立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 55|回复: 0

[考试试题] 2011年公共英语二级自测试卷四-2

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 12:37:05 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  Good sense is the most equitably distributed thing in the world, for each man considers himself so well provided with it that even those who are most difficult to satisfy in everything else, do not usually wish to have more of it than they have already. It is not likely that everyone is mistaken in this; it shows, rather, that the ability to judge rightly and separate the true from the false, which is essentially what is called good sense or reason, is by nature equal in all men, and thus that our opinions differ not because some men are better provided with reason than others, but only because we direct our thoughts along different paths, and do not consider the same things. For it is not enough to have a good mind; what is most important is to apply it rightly. The greatest souls are capable of the greatest evils, and those who walk very slowly can advance much further, if they always keep to the direct road, than those who run and go astray. And I know of no other qualities than these which make for the perfection of the mind; for as to reason, or good sense, because it alone makes us men and distinguishes us from the beasts, I am quite willing to believe that it is whole and entire in each of us.
+ h1 }( G- O' j, ^) i4 H; [ 60.According to the author, the ability to separate the true from the false is   .   different from man to man 9 i2 Q8 |" k% ?# g
  given by nature to all creatures  ( _* ~4 O9 C5 b2 u
  more heavily present in some persons than in others 1 V" \. F. @2 o. T
  given equally to all persons 
) \; v7 q) z7 V1 `8 C5 D" H1 [4 [! U- `' f4 h! ~$ K. _
61.The author claims that what sets human beings apart from beasts is   .
- H4 D) A) D+ x- ?  the ability to adapt to the surroundings # g1 `. ]- F) P% Z
  the sophisticated human brain 
9 }( z' {4 d  V9 ]  a sense of reason 
1 z2 R5 f; g8 z5 G5 R: `; B* r( e  the ability to create 
4 k3 e0 g$ J5 ~1 k) V+ e- f- [$ `) R  ?; G
62.According to the author, a good sense is   .
' O* X, _7 j. }3 \  the ability to distribute things equally 9 n7 W2 ?: o/ ?7 H, v
  the ability to judge correctly and to distinguish the true from the false 7 I/ M; q2 \8 Q' d7 p
  the ability to always keep to the right direction  6 H5 F8 Y; d; ?) E& l. ?( J: S
  the ability to direct our thoughts along different paths 7 d( j3 g( N& A

3 O. i* Z! }4 n1 M6 a: y+ p 63.By "Good Sense" the author means   .
& c% y' h' Z; |* ^5 W  the power to understand # O* U9 T1 |6 X: E, Q
  good hearing, sight and smelling 9 S: M' C8 Y/ f
  the power to deduce 
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-9 02:00 , Processed in 0.380317 second(s), 21 queries .