QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 56|回复: 0

[综合辅导] 2011年商务英语辅导:商务礼仪美语(7)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 19:12:39 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作,他到美国同事Amy的办公室去找她。
8 ?" W: e% a1 k3 x6 N6 ~0 Q, x(Office ambience)5 y# `! u$ E, F$ x/ b  ^6 O% i; K
C:Amy, 你有时间吗?  @& \8 n& E3 I+ F
A:I can always make time for you, Chen Hao. What's the matter?) \% [9 o  ^( I  e9 Z3 R, r# P
C:我有个客户,听说我搬家,专门送了我一幅画儿。
) i# ?# m" K: DA:That doesn't sound like a problem. It sounds more like a nice gesture.
% }2 A6 M- ?% S: e! N  K; lC:可是那画的颜色和风格跟我的公寓格格不入。, x" J; l  [  H: @$ p
A:That's too bad. He probably chose something he would like to have and didn't consider your taste. I hope you thanked him for it anyway.2 k5 L3 a- Y4 |* i; |
C:我觉得也是,给别人买东西,应该买别人喜欢的才对。不过我还是打算发个电子邮件,谢谢他,但是不知道怎么写,所以来请教你。) [" }4 |4 {# g( r& y3 \
A:Well, first of all, you shouldn't use e-mail to thank someone for a gift. A proper note of gratitude should be handwritten.
. ]/ W9 T7 }" N6 ]' y; Z    C:什么是 gra——ti——tude?5 _: p$ i# i: @0 _' N* a
A:Gratitude is the same as thanks or appreciation.! w+ r- b+ t1 N
C:那一定要手写吗?# J, h* N) M. O3 }# ^
A:E-mail is impersonal and lacks warmth. The effort you make to show your gratitude should match the effort that your client expended in sending you the gift.$ y; `! u$ ?% G6 }# `( r
C:我能不能买张现成的感谢卡,在上面加上一句,然后签个字呢?8 ~5 C0 j0 T, a2 m( M$ Z6 p8 g' Y
A:I'm sorry, but that won't do either. You need to demonstrate your good manners by composing a personal note in your own words on the appropriate stationery.
& ~3 {: U1 b' jC:你能陪我去买合适的卡片吗?
+ R6 h; _$ L, Y/ \9 ^A:I don't have time now. But let's meet at the stationery store at noon.' ?0 N7 ]+ Q3 g& [" u+ D0 o) z
******" W# b" J6 ^$ M  R6 \" P; U% v- G
MC:中午,陈豪和Amy一起到卡片专卖店。
3 Q) P' m, r3 qC:Amy, 这种可以折叠的感谢卡挺大方的。( o- S& h4 [& ^& R* V8 r( ^: f
A:They are acceptable, but not as classy as these correspondence cards that are made of heavier stock paper.
# N6 u! l0 C. D( V3 xC:噢,correspondence cards,就是回复卡。! a* R7 |2 K3 T0 x2 \/ Z4 {3 Y
A:You should order some with your name engraved across the top for future use.* J# Q2 o0 `1 h( ^; D, i
C:我说有时候收到别人的卡片,上面还有名字的缩写,原来是可以订做的呀。好,就买这个。不过我还是不知道怎么写。* h6 l! k2 y. o8 }. `: ~; t1 k
A:It's not so hard, and you don't have to be dishonest.
/ V( z: H0 P. ]C:你启发启发我。, q/ K6 M) R; O; {/ H, {
A:You can tell your client how much you appreciate his thoughtfulness and generosity in sending you a painting by this artist.* B2 z2 {9 Q- i1 t! R5 ^$ s6 Z9 k
C:有了。我就说“你怎么知道我家到处都是白墙的?画儿是我最需要的。”这样写,他也不知道我是不是喜欢那幅画。! p7 n+ R1 N4 p/ m! g" R
A:And you have all the elements of a proper thank you note., h( C4 O9 q$ Y/ w3 K
C:Amy, 你能再重复一下写感谢卡的注意事项吗?, H& n8 k& l: c% |" l
A:A note of thanks is hand written on quality notepaper. It begins with a specific reference to the gift, remarks about its quality, why you appreciate it and how you will use it.4 x# C1 M+ [- J  F0 C
C:这么说,其实也不难嘛。谢谢你,Amy.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-10-3 22:12 , Processed in 0.218407 second(s), 21 queries .