QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 137|回复: 1

[考试试题] 2011专四考试:听力预测试卷原文与答案(4)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 11:54:21 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  SECTION A CONVERSATIONS
$ t: H5 t' U% M$ o" I2 O' b  Questions 1 to 3 are based on the following conversation.
) j2 A5 }. }# m0 l; `0 K, E8 X  W: Hi, Steve!6 ^* I1 g" e* _" J9 B7 C& b
  M: Hi, Jane. I'm planning to go to London by train. Do you want to come with me?
2 B$ [, U* P, c+ m. r3 p8 I/ y9 V; I! h( B  W: But it would be cheaper by bus.
- }4 d* I$ I6 H3 U8 p8 R# v: V& I& Z5 n  M: [1] I've got a student travel card. You can get cheap train tickets with it.
' D1 ]2 j- Q' `/ S  W: That sounds good. How much does it cost?
' K  C8 W; p% H4 Z  M: A card for six months is sixteen pounds.! r2 `6 H  f# u5 O( j& R
  W: So how do I get one?
3 y$ F+ m  y7 x# T. b3 b: U8 P  M: [3] You need two photographs--one for the card and one for the form.( a" ?! R2 q0 O  L# O" {+ d
  W: There's a photo machine in the post office. It gives you four photos for three pounds.
) T* g4 ~& [6 {8 P7 h) Y  M: So does the one in the library. [2]But I went to a photographer's studio. It was cheaper.
6 G$ a8 R( F6 ?' T; F! p  W: I don't have to show my passport or my driving license, do I?
% y, e! D- |# c  L) H, R, |  M: No, Jane, [3] you only need a letter from your college.* `8 e3 N' i$ _! ?. H* E; d
  W: OK, I'll ask my teacher for one.
) Q1 n% a, M/ l' w5 l  M: And then you take everything to the tourist office and ask the travel agent.8 N, i+ Y" k8 k' F
  W: Great, next time you go to London, I'll come too!9 Y8 w- u2 g! ^
  Keys: 1. [C] 2. [A] 3. [A]
' _: V7 c( S0 E2 B  Questions 4 to 6 are based on the following conversation.
# _& g/ ?# m( I4 r' m9 r  M: How did you like yesterday's astronomy class?# s* ]' _$ C% ]
  W: It was interesting, but the point she was trying to make seemed a little far-fetched.
/ l! Q0 K; U+ h  M: Oh, that new theory that ocean water came from comets?# _$ q7 g: o3 C- n
  W: Yeah. Do you remember what it's based on?& ?) B: E9 W' ^- O( R1 |+ V0 s
  M: Some recent satellite photos, I think. Apparently, [4] space satellites recently detected thousands of small comets colliding with earth's outer atmosphere, almost 40,000 per day.5 g" o! _  n4 B
  W: Ok, so they collide with the atmosphere. Then that's what created the water?
) s0 F2 Z4 f9 |5 C  M: It's not that the collision created water. Comets contain water. They are made up mostly of cosmic dust and water.When they collide with the atmosphere,they break up and the wamr they contain rains down to earth.Ocean water came from that rain.
5 Z- @6 e! A8 z9 _% x; E- D  W:0h,well,this morning,I asked my geology professor about that.He said that most geologists don’t accept it.. y, v/ G+ u* C; n- v
  M:Why not?  ]4 e8 c% j9 ~
  W:Well,[5]their research indicates that most of the water molecules from the comets will have burnt up a_As they fell through the atmosphere.Enough rain couldn't have reached the earth to fill up the ocean.
' f2 i6 C; s/ B5 `8 D  M:Well.[6] do the geologists have an alternative theory,to explain where ocean water came from?2 c: W' l% I1 \/ K: l
  W:Yeah,[6]he said the more traditional view is that ocean water came from volcanoes.
5 R: n5 J* ?7 L5 L" u5 }  M:From volcanoes?
2 d" @. m- l. |& ^8 b  W:Right! As the volcanic fumes are mosdy steam.And they claim that it was volcanic steam that created the oceans,not rain from comets. 1 f0 I( J( ^& t
  Keys:4.[B]5.[D]6.[C]
! u4 y# H  U* {  Questions 7 to 10 are based on the following conversation. 4 |7 F' @* y' P: M
  W:Good afternoon.This is Jane speakin9.How can I help you?
