `0 ]+ j9 i% D  To be successful in a job interview, [14] you should demonstrate certain personal and professional qualities. You need to create a good image in the limited time available, usually from 30 to 45 minutes. You must make a positive impression which the interviewer will remember while he interviews other candidates. The following are some qualities you should especially pay attention to during an interview. First of all, you should take care to appear to be properly dressed. [15]The right clothes worn at the right time can win respect of the interviewer and his confidence in your judgment. It may not be true that clothes make a man. But the first and often last impression of you is determined by the clothes you wear. Secondly, you should pay close attention to your manner of speaking, since speech is a reflection of personality. [16]You should reflect confidence by speaking in a clear voice, loud enough to be heard, without being aggressive or overpowering. You should be prepared to talk knowledgeably about the requirements of the position you are applying for. [17]Finally, to be really impressive you must convey a sense of self-confidence and enthusiasm for work. If you display these characteristics, with just a little luck, you'll certainly succeed in the typical personal interview.中 华 考 试 网
/ \  }& C) a/ N* s2 R3 n. i1 Y5 X  Keys: 14. [D] 15. [C] 16. [D] 17. [D]
# M5 {* r4 W4 V9 A4 b, ]  ~  Questions 18 to 20 are based on the following passage.
- z2 k$ V9 m$ f" ]) d( j- K  Carl Sandburg, born in Galesburg, Illinois, was the son of a Swedish black smith. [18]At the age of 13 he left school when the Spanish-American war broke out to enlist in the Army. After leaving the Army he entered Lombard College in Galesburg, where he began to write poetry. [19]For a time he was a reporter on a Milwaukee Wisconsin Newspaper. [19]Sandburg, later became an editorial writer on the Chicago Daily Newspaper In 1915, Chicago Poems, established his fame.( S" K4 N! Q3 k) |' m' t! s2 ^$ A+ m) c
  [19]Not only was he a poet but a biographer also. His poems are in rugged Middle Western speech mixed with lyric passages. They were written in free, unrhymed verses and have often been compared to the poems of Walt Whitman.+ ?  {/ R0 [( ~7 i% m8 x
  Sandburg's book "Abraham Lincoln" is often considered the greatest biography of modern time. He won the Pulitzer Prize in 1940 for "The Prairie Years" and "The War Years". His first novel was "Remembrance Rock" in 1948. [20]Again in 1951 he received the Pulitzer Prize for his Collected Poems. Sandburg is also a collector of American folk song and frequently toured the country, reciting his poems and singing folk songs,( E. c7 p/ R$ r& ~
  Keys: 18. [C] 19. [A] 20. [D]$ [. N* x$ }% ^; p( }$ F$ ^
  SECTION C NEWS BROADCAST
7 E3 {( E/ E" J9 ^% }  Questions 21 and 22 are based on the following news.
! p1 x+ l* S) n, ]9 h7 t+ M! [0 }* V  [21]French public sector workers are holding a day-long, nationwide strike to protest against the government's social and economic policies. Tens of thousands of people rallied in Paris and other cities. Transport, schools and other services were disrupted by the strike, which was supported by all the major unions. The protest comes two days after regional elections in which President Nicolas Sarkozy's centre-fight UMP party suffered a heavy defeat. Resistance to Mr. Sarkozy's economic reform program was widely thought to have contributed to the loss. [22]On Monday, the French president reacted by reshuffling his cabinet. Mr. Sarkozy has also suggested he may slow the pace of unpopular reforms.; d- B; i* E# l0 d& w
  Keys: 21. [A] 22. [C]
. A& ^7 N' D3 T- ]$ i  t5 S  Questions 23 to 25 are based on the following news.7 K& a- b  Y# ~1 S# p  @
  [23/24]At least 38 people were killed and more than 60 injured in two suicide bomb attacks on the Moscow Metro during the morning rush hour. No group has yet claimed responsibility for being behind the attacks. But Russian security services believe the bombers are linked to militant groups in the North Caucasus region. The first explosion tore through the second carriage of a train, as it stood at central Lubyanka station waiting for morning rush hour commuters to board. The second blast at Park Kultury, which is six stops away from Lubyanka, came about 40 minutes later. It struck at the back of the train as people were getting on board. [25] Moscow's Metro system was disrupted following the attacks, but both stations had reportedly reopened by the evening rush hour.
0 ?3 ^  e0 |1 l) C  Keys: 23. [D] 24. [B] 25. [D]
8 F' a5 N, O6 A! q  Questions 26 and 27 are based on the following news.1 a$ c6 L4 Z/ w0 I5 L8 x
  [26]A unique experiment to try to communicate with life in outer space and give a picture of life on earth is to take place from a pyramid in Mexico. [27]Thousands of people around the world have already sent in their images, videos and sounds to the project. Contacting outer space has been an obsession for humans for thousands of years. Now this new project aims to make an attempt on behalf of the digital generation. Organized by the Internet search engine Yahoo, material has started to be collected from around the planet.
; R- H  `+ y0 t( A( j8 \  Keys: 26. [B] 27. [D]
4 B: F5 y+ e* F0 o8 g- r. d' @  Question 28 is based on the following news.
" |% A; [' b5 {/ {" q  [28]South Africa's police have launched a fitness regime to battle obesity after worries were raised about their ability to keep fans safe at the World Cup. A police commissioner said new recruits should fit into the same-size uniform for their whole careers. Officers needing a larger size will be given a year to slim down or face being kicked off the force, he said.
9 Q$ C1 n# f/ z; J# m# j  Key: 28. [C]
# D  `( u0 p* m  Questions 29 and 30 are based on the following news.
6 K! b- n4 s. Q  _4 z  The US Capital, Washington DC, is fighting an epidemic of HIV/AIDS that's affecting 3% of the city's population. [29]The rate of infection is the highest in the US and higher than a number of African nations. Washington's H1V/AIDS problem is getting worse, not better. There's been a 20% increase in cases in the past two years. The city's department of health says that 3% of its residents over the age of twelve are now living with HIV/AIDS. In Washington the majority of those infected are African American. Men aged between 40 and 50 have been the hardest hit. The city is discussing ways of tackling the problem with an emphasis on more testing. [30]But Washington's Mayor says that so far the message appears to be going in one ear and out the other.- K4 i( ]4 n9 S/ H3 w' f2 _
  Keys: 29. [B] 30. [D]
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 07:59 , Processed in 0.197851 second(s), 23 queries .