QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 180|回复: 3

[PETS四级] 公共英语四级辅导:PETS4阅读精讲(30)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 13:19:23 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  Use of English 7 z, r& u; P- F4 X5 H
  Read the following text. Choose the best word or phrase marked A, B, C or D for each numbered blank.
& X3 L* v! Y2 \  R2 w  On the night of the play, Albert was the hall early and he was already made-up long before the end of the first act. He certainly looked the part all night, he thought as he _1_ himself _2_ the mirror. He even _3_ if he should go out into the street to see what _4_ he made on people out there. Just for a _5_, of course.
) a2 @0 N* ]" A4 i$ v  Then he was seized with a sudden attack of stage fright. How could he _6_ all those people _7_ the audience? He put his head in his hands and tries to _8_ his lines. He had only a very small part, but his mind was a complete _9_.
8 i7 a4 `) d/ q& m  A _10_ on the door made him _11_. He felt really alarmed. He was due to go to stage in the second act. Had he missed his entrance and _12_ the play for everybody? But it was only the producer, who noticed what a state he was in, she __13__he should go and stand near the stage where he could watch the play and follow in his script at the same time. I t was a good way of getting __14__ his nervousness, she said. She was right. It seemed to __15__. In fact, the more he watched the play, the more he became involved in it, so that he began to __16__himself part of it. ) f+ A# K7 B6 n7 C# H" z
  At last the moment came for him to go on stage. But suddenly the producer was by his__17__again.This time she looked worried as she placed a hand on his arm to restrain him __18_ . I’m afraid you’re going __19__. She said. They’ve jumped three pages of the script and have __20__your part out completely.
* p2 k$ ~. y, T& R: U  1.A. admired B. flattered C. gazed D. showed
: k" \3 Y6 O! i4 x/ _5 ~  2.A. on B. with C. at D. in # U4 P* I  c* i8 b0 E5 U' H) ], k
  3.A. thought B. wondered C. hoped D. felt % q2 [& [( N2 D' g
  4.A. force B. image C. impression D. reaction ! z  B$ ^% X0 z7 s  j( _4 `* w# E
  5.A. fun B. game C. joke D. play
2 z9 T# B9 |. H5 A; @  6.A. appear B. face C. meet D. see
' Z/ t0 M, t$ m7 v  7.A. between B. of C. with D. in
* x. W& g) Q. N5 }! v% x  8.A. learn B. refresh C. remember D. remind ' e6 I: F4 f  h& u7 V% l
  9.A. blank B. gap C. omission D. space
7 J0 ^. M3 T- b% e' u; l  10.A. bump B. crash C. knock D. noise ! v! f. W7 g& q; z4 `( y( o
  11.A. to look up B. to look up C. looking up D. looked up
2 a1 n$ `: o( d1 G7 d  12.A. delayed B. ended C. ruined D. lengthened 2 x; Y0 y% D. @
  13.A. ordered B. reminded C. suggested D. told
% G0 @2 p2 V. e0 k6 \$ H  14.A. at B. over C. away D. through
& @3 K( z1 V" H  L+ D) l! I+ |  15.A. do B. manage C. win D. work ! A7 ]& |( t# Q4 B0 l
  16.A. push B. feel C. realize D. anticipate
, T8 Y3 [6 d6 [! V% X  17.A. shoulder B. side C. back D. place
4 n4 o7 l+ E+ ?  18.A. on B. off C. out D. back
8 |' r. A; `' D1 t- d% w4 {( k  19.A. to disappoint B. to have disappointed C. to be disappointed D. have disappointed " a5 b6 u8 _3 C- Z* |* H6 R) s3 s9 P7 R
  20.A. forgotten B. lost C. missed D. omitted
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-14 13:19:24 | 显示全部楼层

公共英语四级辅导:PETS4阅读精讲(30)

</p>  解析:
8 a2 {2 y0 Z( W1 E8 {: }. x  1. A.
