扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 58|回复: 1

[BEC真题] BEC历年阅读真题详解(12)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 19:16:37 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
BEC历年阅读真题详解(12)
7 z0 l5 j: r; K, u/ x/ uTime for a new career + n0 D! G8 m" n# Y0 I( o

4 h" P" N8 H* `! a2 q6 i5 C! J  f# t
“losing your job isn’t the end of the world: it gives you’rethe chance the a new beginning (0) says Caroline Poole, 30,Who was made redundant (31) her role as head of marketingcampaigns with an insurance group two years ago. The newswas a blow, especially after a successful nine-year career withthe business, but she was determined to see redundancy (32) apositive force for change. 中华考试网( X  p- U* q* C2 T- v3 d
  (33) it seemed a tough lesson at the time, redundancy was the catalyst that redirected mycareer, “ says Caroline “It gave me the break I needed to understand (34) my career objectiveslay.” ! V2 X% Q" a5 \) b+ e: Y
  Working with a consultant, Caroline explored a number of work options that oppealed to her.She also took advantage of workshops on issues (35) as setting up your own business, andmanaging your finances. A key consideration for her was (36) easy it would be to balance workingin London with home life 100 kilometers away. & S& c4 H( g0 H) H& r
  She was encouraged to network (37) other marketing professionals and via this route madecontact with a communications agency. She took time out to go travelling , and on her return wasoffered a role in the agency. (38) was proof to her that she still had marketable skills. 2 o  Z; }/ O' c6 d3 o4 k/ i# `
  Two years (39) from redundancy, Caroline is planning another career break . “ The experienceof redundancy has made me view my options with more confidence. I now know that I can dictatemy own career path, even (40) it were to mean resigning first and then taking time to find theright direction” she says.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-14 19:16:38 | 显示全部楼层

BEC历年阅读真题详解(12)

</p>填词版的完形填空,关于失业之后该如何开始新的职业生活的。这些文章读多了,对人是会有启发的。此外,这种题型也很考验人的语言功底,短语积累和基本的语法知识是必不可少的。5 M& {0 t, q. }* K9 P) D4 d
  31题,考查的是固定搭配。这里的意思很明显,是指这个女的在自己的职位上被开除了,make redundant是商业英语里的地道说法:Follow a fair and legal process when it's necessary to dismiss staff on the grounds of redundancy.如果是made redundant,后面的介词用from,可以看个例句:Just been made redundant from your last job?
# ^$ q# S% G3 m% n% K7 T" D& R1 @  32题,比较简单,see as,将什么视为。将失业视为改变的积极动力。
: `8 `; h6 g! I. N  33题,虽然是艰难的一课(a tough lesson),还是改变了我的职业方向(redirect my career),有转折的意思,although和though。
9 Q' \% ]* `7 u" m2 l. \  34题,这是个定语从句,当中要填入的是关系代词。给了我需要的时间,来弄明白我的职业目标放在哪。用where。 7 W0 s& ~9 C1 F
  35题,这题很明显,举例的,用such as。 ; D* i9 w3 q4 r
  36题,分析这个句子的成分。前面是a key consideration,做主语,有个was,是谓语,was后面的是宾语。在宾语成分里出现了it would be to balance…..这样的完整的句子,所以空格部分应该填入一个词,引导从句,并且这个词所接从句必须倒装。满足这个要求的词是how。(How引导的状语从句要求部分倒装)
. q' C3 u3 s9 u5 @) s. y  h  37题,network with,词组:connect as or operate with a network,将…连成网。 - `1 x8 y4 M' v- A! G
  38题,还是个定语从句。一个完整的句子,缺乏关系代词来衔接,要用which。关键在于要识别出这里的定语从句,否则很难往那上面想。在做这类题目时,如果一个句子各种成分都很齐全,而且比较长,那么是从句的可能性很大,要根据上下文的意思来判断填入的代词。题目做多了,会培养出这方面的警觉性。 6 N# R/ y0 G; y6 B
  39题,two years on,固定说法,两年以后,两年过去了。
- H0 c% l& n$ R2 c$ @! C  40题,很容易联想到even if或者是even though,只能填if不能填though。这是两个意思和用法都不同的词组。even if,即便,带有假设的意思,后面接虚拟语气;even though,即使,表示既定事实。40空后面的句子是虚拟语气,因此这个题目只能填if。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-13 21:56 , Processed in 0.219688 second(s), 23 queries .