QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 98|回复: 0

[考试试题] 英语专业八级模拟试题二在线练习-1

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 11:54:21 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
PART II PROOFREADING & ERROR CORRECTION 0 v- }2 s, n# I) W4 n) [& G
The following passage contains TEN errors. Each indicated line contains a maximum of ONE error. In each case, only ONE word is involved. You should proof-read the passage and correct it in the following way: 3 {6 ~- \9 y6 {. ?
For a wrong word, underline the wrong word and write the correct one in the blank provided at the end of the line.
6 N4 ~0 B+ E) }0 j3 YFor a missing word, mark the position of the missing word with a "/\" sign and write the word you believe to be missing in the blank provided at the end of the line.
/ z& y* \1 C( n/ D* lFor an unnecessary word, cross the unnecessary word with a slash "/" and put the word in the blank provided at the end of the line. ( W6 |7 s/ k5 @% u* }2 q
Classic Intention Movement
" r9 j) E% a, [7 L5 v: C+ R7 ]9 oIn social situations, the classic Intention Movement is "the chair-grasp". Host and guest have been talking for some time, but now the host has an appointment to keep and can get away. His urge
$ T6 a1 T: `( K( k( ](1) # q; ~' e0 ^! t" [4 U3 z
to go is held in check by his desire not be rude to his guest. If he 2 f3 ]* V2 n: V( a# p7 P
(2)
2 P" m$ A( I$ ]  k" V) G, jdid not care of his guests feelings he would simply get up out of ; F6 e7 ~; o* D9 Z! j% H/ k
(3) 3 e- n/ U1 N) S; R/ v1 Y2 ?- C6 u
his chair and to announce his departure. This is what his body
! H; Q9 T8 r6 @. o- y* O6 o(4) 2 s2 W1 N" p* B
wants to do, therefore his politeness glues his body to the chair ) k. z4 A  w# ^/ Q, T  ^. T
(5)
$ Z; p. p: M5 O, }. \" Hand refuses to let him raise. It is at this pint that he performs & l$ f1 q: \; s
(6) % o! S& K- ]" t) }( y; b
the chair as about to push himself upwards. This is the first act " ]# e& N* ~/ A$ Z1 h" f1 J
(7) 3 @6 P: e# R; N: V0 p! O8 P8 j
he would make if he were rising. If he were not hesitating, it
1 a4 f' }/ |$ Q, D1 \) A+ _(8)
8 A3 ?0 c* a+ z6 _/ i  awould only last a fraction of the second. He would learn, push, # T$ z- @# h5 I6 i
(9) ) O) u% u7 d- ]2 m6 w
rise, and be up. But now, instead, it lasts much longer. He
1 y3 h$ F" }+ D5 w7 k3 _2 `holds his "readiness-to-rise" post and keeps on holding it. It is as
3 Q( f& h$ A( h0 U- G0 O(10)
  w2 p9 t3 D2 |if his body had frozen at the get-ready moment.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-4 23:21 , Processed in 0.375271 second(s), 21 queries .