% W' ?% C$ w* ^1 z  这句话的意思是:他赞美着镜子中的自己。爱波特第一次登台前,在镜子前照了又照,含有自我欣赏的意味。flatter奉承,阿谀She only flatters you so you will help her. 她只是奉承你,以便你能帮助她;gaze vi.后面接名词的时候和at连用;show 展示。只有admire 表示欣赏,可以用于别人,也可以用于自身。
( y  @/ z9 d8 F( K. u) Z' Z  2. D. ( }) a4 S9 D; F9 h
  照镜子的时候人的影子在“镜子里”,用介词in. on 表示在表面,是相互之间有接触的。 4 O2 T) J; p4 r, c% C
  3. B.
( Q9 ]( |& O, \# z3 M  这句话的意思是:他甚至想知道是不是应该走在大街上,看看人们对他的印象是如何的。
+ A$ @% U, J% h# Z% S1 a2 |  wonder后面常常跟由if或whether引导的从句。 . {" z8 a( G, S1 o1 G4 W" B& [- E
  4. C.
6 D+ _6 P- L4 C0 w& v7 ]- D8 I  “给某人留下印象”make impression on sb. ' _. c; L" v; @4 Q; n& F
  5. C. 5 o" p  \# w& g! s! E! f0 h0 T+ {
  这句话的意思是:当然只是开个玩笑。表示“开玩笑”,通常用joke或kid。我们也可以说:Just joking/ just kidding. 2 K6 c- U1 Z2 L) k4 o$ U5 i
  6. B.
, F8 H* I5 J- i4 h# e, B  这句话的意思是:他该怎样面对观众呢? ( j; \$ F; @( }6 t  V
  7. D. 7 V9 W3 u3 W7 F6 M
  这里是说“观众群中的人们”,台下坐的人们应该属于观众这一群体的,所以他们之间是一种包含或者从属的关系,表示这种关系用介词in。
  B; m; U# i* _4 g, [* ^: o  8. C.
7 M2 I& E! }6 V( |) w  这位远远初次登台演出,最初的兴奋早已烟消云散,随之而来的是紧张和恐惧,使他都想不起台词了。Remember 想起,记起,回忆;refresh 使精力恢复;remind 提醒(sb of sth) 4 {, l+ _+ Z2 E" I0 Y
  9. A. ! H% ^  a( r- |1 \0 _
  这句话的意思是:他仅有很少的一部分,但是他的脑袋一片空白。我们通常用blank表示“毫无思绪,头脑空白”。His memory is a blank. 他什么也记不起来。a blank mind空虚的心灵 & E. M  i2 g- u6 o3 o# j
  10. C.
. Y) |$ K: x& g- k$ m  这句话的意思是:一阵敲门声使他抬头往上看了看。Knock这个词兼有名词和动词的词性。后面经常和介词at连用。这里用作名词。 : P& W& p. y$ }+ [* S
  11. B. ( h  |, O; h* ^( r. w
  这位演员正在想问题,所以把头埋在手中,当听到敲门声后,他抬头看了看。在使役动词make后做宾语补足语的动词不定式要省略to,即make sb do sth。 # s5 I6 p+ A& ?4 H5 m: k
  12. C. * W/ y6 X4 R- P& W
  这句话的意思是:他本来应该在第二幕上场。他已经错过了出场并毁掉这部戏吗?他觉得自己好像错过立刻出场,由于自己的失误而毁掉了整个演出。选项A.B.C.的意思分别是“延误”,“结束”, “延长”,均不符合题意。 9 R8 r, |% v1 Z) w) u& \
  13. C.
+ b! B5 j9 c8 r8 X. T0 n5 p. r7 y  这句话的意思是:制片人建议他站在舞台旁边,在那里他可以观看演出同时也能跟上剧本。Suggest表示建议,后面的宾语从句用虚拟语气,即should+do的形式。order表示命令,用在这里语气太强。   `6 O, j' Z7 a: D
  14. B.
; Q6 b* z$ g, _  这句话的意思是:她说:“这是一个克服紧张的好办法”。Get at “到达,够到,了解”意味着“指责,含沙射影的攻击”;get over 克服,熬过,恢复;get away 逃脱,离开;get through到达,做完,通过。此处表示“克服紧张”,用get over。 ( D; y% G9 k4 H/ _% p8 s. y% p) g
  15. D.
$ {- k& ?2 ^' o  这句话的意思是:这个方法看起来很奏效。Work可以表示,起作用,奏效,正常工作,正常运转。如:I gave him some advice, but it didn’t work. Can you help me, --My radio doesn’t work.
