发表于 2012-8-14 19:12:39 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作。他这两天遇到了感情困扰,去找美国同事Amy讨个主意。6 u' s$ K7 t8 t* G$ c; |
(Office ambience)! J) k( B$ N7 C- T' c3 A1 v. b8 j6 c
C:Amy, 我有点私事儿想请教你。! _5 n- p, k" `
A:What is it, Chen Hao?
& G/ I) J" b  Z1 ]C:销售部来了一个新的女同事,叫Kate. 我想请她出去约会。- m- `7 e2 m* E7 h
A:Then why don't you?: t. @, {: k& s' x/ u8 E
C:因为我不知道咱们公司是不是允许同事谈恋爱。在我原来那家公司是绝对不行的。
. s' W: _  B) @0 S' }2 V, {A:You're smart to check it out first. We used to have that policy, but our management decided that we spend so much time at work and with co-workers that it wasn't fair to impose that restriction.
! P1 c% h; y+ ]  N, I, `+ |2 h8 }C:太好了,那我就准备约她今天晚上出去吃饭。
6 k" C8 g" r1 T# d3 aA:But there are a few issues you should consider if you are going to date Kate or any other co-worker.6 M- P* @0 e6 d5 ?: a
C:你快说说。
+ b6 i* N- s5 J+ z% M2 j* S* I" aA:Before you get serious, you need to discuss what you will do if things don't work out. You will want to avoid any bad feelings between you.
3 X: e+ [# M/ \9 z# KC:是啊,我也是希望万一不行的话,彼此都能妥善处理,不要在工作上相互拆台。, T. Q5 e& Q' k. L5 K
A:That's exactly what I mean. I have seen it happen. When co-workers stop dating, one or both will often try exact some sort of revenge in the office.
# C! j# a% X$ n# {4 O% L8 e5 T- D% QC:哎,先别想那么多了,人家还没同意晚上跟我出去吃饭呢。6 F2 u8 e' `( ]. [
! y0 x: ^; c+ Q- e& T* bMC:Amy第二天早上遇到了陈豪.
( g  Z0 S. ]  z; L; X& `A:So how did your date go? Kate did accept, didn't she?/ Q9 a9 ^8 z/ {
C:挺好的,我们俩儿特别投机。不过,Kate说,跟同事谈恋爱,她也有不少顾虑。7 V$ m1 l0 B+ Y* B6 V7 I5 o
A:What did she say?) e- Z# A: i  \4 y" ~
C:她觉得,最好不要在办公室里谈我们的关系,如果别人问,我们也不否认谈恋爱,但是不会说得更具体。
) o* m& X1 Y* g# ]1 B7 d$ {A:Even if they pressure you? Some people can be pretty nosy and persistent. They'll want to know every detail of your relationship.1 x) q/ f( m+ J- I# _; X
C:我们会婉言拒绝。
! i! O8 H* m% E  C. V' RA:I guess you'll be seeing her again.. d0 Y7 b2 H9 t
C:不瞒你说,我已经被她迷住了,老想找个借口往她办公室跑。8 G, w$ |1 p1 O8 n5 H
A:That is another danger of dating a co-worker.
* f3 V6 h# O( C; KC:你是说工作的时候容易分心吗?
0 B% ~6 H# i' T& W" m6 BA:That's right. If your productivity and performance begin to suffer, others will notice and you will jeopardize your position.% F( l* L. W4 X: z
C:对呀,如果真的影响到工作,对我们在公司的发展不利。这一点我倒是没想到。Amy, 你再提醒提醒我,都要注意些什么?, ~9 E% Q! ]* W3 }1 g* z! S
A: The first thing is to know the company policy. Decide how you will handle the relationship around the office and what you will do if things don't work out.
2 \* x! E* Y+ I9 i  s- P, YC:我知道了。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-10-3 22:20 , Processed in 0.451958 second(s), 21 queries .