QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 98|回复: 0

[考试试题] 2011年英语专业四级考试:考前冲刺每日练习(20)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 11:54:21 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  Text D. n4 o  n1 e" ?; F5 U
  I lost my sight when I was four years old by falling off a box car in a freight yard in Atlantic City and landing on my head. Now I am thirty two. I can vaguely remember the brightness of sunshine and what color red is. It would be wonderful to see again, but a calamity can do strange things to people. It occurred to me the other day that I might not have come to love life as I do if I hadn't been blind. I believe in life now. I am not so sure that I would have believed in it so deeply, otherwise. I don't mean that I would prefer to go without my eyes. I simply mean that the loss of them made me appreciate the more what I had left.1 j7 k' q5 z! ^' V7 s( |
  Life, I believe, asks a continuous series of adjustments to reality. The more readily a person is able to make these adjustments, the more meaningful his own private world becomes. The adjustment is never easy. I was bewildered and afraid. But I was lucky. My parents and my teachers saw something in me--a potential to live, you might call it--which I didn't see, and they made me want to fight it out with blindness.2 u" f1 c7 e1 T+ o7 ^
The hardest lesson I had to learn was to believe in myself. That was basic. If I hadn't been able to do that, I would have collapsed and become a chair rocker on the front porch for the rest of my life. When I say belief in myself I am not talking about simply the kind of self confidence that helps me down an unfamiliar staircase alone. That is part of it. But I mean something bigger than that: an assurance that I am, despite imperfections, a real, positive person; that somewhere in the sweeping, intricate pattern of people there is a special place where I can make myself fit.
$ U6 |' `2 b. E6 X3 ^* N5 x9 c  It took me years to discover and strengthen this assurance. It had to start with the most elementary things. Once a man gave me an indoor baseball. I thought he was mocking me and I was hurt. "I can't use this." I said. "Take it with you," he urged me, "and roll it around." The words stuck in my head. "Roll it around! "By rolling the ball I could hear where it went. This gave me an idea how to achieve a goal I had thought impossible: playing baseball. At Philadelphia's Overbrook School for the Blind I invented a successful variation of baseball. We called it ground ball., d& o" D- R; O4 p  ]
  All my life I have set ahead of me a series of goals and then tried to reach them, one at a time. I had to learn my limitations. It was no good to try for something I knew at the start was wildly out of reach because that only invited the bitterness of failure. I would fail sometimes anyway but on the average I made progress.; c3 I  {' J) x  ]
  96. We can learn from the beginning of the passage that- ~; x  Z4 e" ]  C
  A. the author lost his sight because of a car crash.
% S# |5 k% \3 U% x4 P) {# p9 Y  B. the author wouldn't love life if the disaster didn't happen,$ t' Q* E2 W: a) Y6 c
  C. the disaster made the author appreciate what he had.
9 {0 O& s& b  C" I( X8 A$ D( l  D. the disaster strengthened the author's desire to see.
, w9 Z- l8 A2 v! [' v  97. What's the most difficult thing for the author?! @. J# W& H& `
  A. How to adjust himself to reality.www.examw.com  Y+ I" _( b2 F: _7 D+ g/ V
  B. Building up assurance that he can find his place in life., e6 Y' H+ B9 s  z2 B
  C. Learning to manage his life alone.
0 k0 o, P: F! Q6 h1 a' f  D. To find a special work that suits the author.3 c! S$ K: V+ k7 B* Q/ @& s
  98. According to the context, "a chair rocker on the front porch" in paragraph 3 means that the author
# y" w9 Q8 X5 K: ]  A. would sit in a rocking chair and enjoy his life. 4 h& g! K: n1 A" L
  B. was paralyzed and stayed in a rocking chair.
4 ~& m  E/ r9 e9 |& P  C. would lose his will to struggle against difficulties.1 v6 Y, i3 n+ r: x! j
  D. would sit in a chair and stay at home.
* t- q2 S- \! E; @! [$ R3 Q  99. According to the passage, the baseball and encouragement offered by the man' A6 S9 M8 r4 G' S
  A. hurt the author's feeling. ; s9 p% v, f; T& m& `" F) F6 |$ V
  B. gave the author a deep impression.
2 ]3 z# X: \' u  C. directly led to the invention of ground ball. 3 _3 Z" |7 J. u  I' r- r: Z% ]
  D. inspired the author.
/ s$ Y% I) V5 J# d9 g  100. According to the passage, which of the following is CORRECT?
0 k' W" I5 D' Q  A. The author set goals for himself but only invited failure most of the time.
* G1 M9 |0 K' A1 e& E! n5 r- A  B. The author suggested not trying something beyond one's ability at the beginning.. E  Q: ?2 l5 ^% |. z
  C. The bitterness of failure prevented the author from trying something out of reach.
5 C6 g* D7 F* W, E  F( v  D. Because of his limitations, the author tried to reach one goal at a time.
9 [" W2 L) k! F4 s, \0 D6 G/ n3 i  【文章概要】 % ]; `. F* _2 i( ?) \7 ~
  本文讲述一位盲人因一次意外事故失明后如何克服困难,重新定位自己,取得人生价值的故事。第1段叙述作者因一次意外事故失明,但失明没有使他丧失对生活的信心,反而让他更懂得珍惜他所拥有的东西;第2—4段讲述他如何走出阴影,最终找到了自己的位置,并发明了滚球(ground ball);最后一段总结他的成功经验,即在生活中不断给自己设立目标并为之而奋斗。   {& y6 z) B" ?) M" ?( }% l
  【答案解析】 9 M) }  m! k( x' X3 J
  96.[C]细节判断题。第l段最后一句指出“所失去的让我更懂得珍惜现在拥有的”,故选C。作者失明是因为他从一辆货车(box car)A摔下来,而不是因为汽车事故,故排除A;B的推断没有原文依据;文中提到他渴望重见光明。D的表述与原文有出入。 : P% x( ~5 o9 U/ f% V/ T
  97.[B]细节判断题。the most difficult thin9是The hardest lesson的同义改写,故可定位到第3段。该段首句指出最困难的事情是“相信自己”,But所在的句子做了更具体的解释即“对自己的一种坚信,我还是我,尽管不是完美的……坚信自己可以找到一个适合自己的位置”,故选B。A太笼统;由第2段可知他的生活并不是孤单的,他还有父母、老师等的支持,故C错误;D文中没有提到。
/ {0 S& E2 e# r0 O  98.[C]句意理解题。本题可用排除法。第3段第3句提到,“如果我不坚信自己,我会崩溃,变成一个坐在轮椅里的废人了,在门廊前度此余生”,由此可知C正确。
9 F+ r9 Y# C& {0 u" _# \  99.[D]细节判断题。根据baseball定位到倒数第2段。从该段最后两句可知棒球和那个男人的鼓励给作者以启示和鼓舞.从而发明了一种叫“滚球”的运动,故选D。该段提到作者以为那个男人是在嘲讽他,但后来在他的激励下有所启发,故A错误;B“给作者留下了深刻印象”在文中没有提及;C中的directly错误,男人的话只是给了作者启发。: ^/ C, X: I( u0 m- Y$ Z$ _7 U
  100.[B]细节判断题。最后一段第2、3句表明我们要意识到自己的局限性,在开始时尝试那些遥不可及的东西只会徒劳无益,故B正确;由该段第l句和最后一句可知作者为自己不断设立目标并实现了大部分的目标,故A错误:最后一句的anyway but可知C错误;文中并没有指出他每次尝试一个目标是因为他自己的局限,故D属干随意捏造。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-2 06:45 , Processed in 0.232346 second(s), 21 queries .