, ^* E. z+ O( G+ O  16. B. % i" ^3 _" V9 i. m9 {$ L* A( h  s
  这句话的意思是:事实上,他看戏看得越多,他就越能融入其中,以至于他感觉到他是戏剧演出的一部分。这里要表示演员的内心感受的转变,而不是思想意识的转变,所以要用feel,不能用recognize。中 华 考 试 网
/ V6 i2 f/ m2 o  S" R  17. B. + r7 C+ u: o' z/ h0 F! s
  这句话的意思是:但是突然,制片人又一次站在了他的旁边。Side表示人身体的侧面,所以by one’s side表示“在侧面,在旁边”。
% E' S# c3 ^% g+ ]( }3 G& {1 [  18. D. 这句话的意思是:这一次,当制片人把手放在他的臂上想要把他拉回原地时,显得有些担心。制片人担心的不是下文所讲的剧本中有三页被跳过了,而时因为演员因此无法出场了,她不知道该如何向这个演员解释。她本能地把演员往回拉了一点。Retrain 的本意时“限制,约束”,要表示往回拉,必须用介词back。
3 q) }; s! U  s9 R  19. C. & k7 i) X; @5 }" J0 K
  这句话的意思是:她说“我恐怕你要感到失望了”。disappoint vt 需要宾语;disappointed 是形容词形式。
6 I* A' I* @( f* Y. e  20. C.
# M' y: A' Z8 m$ w  这句话的意思是:他们跳过了三页,把你的那一部分遗漏了。Forget 忘记;lose 丢失;
$ x$ k/ `. f( d& {" J: t+ B: s. w  miss=fail to say or include 错过,遗漏;omit 省略。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-14 13:19:25 | 显示全部楼层

</p>  Reading comprehension / d+ i! o" G  M) e- u2 o1 M
  Read the following two texts. Answer the questions below each text by choosing A, B, C or D.
* b) B( N7 d. E. n  The Globe Theater-Shakespeare’s Theater ; s$ l: R* A/ m8 x5 @* G- ^
  The original globe was built in 1599 by a group of actors. Among them was Shakespeare himself and over the next few years his major plays, including the four great tragedies Hamlet , King Lear, Macbeth and othello, were staged there. But during a performance of Henry Vlll, in 1613, a spark from cannon set the thatched roof on fire and the theatre burned down. Although rebuilt, it lasted only until 1644. And that might have been the end of the story, except that another spark then entered the mind of the late American actor and film director Sam Wanamaker 40 years ago, when he came to London and set off to look for the Globe’s original site. He was interviewed last year, shortly before his death: % |: {8 I# k4 |$ N
  Nobody really knew where it was. But anyway, I did finally get to it. It was marked by a black plaque, which is still there, on the side of a brewery wall, which said, in effect, this is the site of the world’s greatest theatre. It was erected by the Shakespeare Society of Britain and India and of al places. And I thought, well, why don’t the British do something about this? I mean, this is terrible. * |9 `# I( Q( e8 P% ?1 q& P
  There are imitation globes in several countries around the world - Japan .Germany, the United States ---But all make extensive use of modern technology. Wanamaker wanted to build something that was, as far as possible, an exact reconstruction of Shakespeare’s theatre. It’s this that’s now taking shape by the River Thames, a few hundred yards from the original site. When complete, performances will take place with no artificial lighting, no heating, no recorded music, no modern costume. No amplification, no cuts in the texts; and since the theatre is open air it’s certain that there’ll occasionally be wind and rain. All this is as it would have been in Shakespeare’s day, but actors in the new Glove will also have to compete with the 20th -century sounds like airplanes and police sirens, Sir Anthony Hopkins, one of the country’s best-known Shakespearean actors, was asked how gre4at the problems would be: 7 Q3 ]& D: s+ k0 R
  I don’t know. I haven’t acted here yet, I guess they’ll meet those problems when they come to it. But I think they’ve taken that on board. Audiences seem to accept it -they’ll accept rain ,snow, hurricane, planes-they’ll accept anything, I suppose.