% j( B+ }, s4 v  M:Hi.I arn calling in regards to a cell phone I bought from you a while back.I ain afraid there is something wrong with the mception signal on my hand phone.[7]I can't seem to get incoming and outgoing calls and it always gives me a busy signal.and sometimes it could affect certain mobile numbers Our apologies for your inconvenience.
6 c7 Z  ~9 J2 ]* ?  M:How long do I have to wait before the signal returns to normal?* J9 ^8 f8 V+ |5 _( q9 j
  W:Well,another couple more days.I will give this feedback to our technician and [10] if the problem still exists after two days, please give us a call and we will help you to solve it.
. P6 u  i0 j) T$ h0 j' K, G. a  M:Oh-[l0]but vou bet l will蚀one if I don't get this fixed soon.It’s not as if I call do without my cell phone for very long.
# Z- R% E* X$ D( A9 V5 y  Keys:7.[A]8.[8]9.[B] l0.[A]
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-14 11:54:22 | 显示全部楼层

2011专四考试:听力预测试卷原文与答案(4)

</p>  SECTION B PASSAGES3 @4 i/ l5 L$ r0 B) m
  Questions ll to 13 are based on the following passage.
1 Z5 U7 i& {& x; I, i- q  [11]The ease of shopping and comparing products and prices online has made it an attractive option for many shoppers:nle most prevalent method for paying for the things you purchase online is still the credit card.The following list provides some tips on how to make sure your transaction is secure. 5 M- ~9 y4 I2 p3 Z0 ]8 ^
  [12]An important step is to use the latest Internet browser.Using the most recent browser ensures that the data
1 h# V: P+ U3 ?  iis protected.Reading the.privacy policy is also important.The information you enter on the website should be kept confidential.Make sure you read the company’s privacy policy to ensure that your personal information won’t be sold to others. 0 w, u& C" V0 \7 l' n9 C/ I$ r
  [12]0ther suggestions are to only use one credit card for all of your online purchases Never give out passwords or user ID information online unless you know who you are deaHng with and why they need it Keep records of all of your Internet transactions.Watch your credit card statement for the charges and make sure they’re accurate.
2 m2 s" r) s: P  [13]After you've made purchases online, check your email.Merchants often send confirmation emalls about your order so you know what has been charged to your credit card.
: g6 y# t9 q2 L! @0 q- e: p  Keys:11.[C]12.[D]13.[C]- p, K# ~5 L7 v  c! E
  Questions l4 t0 17 are based on the following passage.
- q+ K/ X9 m$ R: d7 P  Recentlv,a prolessor of philosophy has written a book called Money and the Meaning of Life.He has discovered that how we deal with money in our day—to-day life has more meaning than we usually think. [14]One of the exercises he asked his students to do is to keep a record of every penny they spend for a week.From the way they spend their money,they can see what they really Value in life. 7 L3 N; F" R# e
  [15]He says our relation with others often becomes clearly defined when money enters the picture.You mignt have a wonderful friendship with somebody and you think that you are very good friends.But You will know him onlv when you ask him to lend you some money.If he does,it brings something to the relationship that seems stronger than ever before.Or it can suddenly weaken the relationship if he doesn't.
+ U2 W; X+ w4 f" _- q! C- x% y0 X) U  People{ust have an idea of making more and more money,but what is it for?How much do I need for anv given purposes in my life? [16]In his book,the professor uncovered an important need in modem society: to bring back the idea that money is an instrument rather than the end. [17] Money plays an important role in; L! ?! o% E! O" X
the material world,but expecting money to give happiness rnay be missing the meaning of lile. # I8 L7 p. ^0 O; f) x/ z  `2 |2 I
  Keys:14.【D】15.【C】16.【C】17.【A】 " _2 S! Y" ?$ F  N( ^9 o8 I
  Questions l8 t0 20 are based on the following passage. and present them with your library card at the desk.The books themselves are kept in the stacks,which are open only to graduate students, faculty members and library staff. Our library has over a million volumes in these stacks which cover five floors. If you have any further questions about uslng the library.I’d be glad to help you after the tour.Thank you for your attennon.
