QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 48|回复: 0

[综合辅导] 商务英语辅导:玻利维亚总统控告美国和联合国联合诽谤

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 19:12:39 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  奥巴马首席政治顾问希望卡扎菲执政, C7 ~- c3 m3 M( k7 ]
  President Obama’s top intelligence adviser says he expects Colonel Gaddafi to win his battle to stay in power. The US director of national intelligence, James Clapper, told a senate hearing that the Libyan leader’s forces had better equipment and were better trained and will probably prevail over the long term. Mark Mardel reports from Washington.6 c) g2 O4 m, s! m, C  ~2 K4 P
  President Obama has said that Gaddafi should go, but now his top intelligence adviser has said the Libyan ruler will probably win his battle to stay in power. The director of national intelligence, General James Clapper, has told politicians on Capitol Hill that overtime, in the longer term, Gaddafi will probably prevail because he had better trained and equipped troops. He added another possible outcome was the breakup of Libya into what he called “three semi-autonomous mini states”. He didn’t answer questions from politicians who felt that meant imposing a no-fly zone was urgent./ B: Y4 J5 r+ W4 u3 G. @
  Nato defence ministers have resisted calls for an air-exclusion zone over Libya. The US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has meanwhile said her main aim was to build momentum behind any action behind Colonel Gaddafi.
' s- R0 C8 j* f  “We are working to create an international consensus. You can see that there is a lot of ambivalence in the international community. People don’t know what the opposition represents. They don’t know the most effective way to try to, you know, get rid of Gaddafi. So everybody is working hard. We are internally in our own government looking at every option imaginable.”. c2 i) r& Y7 p5 ~
  In Libya itself, rebels holding the eastern oil port of Ras Lanuf have come under heavy attack from Colonel Gaddafi’s forces. Heavy fighting has also been reported further east in the rebel-held town of Brega, which has been bombed by government planes. The International Committee of the Red Cross has meanwhile said that Libya has now descended into civil war.
4 q1 f1 C" v$ h1 E2 g2 Q  沙特阿拉伯东部城市警方向抗议者开火5 G' |. q  c3 L6 {0 R
  Police in the eastern province of Saudi Arabia have opened fire on a rally as protesters took to the streets to call for political reforms in the kingdom. Witnesses have reported gunfire in the city of Qatif and there are reports of stun grenades being used on the demonstrators.  d( ]4 Y7 C9 c  q2 i7 |
  非盟支持瓦塔拉当选科特迪瓦新总统 被巴博阵营拒绝
$ O- d$ U3 C5 K8 U( p1 Z  Representatives of Laurent Gbagbo, the Ivory Coast leader who refuses to leave, have rejected an African Union proposal aimed at resolving the country’s crisis. The plan was drawn up by a team of five African heads of state, who were given the task of resolving the dispute. Will Ross reports.
& B6 x9 V5 |* X( }" j  Mr Gbagbo boycotted this summit probably because leaving the country would be risky for the man seen by much of the international community as the illegitimate president of Ivory Coast. An official from his party suggested the AU would be responsible for pushing the country into civil war if it insisted on recognising Alassane Outtara as the rightful president. The hard-line position stated by Mr Gbagbo’s team might push Africa’s presidents towards favouring a power-sharing deal to try to prevent the slide into civil war.
+ {4 i( ]2 i% w* J  N/ F  World News from the BBC6 w! A) K3 F8 h
  ****组织批评俄罗斯纵容车臣行为
4 y" x( e8 Q! f( }! W( {! Z  Human Rights Watch has criticised Russia for allowing the Chechen authorities to introduce a compulsory Islamic dress code for women. The report details the testimonies of women who say they’ve been victims of intimidation. Here’s Sam Wilson.6 I4 f- K" p3 c- K, s# E1 r
  The report highlights the story of a young woman walking down the street in the Chechen capital Grozny, her hair is uncovered. A car pools up and she’s shot in the chest with a paintball gun. Human Rights Watch says such attacks are part of what’s been a “virtual campaign” mounted with the explicit support of Chechnya’s President Ramzan Kdyrov. It says few women now dare to step out without head scarves and long dresses. The campaign group says Russia’s leaders have turned a blind eye, even though religious dress code breaches the country’s constitution.考试用书
; F7 S! H1 \$ N, X  玻利维亚总统控告美国和联合国联合诽谤玻利维亚
' N+ ], a- }, P) v  The President of Bolivia, Evo Morales, has accused the United States and the United Nations of conspiring to defame his government. He said criticism by the US and the UN drugs agency over Bolivia’s handling of the war on drugs were part of a strategy to falsely link his government to drug trafficking. Mr Morales said the US was trying to force him to invite American anti-narcotics agents, which he expelled in 2008, back into the country.* x+ A+ y  K. _/ `9 v$ }) t+ i
  美国会举行关于美国穆斯林极端化程度听证会
5 ?* l! m* g( p, V$ c# v) w" T  A controversial congressional hearing on the alleged radicalization of the American Muslim community has opened amid tight security in Washington. The committee chairman Peter King defended the panel.+ ~3 h7 p: F) n9 T4 r
  “Let me make it clear today that I remain convinced that these hearing must go forward and they will. To back down would be a craven surrender to political correctness and an abdication of what I believe to be the main responsibility of this committee -- to protect America from a terrorist attack."
# |9 t9 v6 W: z$ D  But a civil liberties group has compared the hearings to senator Joseph McCarthy’s witch-hunt against communist sympathizers in the 1950s.
' J% q$ @! p: W/ j: `0 M  BBC News
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-10-4 00:23 , Processed in 0.285028 second(s), 21 queries .