QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 136|回复: 0

[商务实战] 商务实战:040 Using Polite Language in Office Business

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 18:53:09 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作,他看见美国同事Amy正跟办公室另外几个人一起出去。
% {$ w) D1 `1 X. \# i! {# g- K  s7 c  (Office ambience)
* ~: [9 C8 Z! l. Q  d8 M# [1 k  CH:Amy, Are you guys going to lunch?
9 F% w- t7 M" ]0 L2 n/ @: A' ^  A:Yes. Would you like to join us? & X$ N6 ~1 Y/ E6 {- X& B% S
  C:好啊。我跟你们一起去。
$ s" K3 G  j% Q8 P7 j  A:I have to make one phone call before I leave. Would you like to wait for me or go ahead with everyone else? 5 E: K# c5 `1 U
  C:我等你。
- g7 {- `& m6 D  A:Thank you.
8 p2 w3 M8 R( c5 [5 Z  C:No problem.
1 U. r$ g) S9 ^& `' m8 {  A:Say, Chen Hao, my phone call can wait a few minutes. I need to tell you something while it is on my mind. 5 `' |0 J& @$ s7 ~+ D. [
  C:Uh-oh. 我做错什么事了吗? 6 P  m) Z/ [+ U4 g
  A:No, you said something wrong. Actually you said two things that caught my attention. 9 S  Q, {' Z5 D- f, e  Q
  C:嗯....可我刚才没说什么啊? : @8 U( S! G$ v9 `* x* Z  w
  A:First, you used the expression "You guys."
( \4 \7 l1 r" @  C:我那些同事经常把you guys挂在嘴边上,我这可是跟美国人学的。
5 G/ V8 v0 n* h8 M* w2 a  A:I know they do, but that doesn't mean it's correct or polite. 5 w. o# U2 j2 C1 s0 u+ @, y( _8 d
  C:为什么不对呢? % P3 }: Z; m* k) w1 P9 C
  A:Because the word "guy" is an informal term that refers to a man or boy. People today use the plural "guys" without regard for gender. That is not correct usage of the word and it demonstrates a lack of polish.
) T3 c# c9 B6 j* J/ L# N' e  C:那要是有男有女应该怎么说呢?
1 Q, W- h5 \; v/ F  V4 r: H  A:You could have simply asked, "Are you going to lunch?" Or you could have said, "Are you ALL going to lunch?"
2 ?6 {. t0 m' h9 ?  p8 Y  c  C:我知道了。
% `$ C& u# L& M) h( [% v8 a' z  A:Now please excuse me while I make that quick phone call. Otherwise we'll miss lunch altogether.
, Y) {) _$ f, P$ k7 m  C:No problem.
& z; ~8 r9 Y' n/ c8 p  ****** 6 B; D5 q: ?: b: f4 m5 U
  Amy打完电话跟陈豪一起去吃午饭。 " d/ u& L3 h  ^' G1 S
  C:Amy, 你刚才不是还要纠正我另外一个错误吗?
1 c$ e8 c+ {9 }, G& l4 Y  A:Yes. I have noticed that when someone says "thank you", your response is always "no problem."   D: {5 f( _4 p2 m# J
  C:我经常听别人这么说啊,难道这也不对吗? 6 E: ?% |8 C2 V0 R: o1 A
  A:Lots of people say that in response to "thank you." However, that is not the correct reply. The correct response to "thank you" is "You are welcome." % d1 v" Z9 N  ]0 S" I! p
  C:Amy, 你是不是太挑剔了?
. K& b. h) i7 W4 {" j  A:No, it's being polite and polished. "You guys" and "no problem" are slang phrases which are not formal.
8 w- b# F' y) ]& s  C:俚语?
: D' B3 H6 {' J- m5 q) n$ ]# A  A:That's right. Slang expressions will detract from your professional image. "You guys" is only acceptable with a group of men in a very informal setting like the locker room. ( H6 d' t" a# H
  C:那"no problem"呢? * f4 H& I; g4 F2 j! A" [4 {
  A:It is only acceptable when someone asks if you have problem with something.
- ]) o  l, r  r. y& N9 [  C:我明白了,就是说一定要注意区分俚语和正规语言,特别是不能在正式场合乱用俚语。 0 m3 |! e8 b5 g* q0 v4 D; a6 _
  A:You got it! Now let's eat. I am starving.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 09:24 , Processed in 0.315141 second(s), 21 queries .