立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 46|回复: 0

[考试试题] 2012年3月公共英语PETS3词汇练习题及答案(32)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 13:09:19 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
1. Many people lost their jobs during the business ________.  + V" t3 s* _3 v4 _7 H
  A) desperation B) decrease C) despair D) depression  
+ [5 i$ I( F, G* X" o. S  2. Whenever a big company ________a small one, the product almost always gets worse.  # Y8 p6 t* m9 J2 P: A6 e% s
  A) gets on with B) cuts down C) takes over D) puts up with  ) Z( m3 g2 c( M" I8 L: o
  3. Mr. Smith was the only witness who said that the fire was ________.  ) u2 \/ \1 i- g* c8 ^8 w" H, p9 K$ b" S
  A) mature B) deliberate C) meaningful D) innocent  : G2 d) d! e( y' i% e7 s* c
  4. The beam that is ________ by a laser differs in several ways from the light that comes out of a flashlight.  0 }# c2 l) N( v
  A) emitted B) transported C) motivated D) translated  2 J- d$ Q/ V1 U! {  g. _
  5. Modern forms of transportation and communication have done much to ________ the isolation of life in Alaska.  0 b7 F( X. Y- Y1 s! P/ [! ?- V
  A) break through B) break down C) break into D) break out  $ U- P2 H3 L/ I1 a$ N& q
  6. We know through painful experience that freedom is never by the oppressor; it must be ________ by the oppressed.  , L- d5 m7 K' S; ^4 e0 G
  A) demanded B) commanded C) required D) requested  % a5 b% R4 x* S% a3 m% h+ V  w! }4 n
  7. Color and sex are not relevant ________ whether a person is suitable for the job.  
2 [4 F4 E+ b% \8 r  A) on B) for C) to D) with  ! n4 ]# v& x/ X
  8. ________ the enormous flow of food from the entire globe, these countries have for many years not felt any population pressure.  * o" @3 Y: U/ y9 r7 L: H, r( K
  A) Thanks to B) By means of C) In line with D) With regard to  + ?/ ?6 I  Z( _8 @
  9. Research universities have to keep up with the latest computer and scientific hardware ________ price.  
# c- n" p+ u0 |8 L" h# u3 }  A) on account of B) regardless of C) in addition to D) not to mention  
" t2 y, U4 X  g$ d) t. E+ p  10. Three university departments have been ________ $600,000 to develop good practice in teaching and learning.  
$ z+ `( Z5 H( s3 t  A) promoted B) included C) secured D) awarded
/ q1 ^9 `+ e& y- [  1-5 ADCAA 6-10 ACABD
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-18 22:09 , Processed in 0.512855 second(s), 21 queries .