& |9 l6 y0 W$ M* D: _( v4 G* t  The new Globe will also be faithful to the original one in its design. Wanamaker explained: It’s a circular building, which is not round -it’s a polygon, consisting of 20 sections, modular sections. These sections represent three galleries-the Glove had three seating galleries, which were covered and protected form the weather. It had back wall, equally protecting it form the weather, and in the center of this circle. And the people who couldn’t afford to pay more than a penny would stand around the stage and the people who would pay a little more could sit in the galleries. ! w1 o4 t1 r+ a: q
  These galleries rise like sheer walls round the stage. Giving it an enclosed, almost claustrophobic feel behind the project is a belief, which was passionately held by Wanamaker, that in recent years productions of Shakespeare have become far too dependent on special technical effects of sound and lighting. Wanamaker with supporters like Bill Bryden, one of Britain’s leading theatre directors argued that with new Glove they would be forced to avoid illusion, and would have to put much more emphasis on the language of the plays. * f% R8 {$ G6 `9 W5 i$ C! ?( o
  The Globe project is still short of funds: It’s received little official help form within retain, but a lot of indifference. one reason is the undoubted prejudice against open-air theatre. A prejudice is due mainly to the vagaries of the weather. More seriously, some members of the theatrical establishment believe that, in the end, the reconstruction amounts to no result.
4 h: _2 Z0 l2 q. x  We’re not trying to create museum theatre3 or do it the way they did it in Shakespeare’s time, not at all, we’re simply saying here is a platform here is a circle, and here is the performance without all the illusionist things that we employ to do plays today. It’s wholly different kind of theatre. It goes back to the original forms of theatre. And it was without all this silly business-which is fine for the modern play, but it’s not fine for an Elizabethan play… ! ?. D* S6 j' l. u: R6 S% B
  Every year Shakespeare’s birth is celebrated with special events at the Globe. And next April next April should be a particularly momentous occasion, since, funds permitting, the theatre is due to celebrate its official opening.
; T: v& z5 v) T& ]9 |# \2 D  1. Who is the first to want to build the new Globe Theater? 1 x% j. A# b! w* {& d# I8 B
  A. British.
) {3 w( F% o6 U% a/ G4 Y  B. An American. , \$ H$ T$ P8 ~" }# m/ F/ W
  C. A Japanese. $ |% m2 Y: w8 |; z4 z) D3 w
  D. A German. 6 p2 e2 P( H, G8 Z9 x
  2. The Globe Theater in British is different from the Globes in other countries in____.
& ^6 o# }; y' S7 U  A. shape. 8 b+ \  v  D6 @% E' ~- m
  B. structure.
3 W! }" {: W, L1 w  C. size. , u7 Z0 w3 \. [+ |" L$ b4 k+ _8 n
  D. modern technology. ( M& }( r, B5 ^
  3. The belief held by Wanamaker passionately that____.
4 |" }+ L- N1 ?3 w  }% V  A. in recent years plays of Shakespeare depend on modern technology. * z+ q: Z$ a% o% y$ c
  B. in recent years plays of Shakespeare don’t depend on modern technology. 0 S8 T- m* a6 `2 o
  C. in recent years plays of Shakespeare shouldn’t too much depend on modern technology.
% y  ~$ x* r9 v& v7 ~  D. in recent years plays of Shakespeare are not dependent on modern technology.
6 F4 ?0 ?2 F7 {1 y  4. Wanamaker doesn’t stand for the view that plays of Shakespeare far too depend on modern technology and emphasizes____. 7 `9 d6 M6 @# \+ x
  A. the modern technology for performance. : ^$ P7 m; W; R5 O4 b
  B. special effect of sound and light.
+ B9 S. A8 g  R, ]  C. the language and the plays.
