扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 62|回复: 0

[综合辅导] 2011年商务英语辅导:商务礼仪美语(7)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 19:12:39 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作,他到美国同事Amy的办公室去找她。9 b' c$ W2 P. L2 O) z
(Office ambience)
+ J/ e: ^( m$ j- i! eC:Amy, 你有时间吗?
5 I$ Z5 M7 ]) Q- y; n2 RA:I can always make time for you, Chen Hao. What's the matter?5 `& y' \, }) Z! @& `
C:我有个客户,听说我搬家,专门送了我一幅画儿。
, N7 u. v! `* k) uA:That doesn't sound like a problem. It sounds more like a nice gesture.
7 S% ]$ U6 S8 `$ SC:可是那画的颜色和风格跟我的公寓格格不入。) \" I" J) h4 [! ~2 U8 q% E
A:That's too bad. He probably chose something he would like to have and didn't consider your taste. I hope you thanked him for it anyway.
2 W8 l! n. z) m( ~  e- uC:我觉得也是,给别人买东西,应该买别人喜欢的才对。不过我还是打算发个电子邮件,谢谢他,但是不知道怎么写,所以来请教你。1 Z2 l; y+ @& f  u# K; x
A:Well, first of all, you shouldn't use e-mail to thank someone for a gift. A proper note of gratitude should be handwritten.
4 h8 U6 c! X+ h    C:什么是 gra——ti——tude?! O. k/ j( e$ M( }6 E! Y
A:Gratitude is the same as thanks or appreciation.7 u, ]( Q; K( \' t. j
C:那一定要手写吗?
' K# T0 H" O! G- u3 v/ [* [: ?A:E-mail is impersonal and lacks warmth. The effort you make to show your gratitude should match the effort that your client expended in sending you the gift.0 m+ H9 x# c( T; w2 `" P
C:我能不能买张现成的感谢卡,在上面加上一句,然后签个字呢?4 F' n- j+ Z$ }  q
A:I'm sorry, but that won't do either. You need to demonstrate your good manners by composing a personal note in your own words on the appropriate stationery.
5 e" K% h( z: g# O+ dC:你能陪我去买合适的卡片吗?
: ?  ^- n  h4 R, @A:I don't have time now. But let's meet at the stationery store at noon./ q- }. i7 l$ b; G
******  v, [: _; E9 r8 i
MC:中午,陈豪和Amy一起到卡片专卖店。% S) q2 Z- [6 x; `6 q: }0 H
C:Amy, 这种可以折叠的感谢卡挺大方的。' k; n& B6 S; P2 `9 i
A:They are acceptable, but not as classy as these correspondence cards that are made of heavier stock paper.
  c* b" X+ c  Z/ u- @C:噢,correspondence cards,就是回复卡。1 m5 I3 f& A: X) |! O5 @
A:You should order some with your name engraved across the top for future use.4 |. Q- s9 G4 k. e0 w
C:我说有时候收到别人的卡片,上面还有名字的缩写,原来是可以订做的呀。好,就买这个。不过我还是不知道怎么写。/ P0 y5 W( w7 B
A:It's not so hard, and you don't have to be dishonest.
: v  w; x+ J1 J, k, \$ W3 C) UC:你启发启发我。
. Q+ _5 Q# Y4 r1 o% UA:You can tell your client how much you appreciate his thoughtfulness and generosity in sending you a painting by this artist.! e8 k! W0 q: B9 W. k- s, Q7 M
C:有了。我就说“你怎么知道我家到处都是白墙的?画儿是我最需要的。”这样写,他也不知道我是不是喜欢那幅画。
* Q0 A+ g4 |/ T0 R  XA:And you have all the elements of a proper thank you note.9 `0 F3 }( ?; J! w( Z9 }
C:Amy, 你能再重复一下写感谢卡的注意事项吗?& \# k. L9 h: h) v/ v- P
A:A note of thanks is hand written on quality notepaper. It begins with a specific reference to the gift, remarks about its quality, why you appreciate it and how you will use it.9 b4 y2 i) P/ f+ t' L  s9 _5 O7 `
C:这么说,其实也不难嘛。谢谢你,Amy.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-10-3 22:13 , Processed in 0.274796 second(s), 21 queries .