立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 134|回复: 1

[考试试题] 公共英语试题:PETS四级完型填空模拟试题十二

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 13:22:22 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  English belongs,in a rather complicated way,to the Indo-European family __1_ includes most of the European languages and a few Asiatic ones. We don't know __2_ the orginal speakers of the parent Indo-European language lived.Guessed about their homeland __3_ all the way from northwestern Europe __4_ central Asia.According to all the early _5__ ,they were a tall,blond,and warlike people,with a good __6_ of energy and intelligence.In their native land they had developed _7__ writing nor cities,so there is not much __8_ about how they lived when they were at home.But when they __9_ home and went out in __10_ of new lands,the Indo-European seem to have been generally successful in _11__ the countries they came to.: M" J+ j% I7 l8 G2 f
  When a wave of them _12__ a territory already crowded,they _13__ the original population._14__ they lost their distinctive appearance by intermarrying with the earlier inhabitants,and sometimes they also _15__ most of the features of their language.When a _16__ went to a more thinly-settled territory,they naturally _17__ their physical characteristics comparatively unchanged for a much longer time;and they were likely to preserve the _18__ features of their language also,though the two things did not always go together.$ z: g3 j4 g  r) a5 [: c
  The Slavic and Celltic languages,__19_ Indian,Persian ,and some others,are of Indo-Euro-pean origin,but the three branchs with _20__ English is most concerned are the Greek,Latin,and Germanic,particularly the last.( A) C" d  A0 O$ a# x2 {0 B
  1)    A  which      B whose           C that        D whom
7 A4 Y# \) Y9 a- w' c. |% k  2)    A  that        B which           C where      D whose3 a' \: i5 N- E( I
  3)    A  is ranging   B range           C have ranged  D have been ranged
+ [' y5 H6 ^% S; c  4)    A  into        B towards         C from       D to
# h! \+ C/ _" Z0 A0 `5 F0 ]  5)    A  records     B recording        C tapes       D notes. \6 K% i1 G: S, d& n
  6)    A  number     B great           C amount     D deal
* g' x# L) p% c* A2 _8 R  7)    A  either      B neither          C other       D both
9 P& p+ |' d9 @1 J& O3 s  8)    A evidence     B points          C understanding D knowing, N$ P) F5 O1 L3 @: Q
  9)    A  leave      B would leave     C left          D were leaving
% G  ]3 n  m4 U8 t  10)   A  search     B wanting        C looking       D demanding
$ ?0 @8 G" @) E+ X' u' y# q  11)   A  conquer    B conquering     C defeat        D defeating
* m( v. m6 T$ Q: Y4 `% G3 N4 c  12)   A  settled in   B settled         C settled down   D settled to8 D' c, ?) T; o/ e! H$ p. ~( u- N, ^
  13)   A  mix with  B mixed together   C mixed with    D mix together
1 s9 o$ y2 E6 P+ K; E1 a  14)   A  on time    B from time      C by time       D in time) c* n7 F7 u) l1 a- ~$ ]4 }
  15)   A  give in    B gave in         C gave up      D give up' K* U$ \& ?7 L& C. i
  16)   A  branch    B wave          C group         D kind
/ m5 n( m' K# E/ S+ G9 E  17)   A  preserve   B reserve        C preserved       D reserved
5 K. l' q" P# R  }  18)   A  special    B particular      C distinguished    D distinctive$ ]1 Z: o1 J% H7 r5 l
  19)   A  as well as  B as good as      C as well           D as good
& m/ G6 A3 K' ~  20)   A  them      B which         C the three branches  D that
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-14 13:22:23 | 显示全部楼层

公共英语试题:PETS四级完型填空模拟试题十二

参考答案:
- O7 E9 K" v* }* ^$ |, ], n; ?  1--5ACBDA
! R8 r7 V" R5 ]/ A; ~0 b9 h9 L/ T  6--10DBACA* `' C) O2 `" k" c3 v
  11--15BACDC% b% f" R+ i; V' K* ]& I/ e
  16--20 BCDAB
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 19:39 , Processed in 0.162861 second(s), 23 queries .