扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 52|回复: 0

[综合辅导] 2011年商务英语辅导:商务礼仪美语(10)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 19:12:39 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作,他的美国同事Amy来找他谈事儿。
2 N5 [1 V3 q) U, X$ [(Office ambience)$ m: `7 Z2 n6 N
A:Hi Chen Hao, have you got a minute?
7 C, @" f* W3 e( [) @& `9 D( I! f. j7 MC:Amy, 刚才你过来的时候,我正在电话上。; j" ?; n" k( }5 j4 z- R' I$ {4 H
A:It's not polite to hang around when someone is the phone so I decided to come back.
4 z' W2 t& f# }$ z7 QC:嗨,别提了。我刚才一直在电话上等。想挂,可是好不容易才打通,挂了又得从头来,我就在那儿傻等着,烦死了。! M! D9 A6 b9 P7 u& c
A:I know what you mean. Putting callers on hold for more than thirty seconds is bad for customer relations.
) f4 p# B% g; T" I: B7 uC:半分钟,别说半分钟;我刚才足足等了半小时。不过,Amy, 说实话,我让别人等的时候,有时候也容易把时间忘了。What can I do?. \/ u2 A# T* i7 j( O; V
A:Watch the clock. Time passes quickly for the person who is busy with other callers or issues, but for the person on hold, time creeps by.
  J0 e( {4 x& q8 A, U# Z- h9 XC:就是这么回事。在电话上等,确实觉得时间过得特别慢,所以越等越不耐烦。1 L7 W# o+ T+ x5 b1 A" e
A:Since your job doesn't involve answering other people's calls, I would guess that your callers are waiting for you to look up information while they hold.  Y, d5 G: c  [, E0 K; H
C:没错,一般情况下,我都会让客户在电话上等着别挂,我马上设法帮他们解决问题。  ]3 H# @* x' z4 j9 ^6 D
A:There is a difference in holding for someone to answer the phone and holding for someone to look up information for you.
9 b' h: B) Q5 c2 M1 Q. _$ vC:在线上等别人接你的电话和等别人去帮你查资料有什么不一样呢?( S; {' q/ q2 g! T
A:If you ask people to hold while you are looking up information or trying to help them in some way, they are willing to wait.
& Z0 f8 v% G4 D$ s5 P% D2 {C:我怎么还是不明白?
" m  w. ]  ^) P5 AA:People are happy to wait while you work on their behalf.& f% a. h9 W8 P
C:噢,他们知道对方是在为自己解决问题,所以等得心甘情愿。那些等着别人接听电话的人呢?, j* M+ @+ r$ N' M1 `! K
A:When you take your time getting to the call, the caller starts to imagine all sorts of scenarios.! E- `0 F2 E. c: f% Y
C:没错,我就经常怀疑对方是把我给忘了。% m2 [% P+ {! s+ k
A:The caller may suspect you don't think the caller is important.2 W" S7 P2 ]. f6 }* w9 R  D
C:还有呢?
! V/ a# U# q6 o% k, a" H8 WA:Maybe you don't value the caller's time?# x% {) M* }. F
C:对呀,在线上等电话是越等越急,越急就容易胡思乱想。7 Z( k* C, L+ c% I
A:Yes, and the result is that your caller is pretty annoyed when you finally answer the phone." {4 F: {/ @: q" L+ H1 P, X
C:没错,那客户肯定很不高兴,觉得我没有礼貌。
+ r6 l+ I7 R$ t! ZA:Exactly. So if you want to avoid making people feel unimportant or ignored, pick up your phone as soon as you know you have a caller waiting.; c3 b0 R/ o- X6 J4 a
C:如果没办法马上接电话,我通常都会让秘书请客户决定,是在线上继续等,还是在电话信箱里留言。/ m2 `& E+ T7 p9 V- I
A:Exactly, good business etiquette as usual is to be considerate of the other person.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-10-3 22:13 , Processed in 0.261717 second(s), 21 queries .