立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 108|回复: 0

[考试试题] 英语专八考试翻译冲刺试题(1)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 11:54:21 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  There were eight Japanese gentlemen having a fish dinner at Bentley's. They spoke to each other rarely in their incomprehensible tongue, but always with a courteous smile and often with a small bow[1]. All but one of them wore glasses. Sometimes the pretty girl who sat in the window beyond[2] gave them a passing[3 ]glance, but her own problem seemed too serious for her to pay[4 ]real attention to anyone in the world except herself and her companion.% M8 x7 R  g% v- e9 t9 F9 d* e$ F' ]
  She had thin[5 ]blond hair and her face was pretty and petite[6 ]in a Regency[7] way, oval like a miniature[8],though she had a harsh way of speaking — perhaps the accent of the school, Roedean or Cheltenham Ladies' College, which she had not long ago left. She wore a man's signet-ring[9] on her engagement finger, and as I sat down at my table, with the Japanese gentlemen between us[10], she said, “ So you see we could marry next week,"( T/ v, C6 V1 G0 X
  “Yes?”" ^$ @6 E! R2 c& J% I& y' [! Q; v
  Her companion appeared a little distraught. He refilled their glasses with Chablis and said, “Of course,but Mother..." I missed some of the conversation then, because the eldest Japanese gentleman leant across the table, with a smile and a little bow, and uttered a whole paragraph like the mutter from an aviary, while everyone bent towards him and smiled and listened, and I couldn't help attending to him myself.
- R. s: H6 [; {+ {& C) n  背景介绍:0 ?  k! G: w- A2 T$ K- N) I7 ~9 q
  本篇节选自英国作家格雷厄姆格林(Graham Greene ) (1904-1991) 的The Invisible Japanese Gentlemen。题目的翻译向来是见仁见智, 有的倾向直译,有的倾向意译。过去考虑中国读者的接受能力,多 采用意译;而现在随着国门的打开,译文更强调符合原文,介绍外 国文化,因而趋于直译。此处的“看不(invisible) ”并非指日本 绅士有什么超人的魔法,只是对于专心自己事务、对其他一切一概 不加留意的女主人公而言,他们如同不存在一般。作者旨在通过这 个“视而不见”的插曲刻画女主人公的性格特征并使故事带上了幽 默感。由此可见,《视若无睹》(意译)比《看不见的日本绅士》 (直译)似乎更能起到提纲挈领的作用。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-1 21:14 , Processed in 0.236703 second(s), 21 queries .