QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 88|回复: 0

[考试试题] 英语专业四级词汇与语法全真模拟练习五

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 11:54:21 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  全真模拟试题五
: f4 D, S+ r0 w  1. Nowhere in nature is aluminum found free, owing to its always____with other elements, most commonly with oxygen.
2 L- ?# `& {- z9 @5 v6 y1 |# @  A. being combined B. having combined  C. to combine D. combined
1 Y5 k8 Z5 y( W( w6 V  2. Physics is the presentday equivalent of ____used to be called natural philosophy, from ____ most of present day science arose.
1 _' _2 h, F- u# d+ ]  e# W  A. which, what B. that, which C. what, which D. what, that
( v+ P* E: e) q  3. On no account ____ever leave the baby at home alone.
0 {# m' r8 F2 K, e! j! b  A. should you B. you should C. shall you D. you shall
4 w: @  d) Y9 k; p  4. ____the center of our planetary system was considered as heresy by the church in the Middle Ages.$ g# @5 D7 F/ f; d; I$ i, Y- I$ K3 P
  A. It is the sun and not the earth B. That the sun and not the earth4 o7 Z. p$ q- F- o
  C. Being the sun and not the earth D. The sun and not the earth/ M) ~3 |+ _$ _( x9 G
  5. The reason that his property was confiscated by the country, it ____, was that he was involved in a lot of fraudulent activities during the war.0 M5 K* ^9 i5 g4 S/ K
  A. was turned out B. was being turned out C. being turned out D. turned out0 u5 E, q# \: ~9 y4 t6 }! ^
  6. I’d rather you ____by train because the weather forecast said there would be heavy snow tomorrow.! M2 f8 I  g+ V" b
  A. went B. should go C. will go D. go
- A6 H) A6 ]! v/ Z' \2 ]/ r  7. Einstein won the Nobel Prize in 1921 and enjoyed great fame in Germany until the rise of Nazism ____he was expelled from Germany because he was a Jew.
' T7 w" L, J, r1 d: E  A. when B. who C. then D. which
$ B4 w5 K0 M: r4 L5 L  8. Nowhere but in the remotest region of the country ____find a place to settle down.4 d$ \( L" C3 f4 Y/ o0 w# _
  A. can he B. he can C. he D. for him to4 D8 W! d4 p2 K% E8 ?' s
  9. With one leg broken in that car accident, he cannot even walk,____run.; g! S. J0 g" w! a4 [
  A. let alone B. that’s to say  C. not to speak D. not to mention$ l1 a9 y( a; J' V( a$ X
  10.____, she led a life of complete seclusion.
3 L3 z; Y! u8 g4 C- r& a4 h  A. Being disgraced B. Disgraced C. Disgracing D. She was disgraced: E! g$ Y6 J& X$ l* l4 o
  11. Sometimes a bus ____gets on the bus to check the tickets.
$ B# j+ }/ n! w3 K, O) ]  A. agent B. officer C. conductor D. inspector
4 U* [3 e4 S6 z  12. He made a quick ____from his illness.
: l  Z* O/ u8 r/ c/ [0 y  A. relief B. recovery C. survival D. relaxation/ @, Q, d) U& S+ A; M% U& e* V
  13.____the stress of examinations are over, we can all relax.0 n! V: X( U& Y- v
  A. While B. Even though C. Now that D. For* O( {0 C+ Z. N1 O
  14. My cousin Nancy is often in a poisonous mood; I suppose it’s because she is ____child.
, C( m+ b4 V. j6 `# i, B: Q, `   A. one B. a lone C. a single D. an only
- f! P( ], q4 Z2 i6 E  15.____the factors already referred to, people sometimes feel insecure because their motives are misunderstood by others.
- X1 ^4 `4 Z3 }& R' M  A. But for B. Except for C. Apart from D. Except that: J. _  q8 }+ n& [  @! y+ R/ F) m4 `
  16. If the scheme is ____carried out without waste of time or energy I shall be completely satisfied.
6 f' {; ?. H0 B8 \- [, m  A.relatively B. noticeably  C. appropriately D. efficiently
* `& c* s, Z# n! s+ H/ k  17. One day we all may find it useful to have a(n) ____for sending documents, writing any pictures across the telephone lines.
5 u9 U2 y6 V8 j% K4 i& A+ g& `6 [  A. receiver B. echo C. extension D. facility, X5 `: m# q2 v  Q; E& I8 M# r
  18. To their credit the Department of Energy ____these ideas and funded a detailed study.
- n9 \; O- m/ w% \9 X  A. took over B. took on C. took up D. took to
# M2 `5 E7 q0 B$ x  19. Feeling that she was in the right, she took ____at the dirty remark.
! l) @7 W9 ^1 b5 o/ y3 n3 h6 x  A. protection B. offense C. defense D. guard
; \! F5 x5 e( h& @: N  20. They agreed to share in common any ____of funds after all expenses were paid in full.
% \- j# {# _+ R$ k* L' b0 D  A. sufficiency B. surpass C. excess D. surplus/ A. B6 D' i+ q+ Z2 \2 k% b: k# K* @
  21. He was ____her in intelligence.
2 V% _" w/ X7 c7 b& c  A. below B. under C. beneath D. down
. b! @9 s- a: {* a  22. It took a lot of imagination to come up with such an ____ plan.
$ w8 Q2 L, K, Z+ V' }2 R  A. bright B. clever C. brilliant D. ingenious
. E3 \6 b" o; p  23. In the refining process, rice and flour lose much of their ____.& X$ q* i: a) d6 A; n& w- _. ?
  A. acid B. alcohol C. vitamin D. sulphur  D0 p3 E" Z1 o3 D6 F" I. `
  24. Individual lines of the poem were very beautiful, but I didn’t see how the lines fit together. To me, the poem wasn’t ____.
) X0 l  i: s, Q- e, i1 O( u  A. inherent B. coherent C. logical D. corporate$ K! }$ l2 \5 G8 M
  25. To an especially sensitive child, a simple scolding can be a ____experience.  E0 K/ V8 D$ W
  A. hysterical B. grievous C. gracious D. sensible
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-8 09:27 , Processed in 0.214454 second(s), 21 queries .