: d; G$ [! {7 J2 [# Z  Keys:18.【D】19.【C】20.【A】 ( w' v+ i# q' q4 ?1 W
  SECTION C NEWS BRoADCAST
$ C3 h. [. V: k/ M  Questions 21 t0 23 are based on the following news.0 G) X8 I( k4 x, y! |" p" d, a6 H
  [21]Five suspected Somali pirates were taken into custody Thursday after firing at a U·S·Navy battleship deep in the Indian Ocean,hundreds of miles off the East African coast. . y8 N! C8 e* F- ]* E
  In what appeared to be an ill—conceived attack for ransom,pirates shot small arms rounds at the gulded missile frigate USS Nicholas.The Nicholas returned fire,[22]sinking the small pirate skiff and taking its two passengers into custody.The Nicholas crew also captured two suspected pirates onboard the pirates’ nearby mothership.A third pirate skiff fled the scene. . x0 A8 y6 G3 l2 w
  Pirates usuallv operate from small motor boats they launch from“motherships”--typically much larger boats thev,ve either stolen or highjacked.[23]Motherships carry supplies and fuel, giving pirates the ability to operate much farther from the well patrolled coastline. 3 M2 L9 s& @: `
  Keys:21.【B】22.【D】23.【C】 / p9 v2 S) ~( F! Z1 D
  Questions 24 and 25 are based on the following news. ( m7 Z: S  g2 D' q" b
  Raging wildfires threatening the Greek capital have forced thousands of people from their homes.[24]The fire has been so—enormous that the emergency services have been unable to cope.Th。re weren't。nough plan。8 to water-bomb all the hot spots.Other Mediterranean countries are sending reinforcements-But to many homeowners.their arrival would be too late.Mercifully,there have been no fatalities, [25]but the biggest casualty has been the environment.The loss of so much foliage is going to have a negative impact on alr quality in Athens.The wooded hillsides on the outskirts of the capital acted as its lungs and alr conditioning units, providing much needed oxygen and cooler air.7 M4 K5 C" J9 x( g! H! h
  Keys: 24. [B] 25. [B]
. X/ Q3 R* b( V% \  Question 26 is based on the following news.. P2 Q+ J# s/ s& l7 n
  [26]Scientists have created the first device to render an object invisible in three dimensions. The "cloak" hid an object from detection using light of wavelengths close to those that are visible to humans. Previous devices have been able to hide objects from light traveling in only one direction; viewed from any other angle, the object would remain visible. This is a very early but significant step towards true invisibility cloaks.
* S. y7 ^) F6 _$ E# p: p& ?8 C  Key: 26. [A]
7 [: o) @. Q/ r, i8 {0 ~  Questions 27 and 28 are based on the following news.
# Q# t- @1 i8 J* x2 s  [27]Nepal's govemment has deployed air patrols and thousands of police officers to guard against violence heading up to the next week's elections. The April 10th vote is to select an assembly which will rewrite Nepal's constitution and determine whether to replace the monarchy with a republic. The elections are a key part of [28] Nepal's peace process which has allowed former Maoist rebels to "ojin the government after a decade-long civil war.8 d( N/ Z( s4 i0 `* z- q
  Keys: 27. [C] 28. [D]
, j' L3 _# e$ f# P4 W2 @; S  Questions 29 and 30 are based on the following news./ i1 [1 d, `8 f- |; E4 N1 O
  The latest trend in eco-tourism is completely out of this world.., and right around the comer. [29]Routine commercial travel to outer space may be the norm as soon as 2012, as the next generation of spacecraft transport adventure-seeking civilians into low-Earth orbit.
4 p7 B: q% w) v# v  There, [30] they can see the sun rise many times a day, and experience the breathtaking curve of planet Earth that only NASA astronauts such as Neil Armstrong have previously seen. If they want to extend their stay, they can check in to the solar system's first orbiting hotel.
( g  V1 \" B0 r* H8 e, _6 L  Keys: 29, [D] 30, [A]
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 08:08 , Processed in 0.296050 second(s), 23 queries .