QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 121|回复: 0

[商务实战] 商务实战:022 Being a Good House Guest

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 18:53:09 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作,惊天是星期五下午,陈豪正在跟美国同事Amy聊天。
6 a% s* M0 `" }% R) v+ E  (Office ambience)
6 I9 [+ F5 Y; E# Q  A: 陈豪,do you have any plans for the weekend?' _9 t5 k, x( @5 h+ d5 L6 s
  C: 这个周末还真有活动。我们老板夫妇请我到他们家去玩儿,我没告诉你吗?说实话,I am a little nervous.
% m) h7 H" N7 E' F/ \; E" j  A:What are you nervous about?
2 `' j: g9 J, V6 g$ R  C: 我怕自己会有失礼的地方。唉,你给我讲讲,在西方,去别人家作客有什么需要注意的吧。; W! g& R' @6 f( V" }% k
  A: Do you have gift for your hosts?
+ Z  R3 J* i+ h9 M1 O* p" f  C:礼物,可我不知道买什么呀。4 j0 W9 c6 s. h+ n9 R
  A:Here's what I do. I take a gift with me when I know my hosts' taste and hobbies.
3 C$ w+ {5 r: {% c  C:那要是不知道他有什么爱好呢?
6 j" C. r; a- `4 p! E  A:When I don't have a clue, I pay attention to what they like while I am there. Then I send a special gift after the visit.
  c0 f5 y! E. ^1 N# h8 d# V  C:我怕吃不惯他们家的饭,所以准备自己带饭去。" O- f' j4 d% T( E, J) E
  A: Unless you have food allergies or need to follow a special diet that would be rude. The rule is to "make do".$ u$ o8 j% m- ]- X" U0 P# v9 P% b
  C:我倒是没有食物过敏。那要是不爱吃呢?中华考试网(www.Examw。com)
- M5 M- Y& @( w) O- m' q. j  A: If there is something you don't like, don't let your hosts know. Have a little bit of everything to be polite but fill up on the things you like.4 Q! H) d: _$ M6 R: f# a+ K
  C: 你说得有道理,我可以每样儿都尝点,哪个合胃口就多吃点儿。你放心,不好吃我也不会告诉他们的。还有Amy, can I take my dog Freckles?5 X% N1 r5 F6 Z: |% v
  A:绝对不行. Unless they invite Freckles, ask your neighbors if they could look after him.
. H8 _/ w9 a0 i/ ?, V; _" e; |  C:那我到他们家能看电视吗?
! S/ D' \% B3 \3 W+ t7 r  A:They may ask if you want to watch television and if you have any favorite shows. 不过,要是没人问你,那他们看什么,你就应该跟着看什么。
. o8 v/ b1 ^! F/ k. X- K+ A  C:他们睡觉以后我能看吗?7 `) K1 T( e# i9 \' `8 y0 k7 d7 U
  A:I hate to disappoint you, but if your hosts go to bed, you should retire to your room.! b# t6 @- j5 c# j( E9 G; w2 T
  C:我要是不困呢?& t& N! s7 U6 }4 ?$ J& @5 ]
  A:Take something to read. It's much more courteous to read quietly in your room than to stay up with the televising blaring.
6 M9 w; o: d; p8 B3 l7 X) P* r  ******
1 i! U- A# q( M  s, O  C:Amy, 我还有什么地方需要注意吗?! e# P. l5 n# [% S
  A:Don't forget when the visit is over to send a handwritten thank you note?
* m2 \/ y+ b' L  C:一定要手写吗?我能不能写个e-mail,表示感谢呢?& G, W: V8 g5 x0 N( r8 @4 c" E
  A:绝对不行。E-mail is too impersonal.
$ Z" X5 h  @5 m/ E- z5 H5 r4 X  C:可我没有像样的卡片和信封呀。5 B8 j) f2 ]2 Q
  A:Then buy some and take it with you along with a pen and some stamps. You can write the note before you leave their house and mail it on your way back home.$ t4 ~7 T6 o+ D2 n! a/ {) k8 X' O4 e. ]
  C: 我还以为这个周末可以好好放松一下呢。看来我得随时注意,做个好客人,可别闹什么笑话。
5 T7 q& P. N% o) Z/ u# N  A:没错。还有就是要enjoy yourself.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-21 11:19 , Processed in 0.548446 second(s), 21 queries .