立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 41|回复: 0

[考试试题] 2011年公共英语二级自测试卷五-1

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 12:37:05 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Started in 1636, Harvard University is the oldest of all the colleges and universities in the United States. Yale, Princeton, and Dartrnouth were opened soon after Harvard. They were all started before the American Revolution made the thirteen colonies (殖民地) into states.
" ?& T: T  D7 C; u4 G2 `, Z7 s  In the early years, these schools were much alike (相似的). Only young men attended college. All the students studied the same sujects and everyone learned Latin (拉丁的,拉丁语) and Greek (希腊语). Little was known about science then, and one kind of school could teach everything that was known about the world. When the students graduated, most of them became ministers or teachers.
+ A/ {6 j& _- y+ v- E( b1 i  In 1782, Harvard started a medical school for young men who wanted to become doctors. Later, lawyers could receive their training in Harvard law school. In 1825, Harvard began teaching modern languages, such as French and German, as well as Latin and Greek. Soon it began teaching American history.
9 P' X# o6 N% U1 s5 x  As knowledge increased, Harvard and other colleges began to teach many new subjects. Students were allowed to choose the subjects that interested them.
, Y- m+ D7 h- j  Special colleges for women were started. New state universities began to teach such subjects as farming, engineering and business. Today, there are many different kinds of colleges and universities. Most of them are divided into smaller schools that deal with special fields of learning. There is so much to learn that one kind of school cannot offer it all.
) S4 t6 W- L4 g: d 72.On the whole the text is about   .+ c0 s0 K4 I, \1 F# r; O$ R3 I
  how colleges have changed ; X- x  |6 j5 K. B+ _8 b
  how to start a university  * f3 t! D; h( p
  the American Revolution ) {  q  O" |" j" U
  the world-famous colleges in America 
: Z, J: {5 Y  B9 p8 ^7 p1 w3 g, k, \% N2 y6 r, V! F+ `
73.As knowledge increased, colleges began to teach   
$ t& j) s; B3 e  Latin and Greek 
7 u( ~% o9 i3 B6 S6 F! v$ u  everything that was known   F/ {! {# {7 y% e" ]7 v  w' ^
  French and German  5 f$ V+ f* ?- y7 B; g" g5 ]
  many new subjects 
  W: t+ Y- M; C; @: j8 Y6 m( v, |+ V, Y
74.Which of the following is TRUE according to the text?
2 S6 [# B9 d! `6 F0 ?8 o  There is more to learn today than in 1636. 
: J. @& a' O7 O7 O9 c- O  They began teaching foreign languages in 1825. 5 P4 D9 x' s/ ?3 X0 K  |# }. y
  Now every student learns Latin and Greek. 
/ B+ x, E; k' z. @5 x5 _  The early schools are still much alike. + r$ d; y6 S' K7 ^+ U' C7 i

* @* v" S) T# I( ^5 \2 I 75.It can be inferred from the text that   .
" j3 Q9 ?6 N8 L. t6 c  all the colleges and universities are the same 
" p8 j+ T$ P* C& P/ L  today all students study to become teachers or ministers  4 K- |0 N7 L' n" G( a( `4 a" M
  various kinds of colleges and universities have been set up to meet the need of the students 
: `  }" }/ `# {8 [& m9 c) S  all the colleges and universities have become smaller than before 
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-17 13:10 , Processed in 0.417982 second(s), 21 queries .