立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 89|回复: 1

[考试试题] 2012年3月公共英语PETS3词汇练习题及答案(10)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 13:09:19 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
1. There are other problems which I don‘t propose to ________ at the moment.  ) y: U& n8 T# a5 F' S1 \& ?
  A) go into B) go around C) go for D) go up  + r1 Q5 D. }" G2 Z! ^6 U' a) G) f
  2. It is quite necessary for a qualified teacher to have good manners and ________ knowledge.  
% t) W# f; p, t  E  A) extensive B) expansive C) intensive D) expensive  ' l% x  [$ D! n2 i
  3. I felt somewhat disappointed and was about to leave, ________ something occurred which attracted my attention.  
+ n4 y3 d8 L) @$ F) A  A) unless B) until C) when D) while  % W& S/ x6 H7 f
  4. A love marriage, however, does not necessarily ________ much sharing of interests and responsibilities.  
! @: n3 ~2 E/ H$ e7 V  A) take over B) result in C) hold on D) keep to  5 _, e( Z: E2 N, o
  5. The ability to store knowledge makes computers different form every other machine ________ invented.  
. W% L( _7 c/ E  A) ever B) thus C) yet D) as  
. J, S1 _* E0 v+ |( |, @  6. I‘m not sure whether I can gain any profit from the investment, so I can’t make a(n) ________ promise to help you.  # M1 e  _# D7 _( N8 \
  A) exact B) defined C) definite D) sure  / V+ L; E. E3 ^- _
  7. The sports meet, originally due to be held last Friday, was finally ________ because of the bad weather.  
, H/ Y; J4 E5 f( C5 ^  A) set off B) broken off C) worn off D) called off  
/ ^1 N9 C4 O9 m6 F! o  ~  8. After the robbery, the shop installed a sophisticate alarm system as an insurance ________ further losses.  & E' N3 V, E! k! g
  A) for B) from C) against D) towards  " b2 p  _; t; _% \
  9. A healthy life is frequently thought to be ________ with the open countryside and homegrown food.  
  L2 G; f( E" `  A) tied B) bound C) involved D) associated  
+ [1 _( C+ @5 S3 V3 `# S( h  z  10. In Britain today women ________ 44% of the workforce, and nearly half the mothers with children are in paid work.  1 x: ^' |6 I* ~4 ]2 u
  A) build up B) stand for C) make up D) conform to  ; F. B8 Y! L& h- b; d% e: \& D
  11. ________ might be expected, the response to the question was very mixed.  % }3 [% Q/ X$ K2 \, T/ c' X: q7 P
  A) As B) That C) It D) What  , u" {% h* G! @
  12. Features such as height, weight, and skin color ________ from individual to individual and from face to face.  0 F( O1 \, {3 i% P+ H
  A) change B) vary C) alter D) convert  # O( _) }# ?& u& Y/ E
  13. I make notes in the back of my diary ________ thing to be mended or replaced.  
0 W" W5 H+ k1 s- x  A) by B) in C) with D) of  
+ H! ~" |* M' U; F  14. A well-written composition ________ good choice of words and clear organization among other things.  
( e0 I3 a* D; m  Y  A) calls on B) calls for C) calls up D) calls off  + L4 e! @$ O) T9 _; F* ^
  15. It has been revealed that some government leaders ________ their authority and position to get illegal profits for themselves.  
  W$ k5 r+ E/ l, a  A) employ B) take C) abuse D) overlook    e9 ~# M' r) y
  16. We were struck by the extent ________ which teachers‘ decisions served the interests of the school rather than those of the students.  
2 e6 T% [! Z# T: w& b  A) to B) for C) in D) with  
, `; t) ?  ~2 M6 Z' T  17. Shelly had prepared carefully for her biology examination so that she could be sure of passing it on her first ________.  / I9 b- ^. Y: K$ j0 N
  A) intention B) attempt C) purpose D) desire  
7 b; H; g: U. P% |  18. The store had to ________ a number of clerks because sales were down.  
3 g7 i" `5 P: \) x: p  A) lay out B) lay off C) lay aside D) lay down  
+ T' Q- D- Y" _. O/ _1 M  19. All the students in this class passed the English exam ________ the exception of Li Ming.  # Y7 |' u2 K0 s# N& y; c; a
  A) on B) in C) for D) with  7 w! m  p6 Z* s  x% _2 W+ @7 i
  20. Writing is a slow process, requiring ________ thought, time, and effort.  
/ B' T/ ^4 l" j- r; D* X! H  A) significant B) considerable C) enormous D) numerous  
( O$ E* z2 _' ]7 K0 J9 E 
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-14 13:09:20 | 显示全部楼层

2012年3月公共英语PETS3词汇练习题及答案(10)

21. Lightning is a ____ of electrical current from a cloud to the ground or from one cloud to another.  4 `) r( e5 Z- i$ R4 J8 V
  A) rush B) rainbow C) rack D) ribbon  : F  `" l2 z8 E/ ?& P/ h
  22. New York ____ second in the production of apples, producing 850,000,000 pounds this year.  * y# v& o2 A( q" r& ^* A+ N+ O$ o0 s
  A) ranked B) occupied C) arranged D) classified  
) ?1 d6 Z2 Y) j7 ^7 h8 [% Z4 q6 w  23. By success I don‘t mean ________ usually thought of when that word is used.  
1 |5 a1 [$ m; R2 R$ l* _5 n  A) what is B) that we C) as you D) all is  ) `. T- t; g* y- Q
  24. I caught a ________ of the taxi before it disappeared around the corner of the street.  % u% y- V! m! u' J2 V, S
  A) vision B) glimpse C) look D) scene  
! N, J% O7 u) n& }5 D- x; r+ d' X  25. Students or teachers can participate in excursions to lovely beaches around the island at regular ________.  
  Q+ w* ^7 K* s% z" p  x  A) gaps B) rate C) length D) intervals  ( \+ p* r  r( \/ o5 I& r6 V3 F- ?1 ~
  26. Physics is ________ to the science which was called natural philosophy in history.  & x& R. f% E) L# y9 q& r
  A) alike B) equivalent C) likely D) uniform  : }! ^2 ^  j+ c1 E/ x' _
  27. The new appointment of our president ________ from the very beginning of next semester.  ! d6 L* }6 ]+ _! w4 F
  A) takes effect B) takes part C) takes place D) takes turns  
& s8 M' o  p+ V7 Y( W9 n  28. The president made a ________ speech at the opening ceremony of the sports meeting, which encouraged the sportsmen greatly.  
# E, Y$ r4 h5 Z  A) vigorous B) tedious C) flat D) harsh  
7 v& N9 u8 W. b3 i- h  29. It is useful to be able to predict the extent ________ which a price change will affect supply and demand.    d1 w% R# q1 i# m
  A) from B) with C) to D) for  3 H- _! [' W) n
  30. Finding a job in such a big company has always been ________ his wildest dreams.  
' I3 t' `0 ]5 ~9 {* t# ^  A) under B) over C) above D) beyond " F+ j) x" C5 V/ x# ?/ A: w* d
  KEY:1-5 AACBA 6-10 CDCDC 11-15 ABDBC 16-20 ABBDB 21-25 AAABD 26-30 BAACD
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 09:03 , Processed in 0.482222 second(s), 23 queries .