+ j8 ~/ E! {0 ~% l  D. record music. + y& b2 O* l8 G$ m7 S/ [9 z
  5. The Globe project received little official help from within Britain because____. / r' v7 n4 }( d# z$ _8 v
  A. the British have the prejudice against open-theater. : u3 @$ ?8 d+ B+ B! b. d, P- ^8 f7 X
  B. some people in the theatrical field think the reconstruction is no more than meaningless historical performance.
& @# x2 _; Y9 K, }  D$ ]3 i$ ^  C. the British think the reconstruction of the Globe Theater is meaningless in modern times. 9 r& N) \# b9 E7 ~( L. S1 |
  D. both A&B.2 c, {9 l; ?* H: u
  解析:
6 U) m8 D7 E* y% z: K/ j  1.B. ; e" O/ ], |, `; L  |  V: e
  结合全文的内容,我们知道,Sam Wanamaker 筹划并重建了Globe剧院。文章的第一段的倒数第二句话告诉我们:Sam Wanamaker是美国的演员和电影导演。 7 C- u8 d, i$ l! v+ B2 J1 H9 ~' E, n
  2.D.
9 B2 L/ w5 M/ c% P2 ~5 j  文章的第三段第一句话:日本德国和美国等国家模仿和重建了Globe剧院,但是他们都广泛采用了现代技术。本段还告诉我们Sam Wanamaker要重建的剧院将不使用现代技术,重建后的剧院将与莎士比亚时期的剧院一样,没有人造的灯光,没有录好的音乐,没有现代的戏服等等。所以在英国重建的剧院和其他国家的剧院的不同在于是否采用了现代技术进行表演。 1 S: s" C% T" `
  3.C. www.ExamW.CoM
/ x$ J6 M1 y( ?! M$ j  |* X  在第六段中有这样一句话:a belief, which was passionately held by Wanamaker, that in recent years productions of Shakespeare have become far too dependent on special technical effects of sound and lighting. 这句话明确告诉我们Sam Wanamaker认为近些年来莎士比亚戏剧的演出过多的依靠了技术型的声效和灯光,而他认为戏剧演出不应该过多依赖现代技术。
0 {4 g: ?; d5 A" c! o  4.C.
1 W8 O& E5 \* t% k  文章第六段告诉我们Sam Wanamaker和他的支持者们将把重点放在戏剧的语言上。 2 M. j5 b+ a+ b. C( D
  5.A.
3 f& `7 _( O+ J2 P: A: m( R  文章的第七段告诉我们:Globe的工程在英国得到极少的官方资助,主要有两个原因。其一就是:英国人对开放式的剧院心存偏见。另外一点就是:一些剧院建设成员认为剧院的重建会无果而终。重建剧院是否有意义,并不是剧院重建受到很少官方资助的原因。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-14 13:19:26 | 显示全部楼层

</p>  More and more, the operations of our business, governments, and financial institutions are controlled by information that exists only inside computer memories. Anyone clever enough to modify this information for his own purpose can reap substantial rewards. Even worse, a number of people who have done this and been caught at it have managed to get away without punishment. 2 Z* d: i! z2 o$ e0 P# y% T
  It’s easy for computer crimes to go undetected if no one checks up on what the computer is doing. But even if the crime is detected, the criminal may away not only unpunished but with a glowing recommendation from his former employees. of course, we have no statistics in crimes that go undetected. But it’s disturbing to note how many of the crimes we don’t know about were detected by accident, not by systematic inspections or other security procedures. The computer criminals who have been caught may have been the victims of uncommonly bad luck. & y# W4 L- H2 b& b: j! h: h
  For example, a certain keypunch operator complained of having ti stay overtime to punch extra cards. Investigation revealed that the extra cards he was being asked to punch were for dishonest transactions. In another case, dissatisfied employees of the thief tipped off the company that was being robbed.
