立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 87|回复: 0

[考试试题] 2012年3月公共英语PETS3词汇练习题及答案(19)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 13:09:19 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
1. Many people lost their jobs during the business ________.  7 L+ m( {& |; ?. `! m
  A) desperation B) decrease C) despair D) depression  ( O  S) H' S, a' w# o1 T
  2. Whenever a big company ________a small one, the product almost always gets worse.  
9 M7 \( y* s4 b, g1 z4 |' a. q5 R  A) gets on with B) cuts down C) takes over D) puts up with  
) f2 h. [& q1 t3 J- C* k  3. Mr. Smith was the only witness who said that the fire was ________.  
% T+ }4 N0 L1 N5 R7 d  b( h) H  A) mature B) deliberate C) meaningful D) innocent  & ?9 ~* t8 N' n" p# ?0 \  H
  4. The beam that is ________ by a laser differs in several ways from the light that comes out of a flashlight.  # z5 |9 u; V, f: b5 y, j
  A) emitted B) transported C) motivated D) translated  
5 m4 N' K5 o2 L/ @  b  5. Modern forms of transportation and communication have done much to ________ the isolation of life in Alaska.  
* t3 |* t7 V$ \, ~  A) break through B) break down C) break into D) break out    n# \. Q1 p9 `
  6. We know through painful experience that freedom is never by the oppressor; it must be ________ by the oppressed.  
) p9 [9 G) q* {  A) demanded B) commanded C) required D) requested  0 Y) m) S/ s+ `" u2 n
  7. Color and sex are not relevant ________ whether a person is suitable for the job.  
* v% Q5 h9 }8 F) N/ n4 A7 ?  A) on B) for C) to D) with  
5 P6 w+ U) ~' @( C1 E7 ^  8. ________ the enormous flow of food from the entire globe, these countries have for many years not felt any population pressure.  
* O/ p1 M5 Z6 v4 D) U  A) Thanks to B) By means of C) In line with D) With regard to  . q6 c; D' \7 ?1 O
  9. Research universities have to keep up with the latest computer and scientific hardware ________ price.  
8 r+ i+ I& s! v' k  A) on account of B) regardless of C) in addition to D) not to mention  
4 y) d; Z  w& x- k: n5 a7 j  10. Three university departments have been ________ $600,000 to develop good practice in teaching and learning.  ) u3 H8 ?. m* R& L- u' K
  A) promoted B) included C) secured D) awarded  / m/ w% n. q5 |: l- X: l) V
  11. The rapid development of communications technology is transforming the ________ in which people communicate across time and space.  # L: y! i2 Y4 f
  A) mood B) mission C) manner D) vision  ! V' H& ^8 t: j1 ~. T
  12. Mr. Jones holds strong views against video games and ________ the closing of all recreation facilities for  
5 u; E1 m# Q5 y* h9 r! X  such games.  3 E2 l0 ]% P) e- b1 T7 Z( F4 v
  A) assists B) acknowledges C) advocates D) admits  6 D% {9 }5 [4 Z6 I0 [+ J* c
  13. Workers in the fine arts ________ thoughts and feelings through their creative works.  
  z$ V2 b4 f8 J% g# L) ]/ Y  A) transmit B) elaborate C) convey D) contribute  # V2 q( U8 m" [
  14. Finding a job can be __ and disappointing, and therefore it is important that you are prepared.  " \' X) V7 M' W5 b* M5 o" N
  A) exploiting B) frustrating C) profiting D) misleading    L$ B# o- G6 S
  15. It British government often says that furnishing children with ________ to the information superhighway is a top priority.  2 C. M" o: I7 {  o; h
  A) procedure B) protection C) allowance D) access  
9 `4 t* t! }0 b% m  u8 @' `1 w% l  16. Louis Herman, at the University of Hawaii, has ________ a series of new experiments in which some animals have learned to understand sentences.  ' F; n) b- X/ y" G& V% H8 Q9 E
  A) installed B) equipped C) devised D) formatted  
% |# B2 ^$ B6 I! l  17. Researchers at the University of Illinois determined that the ________ of a father can help improve a child‘s grades.  
. h$ z8 \1 @5 h  y3 _- {  A) involvement B) interaction C) association D) communication  . `' W9 J4 t1 ?2 k
  18. We can accept your order ________ payment is made in advance.  
7 }4 R/ }  A7 G5 E6 Y  A) in the belief that B) in order that C) on the excuse that D) on condition that  * i0 L6 i& a+ w7 x! ?" m; a
  19. Many in the credit industry expect that credit cards will eventually ________ paper money for almost every purchase.  
1 B8 {3 ^. y8 k# _, ~: t  A) exchange B) reduce C) replace D) trade  
9 x% _; g' s$ C1 @  20. Any donation you can give will help us ________ the suffering and isolation of the homeless this New Year.  ( F6 z! a' v: ?+ S7 \0 T# A
  A) lift B) patch C) comfort D) ease  ; [# L& G3 d6 t3 ?5 ^0 L" F
  21. In India more than one hundred languages are spoken, ________ which only fourteen are recognized as official.  # A: v$ T" |% P
  A) of B) in C) with D) within  
: h7 k% {. K& ?) L5 _  22. Techniques for ________ sleep would involve learning to control both mind and body so that sleep can occur.  : b1 q0 q' P6 ~. ^% W8 P
  A) cultivating B) promoting C) pushing D) strengthening  
' x, z' {' T! S$ O' G/ j8 G5 e- t  @  23. It is important to ___ between the rules of grammar and the conventions of written language.  2 M6 B+ _/ k" K0 B( ]+ O% s$ J
  A) determine B) identify C) explore D) distinguish  ! Z0 s2 P* x* F- f2 E; l
  24. It is too early to say whether IBM‘s competitors will be able to ________ their products to the new hardware at an affordable cost.  7 s! c; p4 C  {9 J! [8 H
  A) adapt B) stick C) yield D) adopt  
8 F- ^3 N9 i: \4 P5 v. M% r  25. This research has attracted wide coverage in the ________ and has featured on BBC television‘s Tomorrow’s World.  % P) ^# [. l) H. e$ Z/ {/ t
  A) data B) source C) message D) media  
. [- a  M! m. P' m' u  26. I had just posted the letter when I remembered that hadn‘t ________ the cheque.  
; l9 S: ^# t* p( V& E  A) imposed B) involved C) enclosed D) contained  $ s% [% W6 u3 h, R5 V- o
  27. She had a tense expression on her face, ________ she were expecting trouble.  # I% r8 U! R0 F5 d/ g: v! d
  A) even though B) as though C) even as D) now that  / [3 T1 C+ x$ ^
  28. They were ________ admission to the military exhibition because they were foreigners.  
0 A( P  v$ M, u- n  e, r* G$ y4 p  A) denied B) declined C) deprived D) rejected  ! Q0 L, U( j: g- z
  29. It gave me a strange feeling of excitement to see my name in ________.  
! @4 P+ I4 T5 r% q# ]' r  A) prospect B) print C) process D) press  $ ^! H5 a& m( v2 `% x
  30. Residents were cutting their lawns, washing their cars and otherwise ________ a pleasant, sunny day.  
" ^. p. @- k# F3 i' ?: T  Z. H( @  A) idling away B) taking away C) chasing away D) driving away + y2 Z3 d( Z" G
  KEY:1-5 ADCAA 6-10 ACABD 11-15 CCCBD 16-20 CADCD 21-25 ABDAD 26-30 CBABA
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 11:14 , Processed in 0.193604 second(s), 21 queries .