QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 86|回复: 0

[PETS一级] 2012年公共英语考试一级阅读材料(2)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 12:18:29 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
2012年公共英语考试一级阅读材料(2)5 l$ `5 u8 l: p3 {  _
It is never easy to admit you are in the wrong. Being human, we all need to know the art of apologizing. Look back with honesty and think how often you have judged roughly, you said unkind things, and pushed yourself ahead at the expense of a friend. Then count the occasions when you indicated clearly and truly that you were so sorry. A bit frightening, isn’t it? It is frightening, isn’t it? It is frightening because some deep wisdom in us knows that when even a small wrong has been committed, some mysterious moral feeling is disturbed; and it stays out of balance until fault is acknowledged and regret expressed.
& ?9 _$ T- o' N/ Q' V4 r# ^4 @0 U  A heartfelt apology can not only heal a damaged relationship but also make it stronger. If you can think of someone who deserves an apology from you, someone you have wronged, or judged too roughly, or just neglected, do something about it right now.
2 r0 q% i! G# g9 ?% x! G. p$ p0 o9 ^  Useful Words and Expressions:3 _8 G: \. `* q/ G
  1. push ahead 捉紧进行
& H- f4 _9 I+ w6 V( y& S  2. at the expense of 在损害……的情况下3 d/ |% {/ ?; E9 {/ c; J0 {2 @
  3. mysterious神秘的www.ExamW.CoM
% J% i  f3 M( [* i  4. moral 道德的
7 d. p) y, |% k1 J  5. disturbed 扰乱的
3 Q5 t- K* S6 x4 O' ^  6. stay out of 不参与……,置身于……之外
: u& h& O! k" P% u6 f( N; t  7. heartfelt 衷心的,真心真意的/ Q; |( ^% Z. e; y2 s# ^) A
  8. roughly粗糙地,概略地
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-29 18:04 , Processed in 0.349005 second(s), 21 queries .