立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 131|回复: 1

[考试试题] 公共英语试题:PETS四级完型填空模拟试题四

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 13:22:22 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  Check have largely __1_ money as a means of exchange for they are widely accepted everywhere.Though this is very _2__ for both buyer and seller,it should not be forgotten that checks are not real money;they are quite _3__ in themselves. A shopkeeper always runs a certain _4__ when he accepts a check and he is quite _5__ his rights if,on accasion,he refuses to do so.4 e) [" M* `6 b$ R" j* c5 g  u9 `
  People do not always know this and are __6_ if their good faith is called _7__. An old and very wealthy friend of mine told me he had an extremely _8__ experience.He went to a famous jewelry shop which keeps a large __9_ of precious stone and asked to _10__ some pearl necklaces.After examing several trays,he decided to buy a particularly fine string of pearls and asked _11__he could pay by check.The assistant said that this was quite _12__,but the moment my friend signed his name,he was invited into the manager's office.& X3 e: q4 ]" S7 _$ k
  The manager was very polite,but he explained that someone __13_ exactly the same name had presented them with a worthless check not long ago. My friend fot very angry when he heard this and said he would buy a necklace 14___.When he got up to go,the manager told him that the police would arrive at any moment and he had better stay_15__ he wanted to get into serious troubles._16__ the police arrived soon afterwards,They apologized to my friend for the __17_ but explained that a person who had used the same name as his was responsible for a number of recent robberies.Then the police asked my friend to copy out a note _18__ had been used by the theft in a number of shops.The note _19__ "I have a gun in my pocket.Ask no questions and give me all the money in the safe."Fortunately,my friend"s handwriting was quite _20__ the thief's.Then he was allowed to go without delay.
) t( ]( g9 {1 P* @  `  1)    A  made        B replaced      C instead         D pretended
, k1 s: K# _4 ^" s* U  2)    A  favourite     B popular       C profitable       D convenient
. a4 ]! \6 j& W% |  3)    A  dangerous    B meaningless   C unimportant     D valueless5 v7 k+ z7 H4 r- [
  4)    A  chance       B risk          C opportunity     D danger
, Z1 O6 v/ [/ {2 y5 y  5)    A  within       B out of         C without        D beyond
# D9 i8 A# ^$ }, ^. `1 b  B  6)    A  unhappy     B ashamed       Cshocked        D puzzled
8 k% [9 C/ b) Z2 I  7)    A  in doubt     B in earnest      C in difficulty     D in question6 y, `! O7 l9 |
  8)    A  exciting     B happy         C unpleasant      D wonderful
% i) O9 ^& C; Q' O6 Y! `  9)    A  amount      B accident       C stock          D number5 R. I, ]7 X; s! O
  10)   A  give        B be given       C show          D be shown: G8 ~' `- B8 p
  11)   A  if          B when          C what          D that) Z( q- |, u, c" R, _
  12)   A  in need     B in common      C in use         D in order
, v2 W! H$ B. w) ~8 U3 S" f  13)   A  used       B with           C named         D by
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-14 13:22:23 | 显示全部楼层

公共英语试题:PETS四级完型填空模拟试题四

14)   A  anywhere   B somewhere     C somewhere else  D everywhere9 E: e& I: E  a- M" N, Q9 z
  15)   A  unless      B otherwise      C if              D whether
  D# R7 m4 b: ^- g' E# x  16)   A  really      B sure enough     C certainly       D however
& v$ U. W' Y) c  17)   A  manner     B behavior       C inconvenience   D treatment* u& d/ A" U& R2 d
  18)   A  told        B read           C which       D what1 i( N6 J# E- G: g: f
  19)   A  told        B informed        C read        D wrote1 ^& t6 Q$ t4 M( r  K- w
  20)   A  unlike      B different         C dissimilar   D dislike/ `( \" O7 m6 {! Z
  答案:3 h! I0 u6 f+ n, `
  1--5 BDDBA
* ]- t5 t" }2 F  6--10 AACCD; _! A4 Y" e- Y( p9 O) q( U
  11--15 ABBCA
" g8 n/ `; R* i6 J! T  16--20 DCCCA </p>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 16:53 , Processed in 0.386112 second(s), 23 queries .