立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 123|回复: 0

[考试试题] 2012年3月公共英语PETS3词汇练习题及答案(12)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 13:09:19 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
1. The car ________ halfway for no reason.  
7 {7 P+ ]% W- y  A) broke off B) broke down C) broke up D) broke out  
3 Q5 E! B: Y( l5 c) ]3 H$ L; r  2. The newcomers found it impossible to ________ themselves to the climate sufficiently to make permanent homes in the new country.  
( |6 A5 C  B7 s  A) suit B) adapt C) regulate D) coordinate  
$ q1 \! B. B  f4 u/ H" M  3. A ________ to this problem is expected to be found before long.  
( l0 ]1 ]% e: R! `8 x' {; b. j  A) result B) response C) settlement D) solution  : V/ ?+ f& P0 c& T$ u& [5 f# T2 e
  4. You have nothing to ________ by refusing to listen to our advice.  
- C& t( R0 k; p* Y& S$ F  A) gain B) grasp C) seize D) earn  2 T7 y3 J2 q  {. B( t( W
  5. As a result of careless washing the jacket ________ to a child‘s size.  + `5 |# p# ^; n5 x
  A) compressed B) shrank C) dropped D) decreased  
* E) c+ j% P/ |  6. He hoped the firm would ________ him to the Paris branch.  
% r+ A$ M; z# Q! v" k5 {3 j  A) exchange B) transmit C) transfer D) remove  
/ O7 U1 g5 g$ Z0 x- u# o: C  7. Having decided to rent a flat, we ____ contacting all the accommodation agencies in the city.  * x: T8 Q( }5 _) T/ v7 |# J
  A) set about B) set down C) set out D) set up  
9 C3 Z2 Z) g- k$ I. r) U  8. The relationship between employers and employees has been studied ________.  
$ p. m' N( {* L+ ]+ c- N- b  A) originally B) extremely C) violently D) intensively  
' l/ q0 ^" O+ k# J# T, a  9. ________ their differences. The couple were developing an obvious and genuine affection for each other.  
6 }& Q) U  h* v: D  A) But for B) For all C) Above all D) Except for  ; H" |# _! l8 ]3 |4 o
  10. One day I ________ a newspaper article about the retirement of an English professor at a nearby state college.  
& F0 w7 w" q- [% a/ a0 g  A) came across B) came about C) came after D) came at  
- I: T& e: L: K2 E7 M, W  11. She was complaining that the doctor was ____ too much for the treatment he was giving her.  9 H0 a5 Z8 J: |
  A) expending B) offering C) costing D) charging  
5 R8 `8 n8 v+ _# u$ T) }  12. The manager spoke highly of such ________ as loyalty, courage and truthfulness shown by his employees.  & O6 I1 \) |$ Y1 \8 o4 m  b) f
  A) virtues B) features C) properties D) characteristics  
# R5 z! f% i& q+ m+ M  13. Since the matter was extremely ________, we dealt with it immediately.  ( o  y% O) P" Q3 g' y
  A) tough B) tense C) urgent D) instant  9 V0 r# U7 }  Z$ N0 x
  14. The shy girl felt ____ and uncomfortable when she could not answer her teacher‘s questions.  
  ~# @  S' y5 k  A) amazed B) awkward C) curious D) amused  ( C7 A4 z* f7 x( w  g1 x5 J/ Q
  15. Frequently single-parent children ________ some of the functions that the absent adult in the house would have served.  
( @3 `5 A# d' P+ X  A) take off B) take after C) take in D) take on  
# V5 Y5 f; v' b5 a) _) n& [  16. A peculiarly pointed chin is his most memorable facial ________.  ) D5 S! }; g. J+ d( x3 M) Q
  A) mark B) feature C) trace D) appearance  ) l6 r9 d" W- S" w; d$ v6 u+ W- R
  17. John Dewey believed that education should be a preparation for life, that a person learns by doing, and that teaching must ________ the curiosity and creativity of children.  
' W6 \9 _7 F' P% K  A) seek B) stimulate C) shape D) secure  , R% N5 d# W" ~" p& p: Y
  18. Criticism and self-criticism is necessary ______ it helps us to find and correct our mistakes.  1 }* m+ [1 K- s' `9 N; w6 Y
  A) by that B) at that C) on that D) in that  ( i& B& m6 K1 f$ B! t
  19. However, at times this balance in nature is ________, resulting in a number of possibly unforeseen effects.  1 y1 g8 P3 s7 K* ~8 P# B: \8 ?5 [
  A) troubled B) disturbed C) confused D) puzzled    |- O- G. r! R2 o6 G
  20. The patient‘s health failed to such an extent that he was put into ________ care.  
( @$ u/ X6 D4 ~1 J# U# J$ \6 C  A) tense B) rigid C) intensive D) tight  
$ e" i7 _5 K) Z7 V" _0 _  21. Does everyone on earth have an equal right ________ an equal share of its resources?  5 N: A7 ?8 H+ d% U  a
  A) by B) at C) to D) over  
5 [4 l6 k0 \$ E$ ?0 v# j' L  22. In 1914, an apparently insignificant event in a remote part of Eastern Europe ________ Europe into a great war.  3 j4 B2 q9 n' T% s) n3 R
  A) inserted B) imposed C) pitched D) plunged  
' p, G, J0 |$ J% d: l2 Z  23. The British are not so familiar with different cultures and other ways of doing things, ________ is often the case in other countries.  
8 |5 D( m' s5 @2 v4 }7 q1 u' {  A) as B) what C) so D) that  
+ d2 c: R) c3 o4 R% `+ B9 M# S  24. We had to ________ a lot of noise when the children were at home.  
# i7 v( h5 i, X, C) t  [3 p  A) go in for B) hold on to C) put up with D) keep pace with  ' s) X  j5 w+ s: y) `
  25. What he said just now had little to do with the question ________ discussion.  
/ q* {7 a: E+ t1 t  A) on B) in C) under D) at  
8 c6 M& x$ g, a7 Q8 [  26. Over a third of the population was estimated to have no ________ to the health service.  
! ?! M4 X1 C% d# Y+ v4 ]  A) assessment B) assignment C) exception D) access  
5 X/ l- V6 u8 H; P' W" L; g  27. Professor Taylor‘s talk has indicated that science has a very strong ________ on the everyday life of non-scientists as well as scientists.  
  x9 B" @- H0 f! I4 s) U  A) motivation B) perspective C) impression D) impact  6 \5 y: U& N. o1 n
  28. These goods are _______ for export, though a few of them may be sold on the home market.  
8 z" S- R+ |* I  A) essentially B) completely C) necessarily D) remarkably  4 L' I5 c" z8 x) |4 _
  29. The shy girl felt ____ and uncomfortable when she could not answer her teacher‘s questions.  
, k+ u& H% f* B% u  A) amazed B) awkward C) curious D) amused  
: v8 u; a6 C! L( a6 B0 D# O) M  30. Frequently single-parent children ________ some of the functions that the absent adult in the house would have served.  
4 y8 B/ S% {' g' }) O& O" s  A) take off B) take after C) take in D) take on
$ E& Q9 a5 m; c( L) \0 u) ^  KEY:1-5 BCADB 6-10 ADACC 11-15 CDBBD 16-20 BBDBC 21-25 CDACC 26-30 DCABD
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-23 10:20 , Processed in 0.560257 second(s), 21 queries .