扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 55|回复: 0

[综合辅导] 商务情景口语:022 Being a Good House Guest

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 19:12:39 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作,惊天是星期五下午,陈豪正在跟美国同事Amy聊天。# o$ J% [$ M, \" ~7 S# [
  (Office ambience), ~' l3 ^' g& Q6 C: }9 S
  A: 陈豪,do you have any plans for the weekend?" s  Q) c5 I; @+ h6 o' A
  C: 这个周末还真有活动。我们老板夫妇请我到他们家去玩儿,我没告诉你吗?说实话,I am a little nervous.
5 [  I! _: l2 M& |( S6 L3 A5 B" Q  A:What are you nervous about?: d/ V5 C; @$ r. J; m/ V/ V" _
  C: 我怕自己会有失礼的地方。唉,你给我讲讲,在西方,去别人家作客有什么需要注意的吧。
+ L( V9 s: f# Y. W4 F; K& }- Z  A: Do you have gift for your hosts?" {1 z: \" k: z- u: v1 g4 d
  C:礼物,可我不知道买什么呀。7 c. `& [: v9 O% `6 c
  A:Here's what I do. I take a gift with me when I know my hosts' taste and hobbies.
( u6 I4 z7 N: v  C:那要是不知道他有什么爱好呢?
. |1 y  [3 c' Y) C4 J8 ~  A:When I don't have a clue, I pay attention to what they like while I am there. Then I send a special gift after the visit.
! S& }7 T# w+ F) a  C:我怕吃不惯他们家的饭,所以准备自己带饭去。
$ H) B) Q9 i0 q! J  A: Unless you have food allergies or need to follow a special diet that would be rude. The rule is to "make do".
* K; @8 w( u( }; X, o& w* o+ r  C:我倒是没有食物过敏。那要是不爱吃呢?
. Z9 ?! e* G1 w9 L* W  A: If there is something you don't like, don't let your hosts know. Have a little bit of everything to be polite but fill up on the things you like.: g3 H, t/ N9 O; Y* z
  C: 你说得有道理,我可以每样儿都尝点,哪个合胃口就多吃点儿。你放心,不好吃我也不会告诉他们的。还有Amy, can I take my dog Freckles?5 ~8 K; `0 }: y
  A:绝对不行. Unless they invite Freckles, ask your neighbors if they could look after him.4 d! h' f% p1 M) l/ e1 ?4 X+ m
  C:那我到他们家能看电视吗?, n+ T8 \: h" B& [
  A:They may ask if you want to watch television and if you have any favorite shows. 不过,要是没人问你,那他们看什么,你就应该跟着看什么。. P% F0 S8 G: m  D4 j) t9 N8 L2 @
  C:他们睡觉以后我能看吗?) `( D& \1 j' Q  k% h" u0 J3 ]
  A:I hate to disappoint you, but if your hosts go to bed, you should retire to your room.0 A8 K6 l% \/ b$ X; I1 R+ `( b
  C:我要是不困呢?9 F( h7 G& z3 i  ]
  A:Take something to read. It's much more courteous to read quietly in your room than to stay up with the televising blaring.$ I/ g: P0 ]$ X4 U( K. O
7 B, r! N! O- A/ w  C:Amy, 我还有什么地方需要注意吗?
1 Z% X' V# C: L- D. N  A:Don't forget when the visit is over to send a handwritten thank you note?. g7 \. I. p7 ]. w
  C:一定要手写吗?我能不能写个e-mail,表示感谢呢?
- R5 a( o/ j8 a0 T4 }6 m1 W  A:绝对不行。E-mail is too impersonal.
: w  o9 [( I* L, }# c% I4 s8 P  C:可我没有像样的卡片和信封呀。
4 R0 _6 _8 n+ W9 c- `  A:Then buy some and take it with you along with a pen and some stamps. You can write the note before you leave their house and mail it on your way back home." H! ~& e+ O- C* U# }5 {
  C: 我还以为这个周末可以好好放松一下呢。看来我得随时注意,做个好客人,可别闹什么笑话。
% ^+ z( m, C5 M  \  A:没错。还有就是要enjoy yourself.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-10-4 00:16 , Processed in 0.196147 second(s), 21 queries .