立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 141|回复: 1

[考试试题] 公共英语试题:PETS四级完型填空模拟试题十三

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 13:22:22 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  Although many governments try to convince their respective subjects that atomic energy is an acceptable alternative _1__ the burning of fossil fuels,no government has taken the least trouble to explain the dangers.Maybe they are __2_ them.__3_ the reason,the public must learn by experience,even though this _4__ may be catastrophic.  h$ ^1 @$ X+ k& l2 o
  While it is true that nuclear reactors do not produce visible smoke,it is certainly not __5_ that they do not pollute.And the pollution they produce is much more insidious precisely because it is __6_.9 t3 Z+ q% a0 X1 S" w$ j
  __7_ inconvenient it may be for governments to publish all the facts,they have no moral excuse for not doing so,__8_ they think they are acting in our best interest.At least some of the facts are known,even though they are not widely reported.6 C+ I+ q+ m/ @  E
  Nuclear reactors produce radioactive water and gases in vast _9__.What __10_ all this waste?It is __11_ concrete tanks and stored on tank farms.It is __12_ in disused salt mines.It is run into fractured rock.It is buried.It is __13_ about in special trains.But even when dumped,it has to be kept __14_ by sprinklers to stop it from boiling.And the contents of the tanks are,of course,extremely corrosive.The efforts of a fracture in the tank or a failure of the cooling system would be _15__.
3 ?$ t. ^: r8 A. [+ Q# ~  While every effort is made to _16__ that radioactive wastes do not excape into the sea or _17__ supplies of drinking water,such a leakage would be too horrible __18_ contemplate.But even then ,governments would presumably continue to belittle the hazards.0 M8 D2 ^* l- M0 W4 W
  It seems that __19_ governments can get away with not telling the truth,they will continue to keep silent.Nevertheless the people _20__ to know the full facts.Do you know what happens to the radioactive waste in your country?No?Well—find out!
: H! b$ R8 m/ }  1)  A  for          B with             C to            D instead of
) h7 A! w' F7 e$ \) k  2)  A  unaware of   B aware of          C unaware from  D aware from
; n2 w  [& f% a0 ]& I- W: |  3)  A  however     B whatever          C whenever     D wherever
2 T6 F$ R- q. B+ _  J; E  4)  A  experiment   B government        C danger       D experience
, s6 r6 P4 F8 H% c8 v  6)  A  visible       B invisible          C disvisible     D unvisible
) S$ ~! }$ c  ^( u' {0 Q  5)  A  unture       B unreal            C true          D distrue3 ^. [% R' q" X- D: y9 {
  7)  A  however     B whatever          C whenever     D wherever
4 M8 k  C$ O" W& _  8)  A  even        B if even            C if            D even if
$ l6 X% I7 I' d+ x( ]$ S! L) Z  9)  A  numbers     B quality           C quantities      D degree
5 l; H2 w6 F" X5 i6 b3 v1 }7 V  10)  A  happens to   B happen to        C happened to     D happening to, `9 U$ Y, t0 g, C
  11)  A  put down    B put into          C put up          D puto onto/ R4 B% w8 {5 o/ K4 R& W; G! {* s
  12)  A  stored       B storing          C being stored     D to be stored
% X6 e4 k6 s7 [7 I& p% C+ W% _" [  13)  A  transporting  B transport        C being transported  D transported( D) L6 X# p( E
  14)   A  hot        B cooled          C cool             D to cool
) v3 x5 a$ k3 U" `( x  15)   A  disaster    B danger          C a disaster         D disastrous
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-14 13:22:23 | 显示全部楼层

公共英语试题:PETS四级完型填空模拟试题十三

16)   A  reassure    B ensure          C convince         D assure: [& V+ \+ H# B2 H3 e4 \3 p8 |
  17)   A  in front of   B behind         C forward          D into9 C3 }. p+ ^' L$ J( `& h" i
  18)   A  against     B that            C to               D too
% [& D3 ^& ^& ?. `$ A" e9 \  19)   A  as long as  B as well as        C as good as        D as smart as0 d5 Q& @  ?8 p: J! R" i$ x
  20)   A  has a right  B with a right      C having a right      D have a right
' I/ x1 ]6 O( P8 q, _6 s/ @* \  答案:- I- l) {5 f; f$ {5 m3 l( E$ w
  1--5 CABDC
2 t  B1 \  Z+ J/ L- b  6--10 BADCA
) h7 X3 I- @1 n) w  D! i  11--15 BADCD5 c2 L% P  Q( f" F. Z
  16--20 BDCAD
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-6 00:54 , Processed in 0.212354 second(s), 23 queries .