6 }6 _5 z' m" C2 k7 F  Unlike other lawbreakers, who must leave the country, commit suicide, or go to jail, computer criminals sometimes escape punishment, demanding not only that they not be charged but that they be given good recommendations and perhaps other benefits. All too often, their demands have been met. 6 v) h1 `1 _, y  |$ [1 F: m
  Why? Because company executives are afraid of the bad publicity that would result if the public found out that their computer had been misused. They hesitate at the thought of a criminal boasting in open court how he jugged the most confidential records right under the noses if the company’s executive, accounts, and security staff. And so another computer criminal departs with just the recommendations he needs to continue his crimes elsewhere. ' h" N* V+ k6 L  m* D4 m+ Z& E
  1. It can be concluded from the passage that ____. $ Q, C+ ~& p  x- u! X
  A. it is still impossible to detect computer crimes today.
- W1 m0 ~  E; a1 x2 y& W  B. computer crimes are the most serous problem in the operation of financial institution.
/ K& {- n* j2 w+ b# b  C. computer criminals can escape punishment because they can’t be detected.
" X5 A1 J* \  p- x4 g" h) y5 u  D. people commit computer crimes at the request of their company.
+ A  w; Q" Z+ I+ ?  2. It is implied in the third paragraph that____.
+ E* M. Y" }: w) A/ ]6 q8 S  A. many more computer crimes go undetected than are discovered. 2 M1 w2 d( F$ ?) }
  B. the rapid increase of computer crimes is a troublesome problem.
8 i% b2 V: l3 `  C. most computer criminals are smart enough to cover up their crimes. ; W! p2 k) K" p3 f$ o% m* Q  X
  D. most computer criminals are smart enough to cover up their bad luck.
. X! B+ g  a2 n! ]  3. Which of the following is mentioned in the passage?
3 l. C2 l& p7 R) n+ o  A. A strict law against computer crimes must be enforced.
3 W7 ?: }: L# w+ @! o9 T  B. companies need to impose restrictions in confidential information.
$ q. z3 M7 }2 O2 Z+ O4 ]( X, ?6 e  C. companies will guard against computer crimes to protect their reputation.
+ T$ Y2 }2 x3 Y  V7 p9 P1 b. S  D. companies usually hesitate to uncover computer crimes.
) m8 X% J6 M$ o  4. What may happen to computer criminals once they are caught? 8 w. E  w" L/ ~
  A. with a bad reputation they can hardly find another job.   L4 {" @) m8 S' J, w: }
  B. they will be denied access to confidential information. % Z/ S( V! X  E$ D0 D
  C. they may walk away and easily find another job.
+ X- [5 [4 E3 k" n7 M  D. they must leave the country or go to jail.
. F: _0 |# E# c; v1 c$ l  5. The passage in mainly about___. , O+ f9 D3 O+ h$ J
  A. why computer crimes are difficult to detect by systematical inspection. 2 g+ o+ g: U  Q
  B. why computer criminals are often able to escape punishment.
/ u1 w) S- W+ C' `  C. why computer criminals manage to get good recommendation from their former employers.4 \$ s. P9 {1 _" U+ ~
  D. why computer crimes can’t be eliminated. . M$ C$ _+ N/ D8 A0 J. S
  解析:
* }* p) S$ X7 |4 {/ m0 J4 v$ H  1.C. 0 p( I# |* A& Z
  在文章的第二段开头和结尾部分我们可以找到答案: It’s easy for computer crimes to go undetected if no one checks up on what the computer is doing. The computer criminals who have been caught may have been the victims of uncommonly bad luck. 电脑犯罪是很容易的,而那些被抓住的也仅仅是因为他们运气不佳而已。所以说,很多电脑犯罪者可以逃之夭夭而不受惩罚是因为他们没有被发现。 * c. c- h* f  P* x
  2,A. ' a8 h; g: J2 @2 u6 r, v9 Z: f
  我们可以从第二段中找到答案:But it’s disturbing to note how many of the crimes we don’t know about were detected by accident, not by systematic inspections or other security procedures.
. Y- L* v" N) _  我们不知道有多少电脑犯罪事件还没有被发现。令我们头疼的是,已知的电脑犯罪是有多少是被偶然发现的,而不是通过系统检查或安全监控。 6 f2 w, q0 [- V: U
  3.D.
