只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 51|回复: 0

[综合辅导] 2011年商务英语辅导:商务礼仪美语(15)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 19:12:39 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作,今天是星期五下午,陈豪正在跟美国同事Amy聊天。
) s7 h; |/ R/ y(Office ambience)
) W/ H2 L' c1 _, wA: 陈豪,do you have any plans for the weekend?
8 v9 j& n0 w1 x* Y# w( `C: 这个周末还真有活动。我们老板夫妇请我到他们家去玩儿,我没告诉你吗?说实话,I am a little nervous.$ |  D2 {% W3 p- ~
A:What are you nervous about?2 Y8 Z) V% A4 E' a. z2 x, |$ K
C: 我怕自己会有失礼的地方。唉,你给我讲讲,在西方,去别人家作客有什么需要注意的吧。
. b9 I8 i) O$ V6 n: DA: Do you have gift for your hosts?
8 ]: k4 N+ \7 ^6 oC:礼物,可我不知道买什么呀。5 M  l5 H7 c6 u8 O+ {, s# {& A* h
A:Here's what I do. I take a gift with me when I know my hosts' taste and hobbies.
5 L8 X( O, l- _. {5 j1 jC:那要是不知道他有什么爱好呢?
3 I$ |! V) T" DA:When I don't have a clue, I pay attention to what they like while I am there. Then I send a special gift after the visit.
) s0 S5 g9 Q5 R3 N# E5 f! jC:我怕吃不惯他们家的饭,所以准备自己带饭去。! p* M, z8 ?* `' w; U/ {' W
A: Unless you have food allergies or need to follow a special diet that would be rude. The rule is to "make do".
; X) o4 Z( e2 D8 f6 sC:我倒是没有食物过敏。那要是不爱吃呢?2 U1 w5 ^6 T, y# K! i. d; R& w3 ?% V$ i
A: If there is something you don't like, don't let your hosts know. Have a little bit of everything to be polite but fill up on the things you like.
1 p& c9 u# {) `! vC: 你说得有道理,我可以每样儿都尝点,哪个合胃口就多吃点儿。你放心,不好吃我也不会告诉他们的。还有Amy, can I take my dog Freckles?
" Z5 C0 f6 Z7 S; l& ?- eA:绝对不行. Unless they invite Freckles, ask your neighbors if they could look after him.
9 N) F) {8 g2 M3 l& aC:那我到他们家能看电视吗?
) V  {' I* v) t& jA:They may ask if you want to watch television and if you have any favorite shows. 不过,要是没人问你,那他们看什么,你就应该跟着看什么。
6 {) S4 e' B$ l- ^C:他们睡觉以后我能看吗?
, B! k4 R  d8 N, aA:I hate to disappoint you, but if your hosts go to bed, you should retire to your room.7 Z" m; ^$ Y) d2 e2 B! [* v
C:我要是不困呢?6 P- L- ?( [" x2 Y
A:Take something to read. It's much more courteous to read quietly in your room than to stay up with the televising blaring.4 }8 v! a4 H2 f6 n
3 o$ d1 r: Y9 B$ M1 v7 ^C:Amy, 我还有什么地方需要注意吗?
8 h! }! [& R9 u; e' PA:Don't forget when the visit is over to send a handwritten thank you note?
- d+ W: q# h, E# A1 t8 FC:一定要手写吗?我能不能写个e-mail,表示感谢呢?
$ N& K: L; d1 U3 ^* b; H0 UA:绝对不行。E-mail is too impersonal.: \5 B! a$ a2 f  l
C:可我没有像样的卡片和信封呀。/ w$ e! v/ P3 L! Q$ K0 @
A:Then buy some and take it with you along with a pen and some stamps. You can write the note before you leave their house and mail it on your way back home.
/ q3 |4 n: p6 J" L# ]6 T0 |C: 我还以为这个周末可以好好放松一下呢。看来我得随时注意,做个好客人,可别闹什么笑话。
: |0 u% d5 Z' uA:没错。还有就是要enjoy yourself.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-10-3 22:15 , Processed in 0.444536 second(s), 21 queries .