立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 145|回复: 0

[考试试题] 英语专业八级模拟试题二在线练习-2

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 11:54:21 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
The following passage contains ten errors .Each line contains a maximum of one error. In each case only one word is involved. You should proofread the passage and correct it in the following way: 3 @. A  ~5 `. i2 }1 v/ i  C
For a wrong word: underline the wrong word and write the correct one in the blank provided at the end of the line. ' I  J7 K- l9 v
For a missing word: mark the position of the missing word with a "^" sign and write the word you believe to be missing in the blank provided at the end of the line. & G/ E7 m# T+ K. z, e! g+ ^3 x* n
For an unnecessary word: cross the unnecessary word with a slash "/" and put the word in the blank provided at the end of the line. # [/ r& [' u- o; m
One important outcome of the work on the expression of genes in developing embryos is sure to be knowledge that can help preventing birth defects. Just as promising
9 _4 s& B4 }& t( R' R% I7 x(26) $ ~- V+ e; ]3 L/ e
is the possibility of unraveling the complicated writing
  A5 X; b% {0 X8 N(27) : g7 b+ y# L8 W: L. K4 g
of the brain. A mechanic gets valuable insight how an ( R. L1 m! V4 x+ _1 W/ \& A+ G
(28) & d3 N* l8 }) L& P# A4 c. n1 G/ s& y2 }
automobile works by rebuilding car engines; similarly,
0 F, N3 u$ F" H# F4 ^neuroscientists can learn how the brain functions from ) `2 a+ F& l' E( R% J/ J4 B
(29) 8 E8 c. y0 X$ c0 d' i
the way it is put together. The next step pursuing the
6 ^5 Z7 x( L" V& |(30) 3 y- V  ^+ X5 |$ s7 t
goal is to find out how the blueprint genes, the home box
! e" l( I( K1 `- ogenes, control the expression of other genes that create the
6 n6 q6 a7 V! Q" V! Q. Hvalves and piston of the working cerebral engine. The % {  u) r; U9 R0 t
protein encoded by the latter genes could change the
' R7 ~. r4 ~: z( l+ @! N+ L(31) + ?0 E, P1 Y1 Q; W, S0 o' d( H8 ?5 X
stickiness of the cell surface, the shape of the cell or its 8 R5 B8 U) b6 E2 p/ P
metabolism to create the characteristic peculiar to, say,
& n& m4 p: _6 j  ?6 Eneurons or neural-crest cell. Surface proteins may be the , T# ]; Q2 g$ U' P2 m7 R$ }4 C
(32) ( f5 N* V7 w8 A, K
mechanism, whereby similar programmed cells stick
" v( k0 B3 u9 ]7 E2 p( ?% _together to form specific structures; they might also sense ) O0 @* V1 a7 X. v* J) b
(33) 8 Q; i# e7 e2 r+ B/ ]: o4 {
the local environment to help the cell decide what is to do.
9 J7 F. Y6 c6 ]. nClarifying those mechanisms will engage the best talents in
; v5 y" V: o, L+ P(34) $ @& V: W- t7 ^: L
embryology and molecular biology for some times to come. 2 s& F5 ~2 n2 B' p& p; R8 P
(35) . i1 L# l/ U' M8 R
What is perhaps the most intriguing question of all is if the ' L  j( e" o( r: [# v# E
brain is powerful enough to solve the puzzle of its own creation
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-4 20:45 , Processed in 0.178625 second(s), 21 queries .