% l" z; y1 h( I, S1 j5 R% l1 V  Because company executives are afraid of the bad publicity that would result if the public found out that their computer had been misused. 公司的管理人员认为对于电脑犯罪事件的公开对他们自己也是一种颜面扫地的事情。所以也不愿意公开这样的事情。
  S9 S& |2 N6 G  4.C.
' y. s' ]8 Q: f. t/ Z7 N  文章的最后一句话暗示了电脑犯罪者的前途:带着满意的介绍信,离开这家公司又可以再寻另外的地方继续犯罪。也就是说他很容易再找到另外一份工作。
" G( W% ~* ^  o" X* q1 H% w  5.B.
9 ]! L: s9 s- j5 F9 a7 r  考察文章主旨。文章主要介绍了电脑犯罪现在很难通过程序来控制,而且犯了罪的人可以轻易逃脱,而不影响日后再另谋工作。
1 S9 Q# T" i- A! w; p  翻译:
1 m  k. E" z6 S( x  1. The method of scientific investigation is nothing but the expression of the necessary mode of working of the human mind: it is simply the mode by which all phenomena are reasoned about and given precise and exact explanations. ) l! v7 q- o' R( z, u) L% R
  (nothing but只不过, by which=by the mode ) 9 d0 R8 P% i2 ~+ h; e) w! D, O4 p5 q
  2. It is not that the scales in the one case, and the balance in the other, differ in the principles of their construction or manner of working; but that the latter is a much finer apparatus and of course much more accurate in its measurement than the former. . D' R) y1 n" u7 C+ F
  (not …but 不是而是,虽然相隔很远,但是句子的主干。)
8 g- m$ R/ g3 a7 p/ q2 r4 M  3. You have all heard it repeatedly that men of science work by means of induction and deduction, that by the help of these operations, they, in a sort of sense, manage to extract from Nature certain natural laws, and that out of these, by some special skill of their own, they build up their theories.
( F/ R; S- I0 Y1 w  (分辨句子的主干: You have all heard it that men work, that they manage to extract from Nature certain natural laws, that they build up their theories ) 1 T+ O; D4 \4 d$ n
  4. And it is imagined by many that the operations of the common mind can be by no means compared with these processes, and that they have to be acquired by a sort of special training. 4 G0 d$ E4 K6 Z: t; Y, {
  (it is imagined by many在翻译为汉语的时候,注意其主语。) . ~- v" j8 \0 ~3 U0 D; p1 `
  5. probably there is not one here who has not in the course of the day had occasion to set in motion a complex train of reasoning, of the very same kind, though differing in degree, as that which a scientific man goes through in tracing the causes of natural phenomena. 1 A# }  J1 |+ ^9 E: e
  (as that which 分析这几个词所指,这是句子的关键) 0 Q6 Y, @7 Y1 Z. ]( ^. w# v2 ?
  解析:
/ b: y* u& y6 q+ P  1. 科学研究的方法只不过是人类思维活动地必要表达方式,也就是对一切现象进行思索并给以精确而严谨解释的表达方式。
$ v. }9 O( O- z* d8 K" x7 @  2. 这并比意味着面包师和卖肉者所用的磅秤和化学家所用的天平在构造原理和工作方式上存在差别,而是说与前者相比,后者是一种精确的多的装置,因而在计量上必然更准确得多。
, A' f* r1 T) g7 \  3. 你们都多次听说,科学家是通过归纳法和演绎法工作的,他们用这种方法,在某种意义上说,力求从自然界找出某些自然规律,然后他们根据这些规律,用自己的某种非同一般的本领,建立起他们自己的理论。 5 f/ v% F9 O! E; g) n. Y# V
  4. 许多人认为,普通人的思维活动根本无法与科学家的思维过程相比,认为这些思维过程必须经过某种专门训练才能掌握。
5 c# R- _9 g6 H; B2 C; `2 \1 H  5. 大概这里不会有人一整天都没有机会进行一连串复杂的思考活动,这些思考活动与科学家在探索自然现象原因时所经历的思考活动,尽管复杂程度不同,但在类型上是完全一样的。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 03:47 , Processed in 0.266720 second(s), 27 queries .