立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 353|回复: 1

[考试试题] 公共英语等级考试:PETS一级模拟题(语法)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 12:23:44 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
 Part Ⅴ GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY [15 MIN.]   There are twenty-five items in this section. Beneath each sentence there are four words or phrases marked A, B, C and D. Choose one that best completes the sentence.
, l; C/ _6 g9 e! U( E9 q$ n. u3 ?* r+ V  Mark your answers on your answer sheet.
/ v6 f# ?8 x4 j( v' {# w* _9 D
: i/ \+ u  G4 v4 o  41.That trumpet player was certainly loud. But I wasn’t bothered by his loudness ____ by his lack of talent. + S# s- P2 g. j6 S  F
  A. so much as B. rather than C. as D. than . O9 t+ R, _+ V4 }$ Q7 j  b. P* ^
  42.____, I’ll marry him all the same.
8 D4 W2 ~3 X4 ^" F& v, P  A. Was he rich or poor B. Whethere rich or poor + a! V4 ]5 {3 r0 Y2 U
  C. Were he rich or poor D. Be he rich or poor
0 z- q0 ~4 o8 k8 H5 m! a  43.The government has promised to do ____ lies in its power to ease the hardships of the victims in the flood-stricken area.
% c# m  }: D: l- l1 l$ `  A. however B. whichever C. whatever D. wherever 3 F% b0 |( x6 ~" }! C$ r
  44.____ if I had arrived yesterday without letting you know beforehand?
+ l, V! c. S! J) t: D8 |: I  A. Would you be surprised B. Were you surprised 6 o% z# m8 M5 r( ~; S, u3 @: V0 h
  C. Had you been surprised D. Would you have been surprised & l1 x  i- h4 V: I5 g! i
  45.If not ____ with the respect he feels due to him, Jack gets very ill-tempered and grumbles all the time. - f8 o4 G& v, i. T& t3 {
  A. being treated B. treated / Z/ F6 K$ m4 n' m5 `
  C. be treated D. having been treated 5 ~2 `* w1 B$ ?; Q
  46.It is imperative that students ____ their term papers on time. ( m; d; I4 c& H9 Z
  A. hand in B. would hand in : V4 j/ P* D# j: N) I! Q
  C. have to hand in D. handed in . n4 E( x3 X5 ]3 L4 P
  47.The less the surface of the ground yields to the weight of a fully-loaded truck, ____ to the truck. 8 r1 i2 m7 n1 p7 W
  A. the greater stress is B. greater is the stress
6 h6 {7 O" z9 @0 W, o5 c, L  C. the stress is greater D. the greater the stress 1 D, Y  L9 s% e$ M# \
  48.The Minister of Finance is believed ____ of imposing new taxes to raise extra revenue.
% U: c4 w6 t5 {$ O" T, K4 V  A. that he is thinking B. to be thinking
9 `% G& ]$ W! T7 c  C. that he is to think D. to think 3 N8 K4 W+ Q- b5 [
  49.Issues of price, place, promotion, and product are ____ conventional concerns in planning marketing strategies.
  p% T( k6 ?; o: [. S  A. these of the most B. most of those / v$ v5 D4 J+ e) ^$ v
  C. among the most D. among the many of 3 n) K# i4 Y8 C  l
  50.____ both sides accept the agreement ____ a lasting peace be established in this region. . K1 s1 g  W) {# D$ a$ w, @
  A. Only if, will B. If only, would ! o2 K3 X, A$ Q) n) ]
  C. Should, will D. Unless, would
) e- P1 S) ?, ~  51.Mr Wells, together with all the members of his family, ____ for Europe this afternoon. $ V. S) {' M/ z: M, l! y
  A. are to leave B. are leaving C. is leaving D. leave
4 z! S$ @, Z; g  52.It was suggested that all government ministers should ____ information on their financial interests.
3 q6 r, G- T8 H, o3 \: |; Q' \  A. discover B. uncover C. tell D. disclose
7 C' ?% {' p+ D: I; a% w7 o  53.As my exams are coming next week, I’ll take advantage of the weekend to ____ on some reading.
; e- Z" g: C- l' @$ V2 z5 X  A. catch up B. clear up C. make up D. pick up
+ o; c, i* Y0 G1 I( a) B9 q  54.I’m surprised they are no longer on speaking terms. It’s not like either of them to bear a ____. , t- [! ?. H: D/ Q7 z; N8 W
  A. disgust B. curse C. grudge D. hatred 4 D6 U" y. f# ?
  55.Mary hopes to be ____ from hospital next week.
# F2 |# N8 s2 ?6 D  A. dismissed B. discharged C.expelled D. resigned * I& H2 D0 h  c/ y2 o
  56.Once a picture is proved to be a forgery, it becomes quite ____.
" x$ L6 [3 Q$ i9 P5 J$ ?' p; C  A. invaluable B. priceless C. unworthy D.worthless
0 k) D/ U5 E) d" _, j( q3 g  57.Jimmy earns his living by ____ works of art in the museum. ( j1 L; P. i% ~5 I2 L- Y& }& S! }
  A. recovering B. restoring C. renewing D. reviving ) G) m0 m& }& ~! |" s
  58.I couldn’t sleep last night because the tap in the bathroom was ____. ) G$ v; d6 e4 v$ |4 T9 [+ Y
  A. draining B. dropping C. spilling D. dripping
# y" F7 t) F* Z' [; s% P# v4 E  59.The book gives a brief ____ of the course of his research up till now.
' {) U6 m( z" _# ]4 x1 N: n3 C  A. outline B. reference C. frame D. outlook
: {2 f( U- R1 |$ `: }  60.She was sanding outside in the snow, ____ with cold. * a8 R: e& I$ `! w
  A. spinning B. shivering C. shaking D. staggering
7 i& T8 T+ C; s7 g7 f  61.All the rooms on the second floor have nicely ____ carpets, which are included in the price of the house.
& L3 ?# w/ l+ C2 Q  E  A. adapted B. equipped C. suited D. fitted
7 v: ~  ~1 @- l7 J2 E, U* z  62.He plays tinnis to the ____ of all other sports.
' O6 d! Z5 l4 C* E- T% E$ D  A. eradication B. exclusion C. extension D. inclusion
: k. P0 H' z- a5 H% y5 D6 V: R1 J+ L! p  63.She answered with an ____ “No” to the request that she attend the public hearing. - R7 O. f# C4 Q
  A. eloquent B. effective C. emotional D. emphatic 3 H( m7 [' k% I: L. v
  64.Everyone who has visited the city agrees that it is ____ with life. $ Q" {/ A2 [. B) I! T5 i1 {& H6 ]
  A. vibrant B. violent C. energetic D. full 0 y' ]' s+ K% T/ d& q& S0 X3 T
  65.We met Mary and her husband at a party two months ago. ____ we’ve had no further communication.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-14 12:23:45 | 显示全部楼层

公共英语等级考试:PETS一级模拟题(语法)

A. Thereof B. Thereby C. Thereafter D. Thereabouts</p>  答案$ c: d6 e3 a+ h& \
  41-45 ADCDB  46-50 AABCA  51-55 CDDCB. }+ N6 M  S9 F! c* j, ^, D
  56-60 DBDAB  61-65 DBDAC
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 11:01 , Processed in 0.168809 second(s), 23 queries .