立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 133|回复: 1

[考试试题] 公共英语试题:PETS四级完型填空模拟试题十

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 13:22:22 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  We know we have to read "between the lines" to get the most out of anything.Making up is also a useful practice,_1__ you shouldn't mark up a book which isn't yours.Librarian who_2__ you books expect you to keep them clean,and you should .If you decide that I am right about the usefulness of marking books,you will have to _3__ them.
+ Q" m$ @$ m3 J4 I- g% g0 ~  There are two ways in _4__ one can own a book.The first is the property right you establish by _5__ it,just as you pay for clothes and furniture. But the act of purchase is only the prelude to __6_.Full ownership comes only when you have made it a _7__ of yourself,and the best way _8__ yourself a part of it is by writing in it.An illustration may make the point clear.You buy a beefsteak and transfer it __9_ the butcher's icebox to you own.But you don't own the beefsteak in the most important sense until you comsume it and get it _10__ your bloodstream.I am arguing that books,too,must be absored in tour bloodstream _11__ you any good.6 b5 @, Y/ w9 B" S' M. o% M
  There are three kinds of book owners.The first has all the standard sets and best sellers—unread,__12_.The second has a _13__ many books —few of them read__14_,most of them dipped into,but all of them as clean and shiny _15__ the day they were bought.The third has a few books or many—every one of them__16_ and dilapidated.: v8 E6 T8 `8 G3 o2 m: `
  Why is __17_ a book indispensable to reading?First,it keeps you awake.I mean wide_18__.In the second place,reading if it is active,is thinking,and thinking __19_ express itself in words.Finally,writing helps you remember the thought you had,ot the thoughts the author _20__ .
! m: R, j' k( w; _3 _  1)    A  but                B although          C and         D so2 O5 d, c# k% b  J) v0 z
  2)    A  borrow             B borrrowed        C lend         D lent
* i; j! l/ F9 C  3)    A buying              B buy            C borrow        D exchange( }/ Y: F0 ~* o4 w' S
  4)    A  which             B that             C what         D there
1 M$ A$ u) w8 x' Y7 E  5)    A  pay for           B pay             C paying        D paying for% A2 ]. T' t0 d* v
  6)    A  possesses      B possess        C possession         D possessions
/ u/ O6 T- h* y- j  7)    A  group             B part         C series             D number; Q5 R1 |. G; }/ c
  8)    A  to change         B to make        C making        D changing6 r- U4 V7 n! H+ ]$ ^, F# }
  9)    A  from             B into            C to            D form! U  B( O$ s7 G2 l; W
  10)   A away from        B out of            C into         D under+ V9 y2 v6 J2 L
  11)   A  having doing     B doing            C do          D to do
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-14 13:22:23 | 显示全部楼层

公共英语试题:PETS四级完型填空模拟试题十

12)  A  untouching      B untouched         C touching      D touched! `8 g* S" \5 x+ X+ t( F
  13)   A  great          B large             C big           D greater/ y: q) ^3 n& P* d1 z
  14)   A  on             B aloud           C through        D about
, V/ L# n+ S3 W; _  15)   A  when           B which          C before         D as" H2 \7 F* Z* V4 ^- @) B" C
  16)   A  dogearing     B dogeared          C to be dogeared   D to dogear
. f3 F( B1 a" o7 l; q  17)   A marking up     B mark up           C to mark up      D to mark: R& ]  H8 Y, S. r
  18)   A  wake        B wake up           C awaking        D awake
- ^  [) f/ i) B, f/ Q  19)   A  tend to       B tends to           C tending to       D tending
. O. J% W0 N, n- Q6 t+ J  20)  A expressing     B to express       C expressed          D to expressing& G1 K( y$ b+ a7 z
  参考答案:# K' j  J9 V1 [# H2 Z
  1--5       ACBAD
( v8 r* f) |" C- ?  6--10     CBBAC: k: F& p& r* P
  11--15   DBACD
( _9 M# s, ?& T0 Q4 y4 R- I( y  16--20   BADBC </p>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-6 02:03 , Processed in 0.219822 second(s), 23 queries .