立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 61|回复: 0

[考试试题] 2012年3月公共英语PETS3词汇练习题及答案(11)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 13:09:19 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
1. It is not easy to learn English well, but if you ________, you will succeed in the end.  
& M7 C5 w/ ]  c/ m" H2 F  A) hang up B) hang about C) hang on D) hang onto  - `* _7 ]4 [5 o4 h
  2. Last year the advertising rate ________ by 20 percent.  4 J, t3 P1 ^4 k7 C
  A) raised B) aroused C) arose D) rose  
/ `6 L6 ~/ d) _2 p+ w  3. The strong storm did a lot of damage to the coastal villages: several fishing boats were ________ and many houses collapsed.  
* c7 ~7 z0 E# Z1 b, v# g5 Q  A) wrecked B) spoiled C) torn D) injured  3 X! W4 ]. ]1 q- t) f  q2 j
  4. The manager lost his ________ just because his secretary was ten minutes late.  1 \- O( j4 E: H. R
  A) mood B) temper C) mind D) passion  
9 F! o1 R* o- |/ a  5. Please be careful when you are drinking coffee in case you ________ the new carpet.  5 W, l0 ?$ i/ ]- n( G# b5 I
  A) crash B) pollute C) spot D) stain  
' X9 h/ b. ]/ }; w  6. Convenience foods which are already prepared for cooking are ________ in grocery stores.  # f  A# S! i2 j0 \3 R0 E' Z
  A) ready B) approachable C) probable D) available  $ n) c' b+ F7 }2 U
  7. Some old people don‘t like pop songs because they can’t ________ so much noise.  
) X. c2 ^* z4 |+ v( H9 u  A) resist B) sustain C) tolerate D) undergo  
1 k( S: ~2 @* z2 G4 r" ^  8. ______ one time, Manchester was the home of the most productive cotton mills in the world.    G: p' x  I' d6 H. T9 ^! h
  A) On B) By C) At D) Of  . W- c- C, ~4 {5 K: c0 c" s
  9. Mr. Morgan can be very sad ________, though in public he is extremely cheerful.  
" q7 b, Z$ M. Z* j0 n, F. P  A) by himself B) in person C) in private D) as individual  3 f, J" U9 ~& w2 V3 `7 S/ |9 a
  10. The medicine is on sale everywhere. You can get it at ________ chemist‘s.  
" }0 L& r. c% I  A) each B) some C) certain D) any  
. z1 p$ D+ f% y( W5 S2 O  11. You cannot be ________ careful when you drive a car.  / q5 \6 e  g: }5 P+ E3 _
  A) very B) so C) too D) enough  ' }1 W: i5 P1 ?. F; x
  12. In general, the amount that a student spends for housing should be held to one-fifth the total ________ for living expenses.  
  n/ @% z+ y* q. E+ ?  A) acceptable B) available C) advisable D) applicable  
* j( ^  T# v, h% G7 c: e  13. Every man in this country has the right to live where he wants to ______ the color of his skin.  6 u! \; n, h* Z
  A) with the exception of B) in the light of  
' E! k) z: k$ n- d& h& C) a  C) by virtue of D) regardless of  
# z/ b+ o3 I1 v* D" j  14. Housewives who do not go out to work feel they are not working to their full ________.  
; t$ h0 M. L# Z, L- z7 Z! |! u3 f  A) capacity B) strength C) length D) possibility  
: D7 O6 c6 h2 Z9 t$ F- C  W) F  15. I hate people who ________ the end of a film that you haven‘t seen before.  " R1 j3 a3 H* }8 T  @; Y
  A) reveal B) rewrite C) revise D) reverse  1 n7 q1 ~! E3 x2 J5 R& W
  16. He‘s watching TV? He’s ________ to be cleaning his room.  
" i7 \3 X) `% v, [% O5 |  A) known B) supposed C) regarded D) considered  
1 N3 [$ h# J! L  17. The old couple decided to ________ a boy and a girl though they had three of their own.  5 }4 Z6 m7 p+ R, _4 r
  A) adapt B) bring C) receive D) adopt  
  M* B; H2 l4 K- O) ?) t" L6 S  18. The government is trying to do something to ________ better understanding between the two countries.  & Z9 [1 S( b1 O
  A) raise B) promote C) heighten D) increase  ! e, M" P& j' G0 E, B& @
  19. The newspaper did not mention the ________ of the damage caused by the fire.  - s: h5 b& o, j" j8 F8 u
  A) range B) level C) extent D) quantity  
) r1 {) N( s6 x/ z  20. The soldier was ________ of running away when the enemy attacked.  1 W) q" [) @/ U5 ^% n  L2 e
  A) scolded B) charged C) accused D) punished  
+ J/ E( I4 J8 L: s3 ^/ Q  21. Studies show that the things that contribute most to a sense of happiness cannot be bought, ________ a good family life, friendship and work satisfaction.  8 }# }+ _+ `' |' I9 }" ]
  A) as for B) in view of C) in case of D) such as  3 P7 r3 w7 o% Z$ H$ H
  22. He will agree to do what you require ________ him.  ' \1 \: ]8 Y2 p
  A) of B) from C) to D) for  
; a' N' c0 u2 n5 `* t  23. ________ that my head had cleared, my brain was also beginning to work much better.  
3 k1 M9 |1 ]. W' p0 ^  Q  A) For B) Now C) Since D) Despite  
; ]5 |1 b) A+ p  24. By 1929, Mickey Mouse was as popular ________ children as Coca-Cola.  ( \' u+ z& L6 E" o  W3 A3 ^9 z. f3 x
  A) for B) in C) to D) with  * v! i  d3 s4 u1 D( ~+ |
  25. Because Edgar was convinced of the accuracy of this fact, he ________ his opinion.  
8 p8 \! X' M! v! `4 j  A) struck at B) stove for C) stuck to D) stood for  
4 m  z5 s0 O# J. ~- z  }) B& D  26. You should have been more patient ________ that customer; I‘m sure that selling him the watch was a possibility.  
8 ]& N; T1 W1 C% |, S9 h5 M& ?  A) of B) with C) for D) at  ( Z4 h4 `9 v1 J7 m+ _
  27. ________ he works hard, I don‘t mind when he finishes the experiment.  
' s7 a; v. G$ S5 b: i3 p9 X0 b  A) As soon as B) As well as C) So far as D) So long as  3 m0 Q) L% t* V! s) e: [' s$ F* _
  28. We love peace, yet we are not the kind of people to yield ________ any military threat.  
' ^% a0 c5 ^  i! j" q6 m  A) up B) to C) in D) at  
, V3 b5 a/ X6 m  29. Which sport has the most expenses ________ training equipment, players‘ personal equipment and uniforms?  % ^1 b' m) |5 V1 h
  A) in place of B) in terms of C) by means of D) by way of  
) J  l3 A, I, J- r- y* b  30. I‘m sure he is up to the job ________ he would give his mind to it.  * |+ J  j8 A# m
  A) if only B) in case C) until D) unless ) y5 Q  f/ z# I3 b0 p* e+ W' [
  KEY:1-5 CDABD 6-10 DCCCD 11-15 CBDAA 16-20 BDBCC 21-25 DABDC 26-30 BDBBA
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 09:31 , Processed in 0.228000 second(s), 21 queries .