立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 117|回复: 1

[考试试题] 公共英语试题:PETS四级完型填空模拟试题十八

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 13:22:22 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  Each company has many "public" who would be able not only to recognize its name __1_ to correctly identify its industry and its _2__.These publics include present customers and stockholders as well as banks,insurance companies,stockbrokers,and securities __3_ who supply the company with essential services and capital.
2 d5 J& @+ J) [/ Y! ?1 g  The _4__ names of many well-established companies can be one of misinformation,thereby _5__ communication with them. This was the problem that faced Michigan Seamless Tube Company---a company with sales of 128 million a year. At first__6_,the company's name tell us that it is located in Michigan _7__ that it manifactures seamless tubing.What the name does not __8_ to most people is the fact Michigan Seamless tube also has operations in five __9_ states and has a varied production line of forgings,broaching machines,tools,ans steel bars in addition to seamless tubing.The problem was __10_ by the company's _11__ ,which operated _12__ their own names and were not clearly identified with the _13__ company.& z4 R7 `" ^5 @
  Customers,suppliers,and the financial community did not see Michigan Aeamless Tube as a _14__ based metal producer.They perceived it only as a small,_15__,regional manufacturing company.The company's __16_ decided to adopt a new corporate identity.2 `3 p; g/ g6 c  y1 s
  The _17__ point for this change was the company name. The new name had to be one that could encompass all of the company's products and subsidiaries, a name that would correctly project the image of a _18__ corporation.After considering many different possibilities,management decided on a __19_ word:Quanex--- a name _20__ from a combination of the first three letters of the word "quality" and the first three letters of the Latin word "nex",which means connection., U; R' g& L0 F/ t: v" A0 b
  1)    A  and           B but             C however    D either! H5 C. M3 J$ o# v9 Q- @9 c
  2)    A  production     B product          C producing  D by-product& U( b9 c9 m; F
  3)    A  analytical      B analyst          C analysis    D analysts
1 B0 y( b0 A, I" f: H  4)    A  business       B co-operation     C incorporation D corporate% L" _1 R3 o& J5 G4 N: J; m' ~4 P
  5)    A  limiting       B limits           C limit        D limited
" P' h: C( q3 V  d- O7 O  6)    A  glance        B view            C watch       D consideration) \) }( c9 Y8 i4 d# V4 O8 ^% m: R
  7)    A  and          B but              C so          D however2 |& o% P7 X, J: j& o* k/ Q0 |7 T
  8)    A  pass          B transfer         C convey       D transmit; f7 u3 v) [! z0 K- U8 f
  9)    A  else          B others           C other        D rest# u0 Q9 k% ^, Y7 \/ O% O. Y
  10)   A  decreased     B increasingly      C increased     D compounded5 k) d" G9 m9 d) y; C% }
  11)   A  headquarters   B plants           C agents       D subsidiaries
0 I* _/ o5 t  _* Q9 u* a  12)   A  in           B under           C with         D have
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-14 13:22:23 | 显示全部楼层

公共英语试题:PETS四级完型填空模拟试题十八

13)   A  parent        B mother         C head office     D original. A# c1 g4 I; F; j" w0 A2 Q
  14)   A  broadly       B sizebly         C competitively   D largely7 ?$ h, A9 c( Q" u
  15)   A  specialized    B special         C specialty       D specialization4 v$ Z, L, c# V8 D8 C9 z  ?+ @
  16)   A  managements  B managerial      C managers      D management
; _4 k+ L! P$ P8 v  m% L  17)   A  first          B start           C begin          D starting' n$ ^- `2 J  t+ q: m7 k% G
  18)   A  diversification  B dicersifying    C diversify        D diversified
) H1 ~- d3 C3 K1 |$ [, q  i7 i5 E  19)   A  created        Bcoined         C made          D imagined
$ B: M) Q9 M! w  20)   A  resulted      B compounded        C derived      D changed& ^2 D3 G1 |$ [& u) }
  答案:; a( r3 f2 h& I3 L% v
  1--5BBDDA
8 ?0 X8 c' Q* b0 A: S7 _  6--10AACCD
4 G9 Z/ n3 k2 T$ t  11--15DBAAA
& b; o& E# Z) ^4 I) i( I  16--20DDDBC </p>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 22:02 , Processed in 0.190223 second(s), 23 queries .